Become a Patron!

Kangertech SubTank Mini RBA build EXPOSED!!!!

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Coil is the supplied .5ohm coil which is actually of good quality.
n3oe9J5.png

CXAmKQJ.png

Wick installed and trimmed correctly. Just like a Kayfun build, you want the wick snug, but NOT tight.
T4oekf7.png

Primed and tucked. Again, like Kayfun and Orchid builds....the wick should NEVER be IN the juice channels...EVER.
hqErIDF.png

Sleeve installed.
BO0duC1.png

Top cap of the sleeve. This is where the tank's chimney mates up.
Mw91y55.png

DONE!

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
5 wraps of 24 gauge?

I have the Sub Tank coming. I WILL order the mini when Fast tech gets clones in.

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Feels more like 26g

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
My 24 gauge comes out to .1 ohms per wrap on a 2.5 mm jig. Not saying you are wrong, just pointing out what mine comes out to.

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
My 24 gauge comes out to .1 ohms per wrap on a 2.5 mm jig. Not saying you are wrong, just pointing out what mine comes out to.
I am just eyeballing it. After a couple more tankfuls I am planning on doing a coil build. I'm just impressed that they did a spot on perfect .5 without mucking it up!

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
In terms you can understand Franciscan my friend.

"Get thee behind me Satan".

Do not tempt me or my credit card with a Subtank Mini!

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I don't have a RTA BIG enough to be a once filled a day, tank. I fill the Billow twice a day (almost dry each time) and drip after I get home, all evening.

No problem for me, emptying a tank.

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
The Mini has the same juice consumption rate as the Orchid. Despite being single coil with minuscule juice channels.

anendeloflorien

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
GRrrrrr. I'm impatiently awaiting my mini right now. I'm already trying to figure out how to convince the wife to let me buy another one :D

Dr3d

Yes. What was the question?
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Damn ... pass the crow. I gotta join this party 'cause my Mini landed today. It beats the ever loving crap outta the big bro Subtank. I'm happier than a pig in slop that I can use the mini on my beloved Kato.

Guess I gotta wick the RBA to see what it's all about.

InMyImage

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Thanks @franciscan but I was hoping for a pic of the vaporization chamber side by side with the one from your Orchid. The pic does give me a pretty good idea though. Looks like it is about the same size as one from Kayfun vs the Orchid which is wider.

Not that that is a bad thing. Was just wanting to make sure it was large enough to get some good vapor production in the chamber.

Thanks again.

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Thanks @franciscan but I was hoping for a pic of the vaporization chamber side by side with the one from your Orchid. The pic does give me a pretty good idea though. Looks like it is about the same size as one from Kayfun vs the Orchid which is wider.

Not that that is a bad thing. Was just wanting to make sure it was large enough to get some good vapor production in the chamber.

Thanks again.
If I were to venture a guess...I would say that the chamber is about 1.5 to 2mm smaller in diametre than the Orchid

TheWestPole

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The Mini has the same juice consumption rate as the Orchid. Despite being single coil with minuscule juice channels.

Yet another point of totally surprising outperformance from this atty, it would appear. I remember your comments about Lemo a while back. You put Lemo behind Orchid, which one might expect considering single vs. dual coil, etc. But, if I get your ranking right, you now have Subtank Mini edging out Orchid and Lemo. I generally trust what you have to say about vape quality because you compare a lot of this hardware personally. I just can't figure out what it is about the Subtank Mini design that makes it outperform the Lemo, a dedicated RBA with comparable design features inside the chamber. What about the design do you attribute the outperformance. :confused:

Jah

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I think i might try and file out the channels just a bit. Im running 70-80 vg juice, and at 1 ohm/20 watts im getting a dry hit here and there, not totally dry, just a dry warning hit. I really like the tank, maybe im just out of practice with KF builds

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Yet another point of totally surprising outperformance from this atty, it would appear. I remember your comments about Lemo a while back. You put Lemo behind Orchid, which one might expect considering single vs. dual coil, etc. But, if I get your ranking right, you now have Subtank Mini edging out Orchid and Lemo. I generally trust what you have to say about vape quality because you compare a lot of this hardware personally. I just can't figure out what it is about the Subtank Mini design that makes it outperform the Lemo, a dedicated RBA with comparable design features inside the chamber. What about the design do you attribute the outperformance. :confused:
I'll tell you this....

