KangerTech Aero Tank Mini

VaperJay

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Overview:
I bought this tank on a whim while in my local shop. With my Aspire Ce4 BDC constantly leaking into the center tube while assembled I needed a replacement tank. I had heard many good things about KangerTech, but mostly about the Pro Tank series. I had never seen the Aero Tank series before. With what I had heard about KangerTech though I went out on a limb and bought the Aero Tank mini. I've been using this tank for a week now and have yet to be dissapointed with it!

What Comes In the Box:
  • Instruction Manual
  • The Tank Setup With the Pyrex Glass Tube
  • Metal Drip Tip
  • Metal Tube
  • Replacement BDC Atomizer (Because We All Know Attys Don't Last Forever)
  • Instructions for using the Anti-Counterfeit Mark on the Box

Review:
This thing is awesome, you can't go wrong with the airflow controller. It works great with a fully tight draw, fully open, or any where in between depending on your juice and personal preferences! I get great vapor no matter where I set the airflow. Sometimes I like big open hits and other times I'm in the mood for some tight draws. My only complaint about the airflow ring is that it can be a bit stiff if it hasn't been moved in the last couple hours and the tank hasn't been used in that time. All I have to do to get it to move more freely is make sure it is on my battery securely, take a couple of draws to heat it up (expands the metal the tank is made out of) and it is able to turn freely again.
Filling it had a little bit of a learning curve but I finally got it down after two or three days of regular use. Because the tube is interchangeable it is just sort of sandwhiched between the top and bottom of the unit when it is assembled. When you unscrew it to fill the tank up however it just kind of sits there loosely so while filling you have to hold the tube against the top of the unit in order to avoid loosing your juice (it'll just seep out of the tube where it touches the mouth piece or top of the unit if you don't do this. Personally I use Tom's Filling Method in order to fill the tank further than you would be able to without using this method. If you don't use this method the space for juice before it starts getting into your center tube is rather limited and personally I like having it filled about two thirds of the way so that it'll last me through my day and through work. Also, I personally prefer the glass tube, it simply looks better on my black ego-T battery than the metal tank and I like to be able to see where my juice level is.
I was skeptical of the metal tip at first, I had only ever used plastic drip tips before purchasing this tank and I wasn't sure the metal would be as comfortable. I was prepared to swap it for one of my plastic ones if I didn't like it. Let me tell you though, I loved it. The metal tip just has a much cleaner vaping feel to it! I'm considering buying a spare metal drip tip now to use with my other cheaper tanks.

(This is my first review of a vaping product, so thank you for reading! If anyone has any airflow preferences for this tank I'd love to hear them and your reasoning behind it. :))

Celtic Fog

Tir Na Nog
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Very good review, well written and right on the money. I think we all love these lil tanks.

Nikkita6

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reviewer
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Thank you for sharing your thoughts and experience with the community. :) I have never tried the Aerotank mini, but I was a huge fan of the original Kanger Protank mini though.

TheWestPole

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Overview:
I bought this tank on a whim while in my local shop. With my Aspire Ce4 BDC constantly leaking into the center tube while assembled I needed a replacement tank. I had heard many good things about KangerTech, but mostly about the Pro Tank series. I had never seen the Aero Tank series before. With what I had heard about KangerTech though I went out on a limb and bought the Aero Tank mini. I've been using this tank for a week now and have yet to be dissapointed with it!

