Become a Patron!

Kangertech topbox mini set up questions

JanIB

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
New to vape, had a A10 Joytech. was good to start used Nicotine Menthol as I was a Salem smoker. Started getting too harsh even with new coils.. Went to store and bought the Kangertech.. with a nice fruity flavor. The guy set it up for me, but was too busy eyeing up the 20 something gal in the store to explain to an old gal like me lol. He used the coil that came in the glass top, not sure which one that was, there are 3 in the box also, one says clapton, one says RDA and other says nothing, so I think the Nickel is in the cartridge now. confused on the wattage things, research says don't use the nickel on wattage setting, i can run through the temp settings and coil types by pressing the start button 3 times, find nickel I put it on 200 degrees, but it always goes back to the wattage reading. which is 39. The guy at the store set it up, but I am out of town and ready to have a cig here since I don't feel comfy with this unit yet. Other wise I can try clean out the menthol from the Joytech Pen and replace coild. I have no clue, what I am doing with the Kanger the unit seems to crackle and pop quite a bit.

Thanks All

gingerbread

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Go back to what you know for now, that should put you at ease. In the meantime you can go on youtube, there will be plenty of reviews on how to use your Kanger. Correct about nickel coil, temp control for that only. You don't state which Kanger you have?

BKTOAD

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Don't take my word for it, but I think the nickel heads have a blue band or o-ring by the threads. What is your resistance with the head you have in? I think their nickel heads are like 0.15ohm.

When you run the topbox in TC, the screen still shows the wattage on the side of the screen, with the temp in bigger numbers. Is this what is happening? Or is it totally kicking you out of TC mode and back to VW mode? If it is kicking you out, sounds like a problem with the mod.

It is my understanding that if you have fired the nickel coil in VW, it is no longer safe to vape. Try one of the other coils that came with it.

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
In general, you can use Nickel (Ni200), Titanium (Ti), and Stainless Steel (SS) in TC mode. In power/wattage mode, you can use SS, Kanthal, and NiCrome coils.
When in TC mode (simplified), the wattage is used to adjust the ramp up time. The higher the wattage, the quicker the coil heats up. The temperature obviously, is what the upper limit of the coil's temperature should be. Some devices regulate better than others.
Read the manual and familiarize yourself with the various settings and displays by playing around with it.
I'm unsure what to say about the 39W display, besides the device being set to 39W (in whatever mode). Refer to the manual, what display you should see when in TC. If it is really kicking you out of TC into Power mode, other reasons, besides a defective board, could be a faulty Nickel coil, or the coil, currently in your tank, isn't made for TC mode.
The RBA part is for building your own single coils, without having to buy replacement coil heads all the time.
The crackling and popping could be caused by the settings being too low, or worse case the coil getting too much juice.

VU Sponsors