Become a Patron!

Kangside KSD Vamo Box 25W VW Mod

KKen

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Personally, I’m not a fan of regulated devices, the ergonomics and general aesthetics doesn’t really do it for me, not to mention I don’t care for the extra bells and whistles that I wouldn’t use. However, one aspect of a regulated device that I do like is the USB charging capability for when I’m travelling.

So for a recent trip I had, I starting looking around for something with USB charging, small and cheap, and I ran into this, the Kangside KSD Vamo Box 25W VW Mod.

1pfcdl.jpg

There are 2 versions, one with a built in battery pack, and the one here, which allows you to replace the 18350 batteries. Since I already have over a dozen 18350 batteries, I just opted for the replaceable version.

Here are the generic specs:

Output Wattage: 7 - 25W

Output voltage: 2.0 - 8.5V

Battery: Single 18350 battery

Height: 56mm

Width: 24mm

Length: 42mm

Material: Aluminum alloy

1z15gxu.jpg

2i11gci.jpg

This is a really tiny device, probably the smallest regulated one in its class at moment, so as expected; battery life is going to be very short.

33tmpsn.jpg

ejj0vn.jpg

The device will stop firing once your amp draw is beyond what your battery can provide. If you are running at or below .8 ohms at 20+ watts, shortly after the battery indicator reaches the 2nd bar, you will start noticing the device starts to cut off intermittently during use. Above 1ohm, you will notice this a little while after the battery level indicator hits the 3rd bar.

ohr2j4.jpg

Unfortunately, there is no pass-through vaping capability. When plugged in, you will not be able to vape the device.

ngeyxx.jpg

How do I like it? For under $20 shipped, it’s practically a disposable, but I haven’t had any problems at all. I was actually expecting this to break after a short while, but this is still working great and I’ve already taken this with me on several trips now, not to mention my wife uses this mod daily when I’m not traveling.

Fire button has a nice tactile click, as does the power up/down buttons as well. You can lock the device by holding the power up/down simultaneously, but I find it easier to just shut the device off with 5 clicks when not in use.

Device will accommodate up to 22mm, spring loaded 510 is nice and smooth and all my atomizers sit flush.

I tend to use my 20mm MCR303 tank the most with this device since it doesn’t leak like most genisis tanks. I keep the resistance around 1.2-1.4 ohms @ 10-12 watts, so I don’t really have any complaints with battery life.

j7sp5t.jpg

All in all a good buy if you are looking for something small, cheap, convenient and travel friendly. Device will handle sub ohm resistances up to the limits your battery can provide, but expect frequent battery changes or charging downtimes if you are pushing the max power output.

For RTA users at 1-1.5ohms, device should last you a good part of the day depending on usage of course.

Edit: I forgot to mention where I purchased from:
http://www.gearbest.com/vv-vw-mods/pp_227517.html

Strange thing I noticed, or maybe I wasn't paying attention, but I was under the assumption that Gearbest is a China company. However, my parcel shipped out from the Netherlands. (??)

Took 6 days to arrive to Hawaii w/ free shipping, so not bad at all considering that I've waited much longer for some domestic items in the past.

Last edited:

Markw4mms

#Team Jimi Supporter
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I saw a post about this mod last week. My G/F liked to looks and size of it so much she had me order her one. Gonna be a while before she gets to try it out since it's shipping from China. I did order a pair of batteries for it, but given what you say about battery life, I might need to order at least another pair.

KKen

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Depends what you are going to run on it though, for me, I just alternate between 2 batteries. If I need a quick re-charge, I can just plug in the USB, device charges fairly quickly.

imaddicted2u

Member For 4 Years
Had this mod since January 4, 2016. Went to use it this morning, it was just sitting on a table, not plugged in to a USB charger. Battery was half full when I went to sleep. When I pressed the fire button the screen shows "Please Unplug the Charger!" When I put in a freshly charged battery the screen displays "Hello". Displays the status screen, then "Charging", then "Fully Charged". Then every time I press the fire button the screen shows "Please Unplug the Charger!" This mod is a month old and it broke already.
33bfv55.jpg

Sorry this video is blurry but it gives an idea what happens when a new battery is inserted.