What Comes In the Box:
  • Instruction Manual
  • The Tank Setup With the Pyrex Glass Tube
  • Metal Drip Tip
  • Metal Tube
  • Replacement BDC Atomizer (Because We All Know Attys Don't Last Forever)
  • Instructions for using the Anti-Counterfeit Mark on the Box

Review:
This thing is awesome, you can't go wrong with the airflow controller. It works great with a fully tight draw, fully open, or any where in between depending on your juice and personal preferences! I get great vapor no matter where I set the airflow. Sometimes I like big open hits and other times I'm in the mood for some tight draws. My only complaint about the airflow ring is that it can be a bit stiff if it hasn't been moved in the last couple hours and the tank hasn't been used in that time. All I have to do to get it to move more freely is make sure it is on my battery securely, take a couple of draws to heat it up (expands the metal the tank is made out of) and it is able to turn freely again.
Filling it had a little bit of a learning curve but I finally got it down after two or three days of regular use. Because the tube is interchangeable it is just sort of sandwhiched between the top and bottom of the unit when it is assembled. When you unscrew it to fill the tank up however it just kind of sits there loosely so while filling you have to hold the tube against the top of the unit in order to avoid loosing your juice (it'll just seep out of the tube where it touches the mouth piece or top of the unit if you don't do this. Personally I use Tom's Filling Method in order to fill the tank further than you would be able to without using this method. If you don't use this method the space for juice before it starts getting into your center tube is rather limited and personally I like having it filled about two thirds of the way so that it'll last me through my day and through work. Also, I personally prefer the glass tube, it simply looks better on my black ego-T battery than the metal tank and I like to be able to see where my juice level is.
I was skeptical of the metal tip at first, I had only ever used plastic drip tips before purchasing this tank and I wasn't sure the metal would be as comfortable. I was prepared to swap it for one of my plastic ones if I didn't like it. Let me tell you though, I loved it. The metal tip just has a much cleaner vaping feel to it! I'm considering buying a spare metal drip tip now to use with my other cheaper tanks.

(This is my first review of a vaping product, so thank you for reading! If anyone has any airflow preferences for this tank I'd love to hear them and your reasoning behind it. :))

Pretty pleased with that Aero Mini, huh? Me too and a bunch of others around here. For discussions about the whole series check out http://vapingunderground.com/threads/best-new-aerotanks-by-function-not-appearance.7633/ or http://vapingunderground.com/thread...nk-giant-for-those-of-you-who-dont-know.6017/ Cheers!

Greetings fellow members!

I've been using these aerotank minis for about a couple months now. I have two of them. Each tank holds a different type ejuice but both have a 60/pg 40/vg mix. At first, i though it was all the rage: taste, vapor, build -it was all very satisfying. However, after a few days to a week or so, I quickly noticed an unfortunate trend. Juice seemed to always find its way into the air chamber (resulting in gurgling and clogged hits) AND it always leaked juice from the airhole located on the bottom of the atomizer.

For the next few months, i carried on like this. Whenever it started gurgling, or felt clogged, id have to take out the atty and blow out all the juice that got caught up in the atomiser. Often times, even after doing this, it only lasted for a few draws before it started gurgling again. Needless to say, i was wasting juice, AND wasting money on buying new attys. Only 2 days ago i put in a fresh atty and already its gurgling. The worst part of this particular situation is that blowing out any juice caught up in the atty, or in the air chamber -doesnt even resolve the issue!

Im really frustrated and getting really sick of this whole ecig world. Ive been off the rollies for about 1 year now. I love vaping, but i just cant seem to find any sweet spot that lasts for more than a week without breaking the bank. Previous to the aerotanks, i was using the aspire BDC attys. They seem better atomizers compared to these kangers. But i do like the aerotank airflow options...but unless i find a solution to my problem, im gunna have to ditch the aerotanks. Which really, sucks. -A complete time waster ,,,,for me anyways ;(

Im hoping someone can help/advise.

Kind Rgds,
BinniE

TheWestPole

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Greetings fellow members!

I've been using these aerotank minis for about a couple months now. I have two of them. Each tank holds a different type ejuice but both have a 60/pg 40/vg mix. At first, i though it was all the rage: taste, vapor, build -it was all very satisfying. However, after a few days to a week or so, I quickly noticed an unfortunate trend. Juice seemed to always find its way into the air chamber (resulting in gurgling and clogged hits) AND it always leaked juice from the airhole located on the bottom of the atomizer.

