Become a Patron!

Kangertech Genitank not working

I have always used kangetech tanks and have been vaping for 2 years. I bought a genitank about 2 months ago.. i love it. However, for 3 weeks now, i go through the dual coils (1.5 and 1.8) in about 2 days tops versus almost 2 weeks. I by all my coils from the same store. I use the same Apollo grape 24mg and Apollo cherry 24mg eliquid, both very clear, for my entire time of vaping. I do vape on the highest level, but ive always gotten close to 1 week use out of them. The other peculiar thing is, sometimes i can take the coils out and blow on it, and it might start working again. What i normally do is buy at least 2 coils, and switch them out when one stops working. By the time the second stops working, the first works again (most times). I feel like a mad woman switching them out several times a day when i never have had to do this. Ive cleaned the tank, tried the tank on different batteries, no luck. Ive tried to pull the contacts up a little to make sure the tank is connecting to the battery, no luck. I just bought 2 coils yesterday and already, both are dead. I really think its the tank... is this possible? How can i verify that my product is not a fake? Thank you for your help

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
It's not the tank. Give the tank and base a good rinse in hot water and let dry. You might be getting some coils from a bad production run, or (gasp) knock off coils. I would suggest getting a couple boxes from Vaporbeast In 1.5 Ohm: http://www.vaporbeast.com/kanger-premium-bottom-dual-coil-replacement-heads-5-pack.html

Buying coils individually is kind of a rip-off at B&M's.

When you put the coils in, put them in fairly tight (finger tight).

you can also rinse them out with hot water or soak them overnight in a shotglass of vodka, then rinse and let dry.

VU Sponsors