Become a Patron!

Kangertech suntank mini

Brandontf8o8

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Quick question. Changed flavors in my tank and went to change pit the wick .... couldn't figure it out bahaa gotta go to the smoke shop when I get a chance.

I swapped the rebuildable rda with one of the pre packaged disposable coils. 1.2 ohm. Don't hit for nothing. There's the sub ohm coil that comes with it but my batteries are old efest ones I need to replace. In fact waiting on the order to come in atm.

Question is is it safe to use the subohm coil they provided? Or should I wait for new batteries to avoid the batteries blowing. Let me know.thabks

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Quick question. Changed flavors in my tank and went to change pit the wick .... couldn't figure it out bahaa gotta go to the smoke shop when I get a chance.

I swapped the rebuildable rda with one of the pre packaged disposable coils. 1.2 ohm. Don't hit for nothing. There's the sub ohm coil that comes with it but my batteries are old efest ones I need to replace. In fact waiting on the order to come in atm.

Question is is it safe to use the subohm coil they provided? Or should I wait for new batteries to avoid the batteries blowing. Let me know.thabks

Find battery and coil specs. Make sure current draw is less than max continuous discharge of the battery. Look up Ohm's Law to find this out.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
What efest battery? What device? Need these answers to help you out.

fat fingered flubs courtesy dumb mobile phone

Brandontf8o8

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
The mods just a mech mod. Basic copper tube copper contacts not sure what brand. Was a hand me down from a friend to get me off cigs (cheers to him) here's a pic of the batteries

Brandontf8o8

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Oops need to attach photo haha
ed10294e7e0a39e49240bcbe9e41b892.jpg

And just realized it's not an efest I feel as if I've been lied to my whole life lol

Brandontf8o8

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Find battery and coil specs. Make sure current draw is less than max continuous discharge of the battery. Look up Ohm's Law to find this out.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Ok so battery specs:
3.7v
2500mah
40a drain.

Coil specs:
.5ohm
15-30w

Looked up ohms law ... and let's just say I'm not that brilliant ... lol anyway is this safe to use?

also I just ordered a sigelei 150w with a few pairs of Samsung 25r barteries.

Can I use this tank and coil on this box? Sorry been vaping for almost a year now but just starting to get into the deeper stuff.

Let me know. Thanks!

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hmmm...the battery's fully charged? You should be getting in the range of 15 watts out of the 1.2 ohm coil on a mech, not ideal but still workable and near the lower range of usable. The 0.5 ohm coil on a fresh battery should give you about 35 watts, which is a little higher than Subtanks like to go. They're really not the ideal thing to pair with a mech mod, as they like constant power delivery - the 0.5 risks scorching your wick fresh, but then it'll drop to usable after that.

I'm assuming you're already aware that Imren battery is decidedly not rated for 40 amps and you're going to junk those when your new ones (hopefully LG, Samsung, or Sony) come in.

If you have the old horizontal OCC coils and you poke a couple holes in the wicking at the liquid ports, you should be able to use the 0.5 coil after considering voltage drop, but again it won't be ideal.

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Oh, and here's an easy ohm's law calculator...

http://www.ohmslawcalculator.com/ohms-law-calculator

Edit to avoid postwhoring with three responses in a row: you'll do great with that Sig 150 and Sammy 25r's - that's what my wife uses her Subtank Mini on, between 25-30 watts with the wick-poking trick to get it to wick high-VG liquids. Battery life for days.

Make sure to "marry" your battery pairs and swap their position in the box, changing them out around 50% charge for optimal battery life. Mine are labeled 1, 2, 3, and 4 - batteries 1 and 2 only go into the box together, same with 3 and 4. They rotate because one side of the sled tends to work the batteries harder than the other, so when looking at them in the box with the cover off, my battery changes look like: 1/2, 3/4, 2/1, 4/3, 1/2...make sense?

Brandontf8o8

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Yea these batteries are gonna be tossed once the Samsung come in.

Do u guys have a link to some info on all of this stuff?

Ohm's and current and drain etc. Just getting Goin on the vaping scene and don't wanna end up as one of those safety warnings that pop up on FB every once in a while

Brandontf8o8

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Ah I did miss that edit. Thanks for the repost haha

Brandontf8o8

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Haha not that masochistic but I like my good features to stay where they are lol

Brandontf8o8

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Thanks for the link I'll read up a bit more and post if any questions come up

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I really believe it's worth your time to learn, which is why it was worth my time putting everything together. Hope it helps, let me know if you have any more questions!

VU Sponsors