For the next few months, i carried on like this. Whenever it started gurgling, or felt clogged, id have to take out the atty and blow out all the juice that got caught up in the atomiser. Often times, even after doing this, it only lasted for a few draws before it started gurgling again. Needless to say, i was wasting juice, AND wasting money on buying new attys. Only 2 days ago i put in a fresh atty and already its gurgling. The worst part of this particular situation is that blowing out any juice caught up in the atty, or in the air chamber -doesnt even resolve the issue!

Im really frustrated and getting really sick of this whole ecig world. Ive been off the rollies for about 1 year now. I love vaping, but i just cant seem to find any sweet spot that lasts for more than a week without breaking the bank. Previous to the aerotanks, i was using the aspire BDC attys. They seem better atomizers compared to these kangers. But i do like the aerotank airflow options...but unless i find a solution to my problem, im gunna have to ditch the aerotanks. Which really, sucks. -A complete time waster ,,,,for me anyways ;(

Im hoping someone can help/advise.

Kind Rgds,
BinniE

A lot your complaints are typical of replaceable coil atomizers, particularly gurgling and short-lived coils. You may be one of those vapers who, like myself, goes from replaceables to rebuildables very quickly, in my case around one month. Even my favorite replaceables started gathering dust within a few weeks of switching. Since then I have given most of them away to friends just starting out.

Perhaps it's time to consider a KFL clone or the like, and take the plunge. Generally speaking, you can build better than you can buy. :)

A lot your complaints are typical of replaceable coil atomizers, particularly gurgling and short-lived coils. You may be one of those vapers who, like myself, goes from replaceables to rebuildables very quickly, in my case around one month. Even my favorite replaceables started gathering dust within a few weeks of switching. Since then I have given most of them away to friends just starting out.

Perhaps it's time to consider a KFL clone or the like, and take the plunge. Generally speaking, you can build better than you can buy. :)

Thanks man, for your reply. Much appreciated. I've already started to think about this and the way things are going, its pretty much imminent that i will soon be going the RDA route. It just doesnt make any sense that a replaceable coil of any type can go out in less than 3 days! I felt i must have been doing something wrong? Rgding RDA's, i just dont like the options available in relation to sizes, -there so bulky. However, given the circumstance, im SURE ill get use to it pretty fast -especially if the vaping experience is what i suspect it to be, i.e good consistent flavor / serious vapor production / and most importantly -coils not going out in less than a few days!

I still hope that someone can chime in on this aerotank dilema i have and maybe, just maybe, provide some sort of info that can result in lengthen the time that these coils currently have. That would be great.

Cheers y'all ;)

InMyImage

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I use a standard Aerotank for my all day vape which is pretty much 18-20 hours a day chain vaping and rarely have any problems with gurgling, but when I do it's because I'm inhaling without my atomizer firing because my ZNA clone goes to sleep really quickly and you have to hit the fire button twice to get it fire from a sleep.

You might pay close attention to your inhalation habits for a bit to see if you are inhaling to early or to long. I normally hit my fire button before I even put my mouth on the drip tip and don't let off until I remove it from my mouth.

I also get a couple of weeks worth of use out of my atomizers even chain vaping all day.

Now, every single time I add fluid I take a strip of paper towel about 3 inches long and about half an inch at one end tapering up to about an inch at the other and roll it up and run that through the chimney to clean out any juice that gets into the chimney through normal use, because you can't avoid some juice getting in the chimney just from the vaporization process.

Also, when my atomizer gets flooded, which is what happens when you get gurgling, I dry fire the atomizer until the juice is all sucked out of the wick. With the older style atomizer, you can remove the short chimney section from the top of the atomizer and see the coils and burn them until they glow red for a couple of seconds. This also is something I do if I change flavors in the same tank.

When dry burning you can actually see the outer portion of the wick drying out as the fluid wicks into the coils.

In the new style cannister coils you just have to give it a couple of burns becuase you can't see the coils or the wick because they are all contained in the canister and I have not been able to remove the short chimney section from any of the 5 I have.

