Become a Patron!

Kangetech Cupti negative button stuck

My Cuptis negative button seems to be always pressed for some reason. The button on top presses in and out just fine. But when I turn it on the wattage automatically starts dropping down to 7 like Im holding down the negative button. So since it seems to be always pressed, none of the other buttons work either. Any ideas how to fix this?

Hi
The problem is a tiny bit of juice has got down beside button reacting with contacts and shorting.
I have just fixed mine from 75w screen (+ve button short) and have already done the 7 watt screen (-ve button short)
button has to be opened up to fix,
tools needed are -
good eye sight plus magnifiying glass
small knife
tweezers
screwdriver with right bit to remove top
now
battery out
remove top (undo 4 screws) and take out atomizer and gently prize top off and lay over to side
remove circuit board by holding back tabs and lifting up
turn circuit board over and gently pry small black holding tab in direction of ribbon about 2mm and slide out ribbon
now circuit board is removed
use magnifying glass to closely look how button holding case is fitted (silver peice), it is held on two sides only which is where it is gently pryed on one of these sides.
once off ,then remember how it goes back together and inspect and clean with cotton bud and your favourite cleaning solution, (orange power i used)
doesn't need much, one of mine was floating in juice and other was dry and just needed a wipe.
when assembling
gently place all the button parts back in place except silver cover
on the silver cover straight out the two small tangs and then put it back on top of button
once happy that it is aligned, hold the circuit board and button between your fingers to keep in place and carefully use a knife to push bottom of tabs under (ever so slightly) on both sides
don't worry if it has not grabbed well, once it goes back together , external case will keep it sweet
assemble back in reverse and will be good to go
EXTRA POINTERS
can be tested carefully once ribbon put back in before putting top back on
make sure buttons are set in to top properly
SEALING AROUND BUTTONS with something like liquid electrical tape could help stop juice from entering down side of switch, (I am going to try) and could be a good preventative measure for cupti owners
ANYWAYS
BEST OF LUCK if your game, hope it may help some one
cheers kirk

VU Sponsors