Become a Patron!

Kangertech cupti check battery

Hey yall. I just bought a kangertech cupti today and I'm having a little trouble. I have a newly charged battery in and every once in a while it will stop firing and the screen display says check battery. Sometimes if I wait a second it fires right back up and other times it take awhile for it to work again. The screen is showing a full charge and I have tried two batteries with the same issues. I am new to vaping and it's really frustrating for it to mess up whike trying to quit smoking. Any suggestions? Thanks!

Fuerii

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I think we need detailed info on those batteries. All batteries are not equal. They may not be putting out the amps needed. If that's true you risk venting the battery, which is very bad. I don't know what safety features your mod has, but without more info it sounds like your mod is shutting down to prevent catastrophic failure. Take it to a shop or post Pictures of the batteries and all markings. What resistance and wattage are you running? Where did the batteries come from? They could be fakes, or just not powerful enough. I would stop using it for now personally until this gets figured out. Maybe grab some nic patches until it's sorted.

I had that happen the other day. I unscrewed the coil and pressed fire a couple of times then screwed it back in and selected new atomizer (for some reason it was set at .61 before then .57 after) Also I filled the tank (it was almost empty) after that the check battery stopped happening. It hasn't happened again. I did wait about 20 minutes before doing the first step so the coil could cool.

I am having very similar problems with the unit I recieved yesterday. My Cupti refused to acknowledge my LG HE2 18650 batteries and only ran - for a day - on my Panasonic NCR18650B s (which are the only ones that I have used with this unit).
Over night it was charging but in the morning after a few puffs it said ' check battery'*. Now it goes to 'check battery' whenever I puff on it no matter if the battery is freshly charged or not.
Unscrewing the coil and firing the unit didnt do anything.
The batteries I used are quite popular from what I can tell and are good upto 20A. I am dumbfounded. My sole ecig for the last year or so has been the Kanger Nebox all my batteries work fine on it. I also checked the voltage on the batteries to check they have charged properly no problem.
  • What is going on?
  • Anyone happily puffing away on a Cupti: what batteries are you using and how are you charging them?
*the setting I am using is TC with SS at 550F.

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I seriously doubt it's a battery issue, rather it's a Kanger issue. Everything they have put out lately is loaded with jankiness. Which sucks because I think they made one of the best kits of all time; the Subox mini and tank. Who did buy the mod from? if it's a local shop l, take it back.

Im actually experiencing the same issue. I am not so new to vaping and know my battery is both in good condition and strong enough to handle the job. I am so disappointed to see that I'm not the only one having this problem because I really love my Cupti.

I'm now in my THIRD cupti!! All came from Amazin sellers. First two had power buttons which stuck in the 'on' position - so we're useless. Now in the third. It worked ok for the first 2 weeks apart from the 'check battery' appearing every so often despite using fully charged Samsung batteries. Removing and reinserting the battery seemed to make it reset quickly.
Now the 3rd Cupti is going bezerk as its + button is sticking making it go crazy. I'm kinda tired now even though I love the design. But the quality is just dire.
So if you're considering a Cupti I'd say that the design is great but the quality makes it a risky investment....

Im actually experiencing the same issue. I am not so new to vaping and know my battery is both in good condition and strong enough to handle the job. I am so disappointed to see that I'm not the only one having this problem because I really love my Cupti.
Yeah it made me lose faith too.... I even bought new genuine Samsung and Panasonic batteries and still the check battery sign kept appearing. Aaaaargh!

I seriously doubt it's a battery issue, rather it's a Kanger issue. Everything they have put out lately is loaded with jankiness. Which sucks because I think they made one of the best kits of all time; the Subox mini and tank. Who did buy the mod from? if it's a local shop l, take it back.
Yep I couldn't agree more - so I'm now thinking of taking your advice and buying a subox mini....

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yep I couldn't agree more - so I'm now thinking of taking your advice and buying a subox mini....

While I love the Subox mini kit there are some better options available. If you like the all in one kits the aspire Plato is supposed to be real nice. For something along the lines of a Subtank, I would get a Evic VTC mini and which ever tank matches your style.

While I love the Subox mini kit there are some better options available. If you like the all in one kits the aspire Plato is supposed to be real nice. For something along the lines of a Subtank, I would get a Evic VTC mini and which ever tank matches your style.
Thanks a lot I'll check these out

Mine does this too. The first day I couldn't even use the thing! The second day it happened a couple times, and it's been a week and the only time it's happened is when the battery is very low. This thing should not happen at all especially from a big company like kanger but I don't personally believe it's a deal breaker

I am having very similar problems with the unit I recieved yesterday. My Cupti refused to acknowledge my LG HE2 18650 batteries and only ran - for a day - on my Panasonic NCR18650B s (which are the only ones that I have used with this unit).
Over night it was charging but in the morning after a few puffs it said ' check battery'*. Now it goes to 'check battery' whenever I puff on it no matter if the battery is freshly charged or not.
Unscrewing the coil and firing the unit didnt do anything.
The batteries I used are quite popular from what I can tell and are good upto 20A. I am dumbfounded. My sole ecig for the last year or so has been the Kanger Nebox all my batteries work fine on it. I also checked the voltage on the batteries to check they have charged properly no problem.
  • What is going on?
  • Anyone happily puffing away on a Cupti: what batteries are you using and how are you charging them?
*the setting I am using is TC with SS at 550F.
I just use it in wattage mode so maybe it's more common on tc. The battery that works best is an mxjo 35a battery. I contacted kanger and they said it SHOULD be using battery's above 35a but after about a week my lg 20a batteries have worked fine on it. Give it some time, or try vaping with standard ss coils

Thanks so much for your advice - which I've followed! My 3rd cranky Cupti is in its way back to Amazon and I'm now puffing away happily on my new Aspire Plato!

Nancy_Bout

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I'm not having any problems - Yet-
I'm using a Samsung all Samsung batteries the green ones.
One thing I will say I do love but the coils- wish they lasted a Little longer.
Has shorter coil life than my crown or cleito for example-
Wish the RTA would come out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd hate to make it sound so easy, but every time ive had the check battery issue was right after filling it. The problem for me was i was simply screwing it back on too tight. Try loosening it about a quarter turn. Its been flawless in fixing my check battery issue every time. Hope it helps you.

I found the problem, at least with my cupti. The battery contact also connects with the body of the mod on the side of the battery door, this is where the disconnect occurs. The stud should have an adjustment or spring but doesn't appear to. A sliver of aluminum foil should fix the problem.

Hey guys sorry to break I.t to you but your all wrong..
The check battery light is coming up because the battery can’t handle the amount of wattage.
All batteries are different.

Here’s the fix:

Just lower your temp control or wattage until the message stops coming. Once the battery is comfortable with the temperature or wattage your vaping at the message won’t ever come up again.

For max temp I recommend getting a 3000 or 3500 mah 18650 battery.

HOPE THIS HElps!

VU Sponsors