Become a Patron!

Kanger Tip (cleaning your base)

PuffPuffPass

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
If you own a Kanger, then you probably have grown accustom to cleaning it regularly. In addition to just giving it an occasional bath, take the time to look inside the base underneath the coil.

Especially if you're vaping a lot of creams and custards.

You may notice a syrupy buildup (cooked on) around the contact pin. Requiring a bit more than just rinsing to remove. If not removed, it may continue to build up and cause issues with your coil not firing properly. I.E. Ohms jumping, or simply not firing.

Flightmedic76

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I recently started giving all my of tanks and RDA's a couple quick cycles in an ultrasonic cleaner with a little dish soap and hot water when I change flavors, or every couple weeks during a re-wick. It seems to do a pretty darn good job for the price (less than $30 from Harbor Freight).

dre

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I always take my tank completely apart down to taking off the insulator's. If you don't juice always lingers in-between insulation and effect's flavor.

Sent from my Droid Turbo 2 using Tapatalk

Huff-N-Stuff

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
most times when changing the coil, I take everything apart and rinse in hot water, then use a q-tip, canned air and tissue to dry everything out

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I take my subtank mini's to bits and with a few drops of soap and give them a good clean with a small brush. Orings go into a pot of just boiled hot water with again a few drops of dish soap. Remove the positive pin and insulator and clean it along with shinning the top and bottom of the pin with some 320 sandpaper. I have to take the RBA also to bits to clean cause in time the airflow gets YUK in it along with dryburn cooties that produce a burnt taste and seeing the old sticky juice under the RBA delrin insulator and in the screw holes that just acquires over time. Once the glass is able to spin then the tank gets broken down and cleaned.

VU Sponsors