Markw4mms

#Team Jimi Supporter
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Had this mod since January 4, 2016. Went to use it this morning, it was just sitting on a table, not plugged in to a USB charger. Battery was half full when I went to sleep. When I pressed the fire button the screen shows "Please Unplug the Charger!" When I put in a freshly charged battery the screen displays "Hello". Displays the status screen, then "Charging", then "Fully Charged". Then every time I press the fire button the screen shows "Please Unplug the Charger!" This mod is a month old and it broke already.
33bfv55.jpg

Sorry this video is blurry but it gives an idea what happens when a new battery is inserted.
Sorry to hear you're having a problem with yours .

imaddicted2u

Member For 4 Years
I took a dead battery out of one of my 3 other KSD Vamo Box 25W VW Mods and put it in the broken one. I was hoping it would reset something when it saw a battery in need of charging but it didn't. It still displayed the same message. I left the dead battery on charge through the USB port on the broken mod and after a few hours I put that battery in one of the working mods and it was fully charged so the broken mod still charges fine. I'm waiting for Gearbest to respond about warranty but in the past I didn't have much success with their customer service.

BadLuckAndTrouble

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Personally, I’m not a fan of regulated devices, the ergonomics and general aesthetics doesn’t really do it for me, not to mention I don’t care for the extra bells and whistles that I wouldn’t use. However, one aspect of a regulated device that I do like is the USB charging capability for when I’m travelling.

So for a recent trip I had, I starting looking around for something with USB charging, small and cheap, and I ran into this, the Kangside KSD Vamo Box 25W VW Mod.

1pfcdl.jpg

There are 2 versions, one with a built in battery pack, and the one here, which allows you to replace the 18350 batteries. Since I already have over a dozen 18350 batteries, I just opted for the replaceable version.

Here are the generic specs:

Output Wattage: 7 - 25W

Output voltage: 2.0 - 8.5V

Battery: Single 18350 battery

Height: 56mm

Width: 24mm

Length: 42mm

Material: Aluminum alloy

1z15gxu.jpg

2i11gci.jpg

This is a really tiny device, probably the smallest regulated one in its class at moment, so as expected; battery life is going to be very short.

33tmpsn.jpg

ejj0vn.jpg

The device will stop firing once your amp draw is beyond what your battery can provide. If you are running at or below .8 ohms at 20+ watts, shortly after the battery indicator reaches the 2nd bar, you will start noticing the device starts to cut off intermittently during use. Above 1ohm, you will notice this a little while after the battery level indicator hits the 3rd bar.

ohr2j4.jpg

Unfortunately, there is no pass-through vaping capability. When plugged in, you will not be able to vape the device.

ngeyxx.jpg

How do I like it? For under $20 shipped, it’s practically a disposable, but I haven’t had any problems at all. I was actually expecting this to break after a short while, but this is still working great and I’ve already taken this with me on several trips now, not to mention my wife uses this mod daily when I’m not traveling.

Fire button has a nice tactile click, as does the power up/down buttons as well. You can lock the device by holding the power up/down simultaneously, but I find it easier to just shut the device off with 5 clicks when not in use.

Device will accommodate up to 22mm, spring loaded 510 is nice and smooth and all my atomizers sit flush.

I tend to use my 20mm MCR303 tank the most with this device since it doesn’t leak like most genisis tanks. I keep the resistance around 1.2-1.4 ohms @ 10-12 watts, so I don’t really have any complaints with battery life.

j7sp5t.jpg

All in all a good buy if you are looking for something small, cheap, convenient and travel friendly. Device will handle sub ohm resistances up to the limits your battery can provide, but expect frequent battery changes or charging downtimes if you are pushing the max power output.

For RTA users at 1-1.5ohms, device should last you a good part of the day depending on usage of course.

Edit: I forgot to mention where I purchased from:
http://www.gearbest.com/vv-vw-mods/pp_227517.html

Strange thing I noticed, or maybe I wasn't paying attention, but I was under the assumption that Gearbest is a China company. However, my parcel shipped out from the Netherlands. (??)

Took 6 days to arrive to Hawaii w/ free shipping, so not bad at all considering that I've waited much longer for some domestic items in the past.

@KKen would you mind showing off a little more of the internals of that Genesis?
I love the way it looks, and only being 20mm probably helps the flavor.

VU Sponsors