I have saved most of my original coils though and plan to try re-wicking them when I run out of coils in a couple of months because I have 10 replacements left for the 12 or so tanks used between my wife, daughter and I.

TheWestPole

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I had generally good luck with my Aerotanks, all of them, though a lot of gurgling problems with others, Smoktech in particular. I always kept the Aertoank's airflow valve wide open, which may have reduced the possibility of flooding. In case you don't know, when you draw with a tighter setting more juice is pulled into the wicks, with open setting less juice.

MD_Boater

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Is there any chance that you've lost an o-ring at the top or bottom of the glass tube? I've had 2 Aerotanks for 4 days now, and I already lost one. That'll make them leak for sure.

@MD_Boater. Thanks for that. I was aware of those o-rings alright. I also mind to not screw the pieces together too tight as ive read they can cause the o-rings to deform / lose shape.

@InMyImage: Thanks for the info. Thats very interesting. Im definitely not taking drags without the coil firing up. And im pretty sure im not taking hits too early or ceasing too late. Sounds like your getting optimal performance out of your gear. Why am i not getting even close to that?!

I pretty much also always clean out the chimney with some tissue paper whenever a the gurgling / clogged issue occurs. Everytime.

Now the dry burn.. i think i have done this once or twice ?? So, I just tried it there tonight after getting home from work. I emptied whatever juice was in the tank, and filled it up. Took my first drag, -immediately it started gurgling. "Dammit!" ;-) Upon further inspection, what i noticed (btw, i have noticed this before) is that the 2 holes near the bottom of the atty, (where the juice flows in and some wick is sticking out) -THAT, seems to get worn out. In fact, in 2 cases that i recall, there was no wick exposed at all. It was completely gone! As a result, i think the juice finds it way into the coils alot quicker than its suppose to -resulting in the flooding.

So, question now is, "did i get a bad batch of attys?" I cant understand how this part of the atomizer can disinegrate so quickly -especially after you are saying that yours last up to 2 weeks on an 18-20 hrs a day of chain vaping?!!!! Im completely baffled.

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Is your aero new or old style? I actually prefer the old style, I have 3 of them. The air flow @ wide open wasn't enough for me so I drilled them out, right from the start, and I have never once had a gurgler. I love areo tanks. Another thing I like about the old style is that the coils are so easy to rebuild. There are places you can still get the old style tanks and coils --cheap.

InMyImage

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
@MD_Boater. Thanks for that. I was aware of those o-rings alright. I also mind to not screw the pieces together too tight as ive read they can cause the o-rings to deform / lose shape.

@InMyImage: Thanks for the info. Thats very interesting. Im definitely not taking drags without the coil firing up. And im pretty sure im not taking hits too early or ceasing too late. Sounds like your getting optimal performance out of your gear. Why am i not getting even close to that?!

I pretty much also always clean out the chimney with some tissue paper whenever a the gurgling / clogged issue occurs. Everytime.

Now the dry burn.. i think i have done this once or twice ?? So, I just tried it there tonight after getting home from work. I emptied whatever juice was in the tank, and filled it up. Took my first drag, -immediately it started gurgling. "Dammit!" ;-) Upon further inspection, what i noticed (btw, i have noticed this before) is that the 2 holes near the bottom of the atty, (where the juice flows in and some wick is sticking out) -THAT, seems to get worn out. In fact, in 2 cases that i recall, there was no wick exposed at all. It was completely gone! As a result, i think the juice finds it way into the coils alot quicker than its suppose to -resulting in the flooding.

So, question now is, "did i get a bad batch of attys?" I cant understand how this part of the atomizer can disinegrate so quickly -especially after you are saying that yours last up to 2 weeks on an 18-20 hrs a day of chain vaping?!!!! Im completely baffled.
Clarify which style you have:

kanger_dual_coils_2.jpg

VU Sponsors