I just got a full size sub tank, and with OCC coils installed, it is very disappointing. VERY.

I'll try to get the RBA on it this weekend and tell you what I think, if you are interested. My Billow kicks the ass off the sub tank at this point.

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
What puts this above the rest of the RTAs is that like the SquapeR, you can remove the tank and mess with your build without dumping any juice....and with the options of the prebuilt heads, you can change builds on the fly. For example, if you are enjoying your ADV with the RBA head, in a matter of seconds, you can fill the tank with something else, and switch to a prebuilt head and be vaping a totally different juice. For those that choose, you can rebuild the prebuilts to whatever resistance you choose. So in essence, with one kit, you can have the ability to use three different builds that can be swapped out instantly. I also have it on very good authority that there will be different coloured o-rings for those that do not fancy red. I just see this as being similar to the Orchid in that customisation options will be available.

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
I think i might try and file out the channels just a bit. Im running 70-80 vg juice, and at 1 ohm/20 watts im getting a dry hit here and there, not totally dry, just a dry warning hit. I really like the tank, maybe im just out of practice with KF builds
I have found with my Mini that you really have to be precise with the amount of wick that you use in the coil. It needs to just make contact with the inside diametre of the coil. Any more than that and it WILL dry hit. I would go as far as saying that you need to use slightly less than you would in the Orchid on a "Perfect" build. I attribute this solely to the rather minuscule juice channels. Get the wicking right, and it will gladly handle all of the airflow settings, and power, up to a mech with a fresh 30amp battery.

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
I'll tell you this....

I just got a full size sub tank, and with OCC coils installed, it is very disappointing. VERY.

I'll try to get the RBA on it this weekend and tell you what I think, if you are interested. My Billow kicks the ass off the sub tank at this point.
I have yet to use the prebuilts. At this point, I really do not see the point unless I am lazy and want to do a "quick switch".

Reactions: Jah

TheWestPole

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
What puts this above the rest of the RTAs is that like the SquapeR, you can remove the tank and mess with your build without dumping any juice....and with the options of the prebuilt heads, you can change builds on the fly. For example, if you are enjoying your ADV with the RBA head, in a matter of seconds, you can fill the tank with something else, and switch to a prebuilt head and be vaping a totally different juice. For those that choose, you can rebuild the prebuilts to whatever resistance you choose. So in essence, with one kit, you can have the ability to use three different builds that can be swapped out instantly. I also have it on very good authority that there will be different coloured o-rings for those that do not fancy red. I just see this as being similar to the Orchid in that customisation options will be available.

Thanks. These advantages are totally clear to me and are considerable. I still don't get how the design makes for a better quality vape than the Lemo. Gonna get one though and see for me own self. :)

muth

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I'll tell you this....

Hi, freemind! There have been substantial improvements on the 22mm mini over the 25mm big boy:D

Last edited:

muth

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I think I remember asking @franciscan what blend he was using in his mini and he said 80%VG. Don't quote me on this. He didn't seem to notice any concerns about 'dry warning hits'.

muth

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I have found with my Mini that you really have to be precise with the amount of wick that you use in the coil. It needs to just make contact with the inside diametre of the coil. Any more than that and it WILL dry hit. I would go as far as saying that you need to use slightly less than you would in the Orchid on a "Perfect" build. I attribute this solely to the rather minuscule juice channels. Get the wicking right, and it will gladly handle all of the airflow settings, and power, up to a mech with a fresh 30amp battery.
I've got it on my SMPL with a freshly charged VTC4. The coil that came installed read .7 on my Cloupor dna30 and .433 on my ohm reader. But that could be the Cloupor, unless I need a new batt in my ohm reader. I think I remember you saying that the installed coil was spot on. Either way, I took it to work with me and thoroughly enjoyed it. If I had this 3 mths ago I would have saved a lot of money. Might get another.

