Become a Patron!

Kangertech SubTank Mini RBA build EXPOSED!!!!

muth

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I just spent a couple of weeks traveling. Didn't want to bring RBA supplies, so I reverted to my Aerotanks and extra coils. It wasn't that bad, but I would sure like a better travel atty. Not sure if the Subtank Mini would become my favored everyday atty, but feel certain that the Mini or Nano would be a huge leap forward as a travel atty. If only for that reason alone, I will definitely be taking the Subtank challenge. :)
I took my KSM to work and I thoroughly enjoyed it. So easy to refill.

M5amhan

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Oh i have defo been keeping my eye on the goblin. A friend bought one, I think I am going over to his house tonight to try it out.
ive heard from many cloud chasers it holds the new standard for cloud chasing tanks bar none. probably just because of the massive airflow and juice channels

muth

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
ive heard from many cloud chasers it holds the new standard for cloud chasing tanks bar none. probably just because of the massive airflow and juice channels
And not surprisingly, It is quite a tasty vape. Heck, why not, it's like vaping an RDA.

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
I was not given a release date or supplier....but I do know that they are coming.

First post for me here, seems like a great place to share and learn. I just picked my K Mini about a few weeks ago and Im really impressed with it. Mainly I'm an RDA guy but dripping and driving sucks :p Started out with her on a .5ohm OCC and just recently I switched her over to a 26g Nickel Wire setup on the RBA. Got it running at .15 Ohms set to 450F Temp Control at about 25 Watts and the flavour is fantastic and good cloud too. Not a single dry hit ever and I couldn't be happier with this new setup.

Panther1911

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
First post for me here, seems like a great place to share and learn. I just picked my K Mini about a few weeks ago and Im really impressed with it. Mainly I'm an RDA guy but dripping and driving sucks :p Started out with her on a .5ohm OCC and just recently I switched her over to a 26g Nickel Wire setup on the RBA. Got it running at .15 Ohms set to 450F Temp Control at about 25 Watts and the flavour is fantastic and good cloud too. Not a single dry hit ever and I couldn't be happier with this new setup.

Which to you like better the 0.5ohm OCC factory coil or the nickel build?

Panther1911

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
what are the build specs on your coil?

Panther1911

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Thanks for sharing!

a dna40 device is on my list of things to get soon

Me? That was a while ago but yeah next time I wind one up I'll post a pic up.
No no, to OP, and it wasn't even 3 months ago. I don't understand why people just don't use Flickr for image hosting, there is almost no compression (at least not a noticeable amount) and the images stay up forever.

Coil is the supplied .5ohm coil which is actually of good quality.
n3oe9J5.png

CXAmKQJ.png

Wick installed and trimmed correctly. Just like a Kayfun build, you want the wick snug, but NOT tight.
T4oekf7.png

Primed and tucked. Again, like Kayfun and Orchid builds....the wick should NEVER be IN the juice channels...EVER.
hqErIDF.png

Sleeve installed.
BO0duC1.png

Top cap of the sleeve. This is where the tank's chimney mates up.
Mw91y55.png

DONE!
I have both the 22mm and the plus. What I have found out is that the rba deck's fluid channels are quite small. Being small it vapes real harsh, When using nickel for temperature control system (EVOV or the Chinese), I could hear it breathing or pumping. The wattage varies quite a bit. It even goes as low as 6 watts. This indicates that the wick is running too dry. I enlarged the channels larger in several steps by trial and error until I stabilized the wattage fluctuations. I ended up with 2.5mm radius on both sides of the deck. I use 30/70 thick juice. Note: This process took me almost 7 days to complete.

TheWestPole

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have both the 22mm and the plus. What I have found out is that the rba deck's fluid channels are quite small. Being small it vapes real harsh, When using nickel for temperature control system (EVOV or the Chinese), I could hear it breathing or pumping. The wattage varies quite a bit. It even goes as low as 6 watts. This indicates that the wick is running too dry. I enlarged the channels larger in several steps by trial and error until I stabilized the wattage fluctuations. I ended up with 2.5mm radius on both sides of the deck. I use 30/70 thick juice. Note: This process took me almost 7 days to complete.

Cool, thanks. You mean 2.5mm wide, right? 2.5mm radius would be 5mm wide and 2.5 deep. Just trying to clarify.

28g nickel wire 8 wraps Japanese cotton
First ever attempt too my surprise segeili shows .1 ohms. Great taste nice cloud at 35 watts. Also moded Mini rba added wicking holes

MrJojo

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I found out tonight that a fully mechanical box mod with dual fresh 30amp batteries is too much for the Mini RBA deck with the stock .5phm coil. Just cant keep up.
If you look up on YouTube there is a trick for the RBA no more dry hits

MrJojo

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I rebuild my used OCC both for TC & Watt all is done on 3mm since it works the best IMO. For the watt I use 26 gauge A1 Kanthal 6/7 wraps which puts me at about .7/.8 ohm. As for the TC also I use 26 gauge Ni200 which puts me at .08/.1 ohm on the IPV4. Hope it helps someone.
Also I'll try to put explanation for how to wick the OCC looking and working like the original.

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
If you look up on YouTube there is a trick for the RBA no more dry hits
I ended up binning the Subtanks and the rba decks. Much happier with my Origennys and Rockets....on and my In'Ax MkIIr

MrJojo

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I ended up binning the Subtanks and the rba decks. Much happier with my Origennys and Rockets....on and my In'Ax MkIIr
That's kool and your choice I'm very happy with the Kanger tanks, theOCC and RBA as well. But keep on vaping n good luck I forgot I mostly use 70-74% VG juice

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Oh I like the OCC verts...use them in my Billet Boxes

VU Sponsors