Become a Patron!

Kangertech dripbox or Eleaf istick pico ?

hey guys , I'm new here but I'm stuck with a decision that is ripping me apart ! ive been thinking day and night if I should get the Kangertech dripbox or the Eleaf istick pico.

I originally wanted the dripbox but I'm worried that I will fly through juice which gets pricy (even in bulk) and Its a constant 60watts so I cant adjust it but I wanted it for the fact that I would not have to buy new coils ever.

Then there is the pico that is more expensive and has settings I can change for a less juice consuming vape but it comes with the melo 3 which takes coils :tantrum: and I just want something that will last long without too much money.

Thanks for reading my mess and for any replies and I'm sorry I'm so cheap:sad:

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
hey guys , I'm new here but I'm stuck with a decision that is ripping me apart ! ive been thinking day and night if I should get the Kangertech dripbox or the Eleaf istick pico.

I originally wanted the dripbox but I'm worried that I will fly through juice which gets pricy (even in bulk) and Its a constant 60watts so I cant adjust it but I wanted it for the fact that I would not have to buy new coils ever.

Then there is the pico that is more expensive and has settings I can change for a less juice consuming vape but it comes with the melo 3 which takes coils :tantrum: and I just want something that will last long without too much money.

Thanks for reading my mess and for any replies and I'm sorry I'm so cheap:sad:
If you want a Squonker, you could get the Kanger Dripbox 160, which has adjustable settings. However, the RDA that comes with it sucks!
The Pico is a nice beginners mod. For the Melo 3, you can get the ECR head, and you can build your own coils in it. Wire and cotton is cheap. I personally like to use the Aspire Cleito, with optional RTA System (should be called RBA though!), and the optional Cleito Expansion tube, on my Pico.
Regarding juice consumption, there's always DIY!

If you want a Squonker, you could get the Kanger Dripbox 160, which has adjustable settings. However, the RDA that comes with it sucks!
The Pico is a nice beginners mod. For the Melo 3, you can get the ECR head, and you can build your own coils in it. Wire and cotton is cheap. I personally like to use the Aspire Cleito, with optional RTA System (should be called RBA though!), and the optional Cleito Expansion tube, on my Pico.

Ahh thanks , kinda clears up my frustration :stars: I think the pico looks like the path for me seeing as it seems more convenient and I only have 1 LG hg2 18650 battery (not in the mood to blow all my cash just yet :giggle:)
I guess the only thing is to choose my colour now ... thanks a BUNCH

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Ahh thanks , kinda clears up my frustration :stars: I think the pico looks like the path for me seeing as it seems more convenient and I only have 1 LG hg2 18650 battery (not in the mood to blow all my cash just yet :giggle:)
You might want to get another LG HG2 though. Depending on the wattage, you're vaping at, you might need a backup. I also recommend an external charger.

Telefunkin U47

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
A buddy of mine has the Dropbox and doesn't like it at all. It says 60 Watts but it's more like 20. I can put his dripper on my mod at 40w and it blows the Dropbox away. No way it's 60w output. Tried my battery in it and no difference.

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
A buddy of mine has the Dropbox and doesn't like it at all. It says 60 Watts but it's more like 20. I can put his dripper on my mod at 40w and it blows the Dropbox away. No way it's 60w output. Tried my battery in it and no difference.
Maybe, he should have gotten the Kanger Dripbox, instead of a Dropbox. :giggle:

DevAuto

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Vape Media
I know what you mean about not wanting to spend a lot of cash, but I would seriously recommend a second battery and an external charger. The USB port is usually one of the weakest links in a mod. If you are constantly plugging into it to charge the mod, and it breaks, then you will be buying a new mod, which will cost you more than a battery and charger in the long run. The second battery is so that you can charge one battery while you are still vaping with the other.

HTH!

rchmx

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I know what you mean about not wanting to spend a lot of cash, but I would seriously recommend a second battery and an external charger. The USB port is usually one of the weakest links in a mod. If you are constantly plugging into it to charge the mod, and it breaks, then you will be buying a new mod, which will cost you more than a battery and charger in the long run. The second battery is so that you can charge one battery while you are still vaping with the other.

HTH!

Do you really think breaking the USB port would make the mod not work? Or would it just force you to buy an external charger?

Last edited:

DevAuto

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Vape Media
Do you really think breaking the USB port would make the mod not work? Or would it just force you to buy an external charger?
Really it depends on how it breaks and which mod we are talking about. In this particular instance, it probably would not cause a total failure and you could get away with an external charger, but no guarantees. If the USB connector is mounted to the board, then it is much more likely to result in total failure.

daman909123

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I may be late in posting but i highly recommend the dripbox 160. I use it and i have used the wimsec dna200 and its not anywhere near as inacurate as someone said here. His friend must have got a bad one. Its actually pretty accurate. The tip it comes with is lightyears ahead of the original dripbox and i still use it sometimes but i prefer the twisted messes rda or the velocity depending on the build but the velocity u can squonk on so i would get that first. And get extra batteries and a external charger anyway so your not always plugged in. So much better to swap batteries than plugging it in all the time. If you get the 160 get 2 sets of batteries i use the hg2 in mine and they work great. Chain vaping at 75 watts 2 sets last all day. I use a 2 bay charger just keep one set charging one set in the mod. I never run out. I use all sorts of atomizers and this mod works for them all. If u want to drip and drive this is the best mod in my opinion. That said i want a wimsec dna200 but i want to program the chip and play in that sense i will always keep my 160 for driving though and currently i use it exclusively. It is an amazing investment and u can get it for under 50 so for 100 u can get the mod the velocity two sets of battery's and a charger. If u need links to get all that for 100 let me know. But if your thinking about it its well worth the money. I go to the vaoe shop every day i have tried many mods as all the guys there have like 20 and i try them all and this is well worth the money.

Sent from my LGLS770 using Tapatalk

VU Sponsors