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Thanks. These advantages are totally clear to me and are considerable. I still don't get how the design makes for a better quality vape than the Lemo. Gonna get one though and see for me own self. :)
The vape is not better than the Lemo, Orchid, Kayfun. Not unlike the fact that a Ferrari FF will not do a better job of getting you to the grocery store than a Smart Car.

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
I think I remember asking @franciscan what blend he was using in his mini and he said 80%VG. Don't quote me on this. He didn't seem to notice any concerns about 'dry warning hits'.
The only dry warning hits I've had were the build telling me that I've over wicked. But in all fairness, that may not have been the case had I been vaping, say....a 50/50 ratio. The progression with overwicking goes from muted flavour to faint dry hits to OMGHACK!.

muth

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
The only dry warning hits I've had were the build telling me that I've over wicked. But in all fairness, that may not have been the case had I been vaping, say....a 50/50 ratio. The progression with overwicking goes from muted flavour to faint dry hits to OMGHACK!.
Ha ha, I'll enter that progression in my vapenotes:D

TheWestPole

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The vape is not better than the Lemo, Orchid, Kayfun. Not unlike the fact that a Ferrari FF will not do a better job of getting you to the grocery store than a Smart Car.

Huh? So the vape quality, which for me and I think for you is a combination of airiness and flavor, is in your opinion no improvement on those three. The convenience and versatility of the design is what makes the Subtank Mini a standout. Do I understand you?

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Huh? So the vape quality, which for me and I think for you is a combination of airiness and flavor, is in your opinion no improvement on those three. The convenience and versatility of the design is what makes the Subtank Mini a standout. Do I understand you?
It is much arier(sp) due to adjustment flexibility, but I would hesitate to equate that to "better". I think it would be better to call it a tank that will appeal to every type of vaper.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

TheWestPole

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It is much arier(sp) due to adjustment flexibility, but I would hesitate to equate that to "better". I think it would be better to call it a tank that will appeal to every type of vaper.

That is saying a lot! Staying on my wish list then. :)

muth

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Hi Jah:)If you like 'gigunda' channels you might want to take a look at that UD Goblin.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=le2Fb0RXAMQ

muth

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I just came across this vid if you don't mind watching Rip. A helpful little tip on heavy juice in RTAs.

M5amhan

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
that build deck on the subtank mini just reminds me so much of the lemo because of that center post hole, looks so good. i can see how it would easily keep up with the vape quality of the lemo with the added benefits of getting to the coil mid tank and easier filling

TheWestPole

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
that build deck on the subtank mini just reminds me so much of the lemo because of that center post hole, looks so good. i can see how it would easily keep up with the vape quality of the lemo with the added benefits of getting to the coil mid tank and easier filling

I just spent a couple of weeks traveling. Didn't want to bring RBA supplies, so I reverted to my Aerotanks and extra coils. It wasn't that bad, but I would sure like a better travel atty. Not sure if the Subtank Mini would become my favored everyday atty, but feel certain that the Mini or Nano would be a huge leap forward as a travel atty. If only for that reason alone, I will definitely be taking the Subtank challenge. :)

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
I found out tonight that a fully mechanical box mod with dual fresh 30amp batteries is too much for the Mini RBA deck with the stock .5phm coil. Just cant keep up.

muth

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I found out tonight that a fully mechanical box mod with dual fresh 30amp batteries is too much for the Mini RBA deck with the stock .5phm coil. Just cant keep up.
What happened, because I almost put mine on my Dimitri tonight?

VU Sponsors