Become a Patron!

kanger tech protank 3 broken

SO i have bought a few of these tanks, and always end up breaking them by sitting on them or dropping them.( I wish they made them in some unbreakable poly stuff), but anyway my current situation is this:

I have recently broken another tank, this time there is a hole in the side, but most of the tank is still there. I have wrapped up the hole with electrical tape which seals the tank fine until I buy one in a few days.

My question is this. Will the coil get hot enough to melt the tape and give me glue fumes in my tank?

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I doubt the tape will get hot and create a fume...the juice in the tank is pretty much whatever the temp is in your environment...only the juice being burned in the wick will get hot...you should be ok till you can get another glass for it.

lordmage

The Sky has Fallen. the End is Here.
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Mike H is correct but i would add that some juices could eat the tape.

the juice I am using now is VG, PG, and nicotine. Are any of those ingredients, or combination of ingredients capable of actually eating through electrical tape?

lordmage

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
unflavored pg,vg,nic is safe. the flavorings capable of cracking a tank are capable of eating the tape. you could always get your self a food grade sealant to patch the tank but you would need a clean tank and time to allow the sealant to set.

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
the juice I am using now is VG, PG, and nicotine. Are any of those ingredients, or combination of ingredients capable of actually eating through electrical tape?

Probably more so meaning it may can soften the glue and possibly get back inside the tank but i cant say ive tried juice on tape to see what the effects were...Get yourself at least one back up tank for these situations...the evod wont bust in your pocket but the tips will crack if you drop it and it lands on it...can buy those cheap.

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
You can always get an aspire mini nautilus with a metal safety cage:
ATO-Aspire-Nautilus-Mini-repla-2.jpg

lordmage

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
OP has another thread were that was a suggestion

DYLAN73

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Love those metal safety cages @zamaman... May you be so kind as to let me know where you picked them up from? Thanks...

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Fasttech, although you can find them here in the U.S.

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
SO i have bought a few of these tanks, and always end up breaking them by sitting on them or dropping them.( I wish they made them in some unbreakable poly stuff), but anyway my current situation is this:

I have recently broken another tank, this time there is a hole in the side, but most of the tank is still there. I have wrapped up the hole with electrical tape which seals the tank fine until I buy one in a few days.

My question is this. Will the coil get hot enough to melt the tape and give me glue fumes in my tank?
If you are serious which it kinda seems you are not a quick fix for most pyrex tanks it does not look the best get some rubber round hair ties put one or two on the tank till tight I used to do it all the time saved my tanks a million times when i was using those old protanks I should have done the same to the subtank I just broke that as well...

There is a vendor called Caterpiller Vapes that sells colored replacement tanks for $2.99 for the Kanger Pro 3. They are safe seller.

VU Sponsors