Become a Patron!

Kanthal coil + Temp control eVic VT Help ..

Hi , I'm new to The VAPING world ..

I been trying to Quit smoking marlboro -_- .

I don't want to harm people around me or myself.. I want to get more Healthy.

So I thought to Buy this Kit https://vaporhq.com/joyetech-evic-vt-60w-tc-starter-kit#product_tabs_description_tabbed

the eGo one Mega (black with red lines) mod ..

my Question is about the coils . I DONT want to use "Ni200 / Nickel coils" AT ALL..
I want to avoid it completly

and I want to choose to go with Kanthal coils .. But I have No Idea how A Kanthal coil Works on my Mod^.

a friend told me , that I need an atomizer "rba" <== I don't even know which Atomizer works for a Kanthal coils

and my Vaping taste is About 60-40 PG Flavors more tha vaping , Sorry Heavy Vapers =/ that's just me..

so I would really appreciate a Help with details please.. Since I have to Order stuffs online and there is ZERO Vape shops Here in my country.. which sucks -_- they even banned it...

edit : ( I did a lot of researching when it comes to Ni200 ) and am just convinced it's not healthy for me at least and even to others .. but that's just My mind convinced..plz help me out with my Q

Last edited:

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Get kanthal coils for your ego one attomizer, no temp control.
Or get titanium coils for it, you can use temp control.

There are no issues with nickel under 600°F. Titanium under 1,000°F. Newer chips are able to temp control stainless steel coils, best option if you are leery about wires gassing out (at temps we dont see though).

But if you have to have kanthal, the option is available with that attomizer.

On a side note...
High VG juice is not just about clouds, its a smoother juice with less throat hit and generally leads to a sweeter vape.

I see . Thanks So much !! This really Helps A lot

I just have 2 more newbie Questions =/ (sorry to bother you).

Q1 : it's about Titanium coils for the eGo One Mega mod . which mode should I use it on ( most likely "Ti" ) Right ? but what about the Temp °F% I should use it on to be on the SAFE healthy Side while vaping on Titanium coils (With VG juices).

Q2 : I understood you about the Kanthal , But About the atomizers. ( I Really don't KNOW which atomizers that accepts / works / can install A Kanthal Coil AND works on the eGo one Mega mod ) . ?? =/ Like.. can you give me some "Atomizers Brands" , Atomizers with (kanthal coil) that can be installed/ work on the device eGo One Mega ? or the eVic-VT device

Thanks A lot in advance !!!
I really appreciate if you or someone Answers me with details . I will be so Glad !!

and if i'm not going to use Temp Control mode for a Kanthal coil , then what's the SAFE healthy wattage or power o.0? I should put my device on for a Kanthal coil ?

Thank's and I also hope this Helps Other newbie vaper's Like Me o_o !
as long it's healthy/safe , and makes cig smokers people to Quit that stinky cig smoking and Vape :D!

Help me

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
A temp control mod will not fire high enough to be unsafe with nickel or titanium. Even if it could you would be gagging form the volume and heat of the vapor and you would not take more than 1 puff assuming the wick wasn't incinerated.

Run the temp at whatever cool to warm temp you want your vape to be. It's all personal preference.

I am not familiar with the ego one mega but any rebuildable tank or dripper can accept any coil that you make out of whatever wre you choose.

There are many tanks that offer replaceable coil heads in a variety of wires and resistances. Like the atlantis or arctic subohm tank.
As long as your mod has a titanium option for temp control, you can get titanium replacement coils for a few of the subohm tanks, some offer stainless (ego 1 mega may not run stainless in temp control), nickel wire and kanthal wire in a few different resistances so choose one that is not lower resistance than what ego1 can handle and a wire that the ego 1 can run in temp control.

As far as what you can put on top of the mod, thats just about every attomizer made. They for the most part use an industry standard 510 connection.

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Do you have the ego now? Or you are trying to decide what kind of mod to get?

Do you have the ego now? Or you are trying to decide what kind of mod to get?

I'm sorry about the confuse . . I Ordered an eVic-VT (the black-with 2 red lines) one, and what I heared from youtube reviews , is that that mod Tank is..kinda bad.. also there is only Nickel/Titanium coils for the original Tank in that Mod kit . and I don't want these coils =/ .

what I want is A better "Kanthal coil atomizer" that Fits that eVic-VT Mod and that is Great for Flavors . I don't know which Kantha coil 'Tank' I should Buy for the eVic-VT . since the original eVic-VT Tank is .. not that great , from ALL the reviews I saw on youtube =/.

and I'm unexperianced with vaping "Tanks" , and hate to say this but there is almost Limited stuffs I can order online- because Vaping/Vaping shops is Banned in my country so far :( . !

and i'm very sorry for my Bad English but I hope you understand me and Help me more since I'm Newbie <3

Thank you so much for the recommendations . I Really Really Appreciate it.

what about the Aspire Triton Tank ? can I use Kanthal Coils on Triton Tank ?

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You can use the stainless triton coils in the triton or the atlantis kanthal coils in the triton. Stainless can be used without temp control or with it.

You can use triton coils in the atlantis also.

I will choose the Triton it looks so Good and it comes with
Aspire Triton Replacement Atomizer-0.3/0.4ohm 5pcs (316L)
and
Aspire Triton Replacement Atomizer-1.8ohm 5pcs (Kanthal)

with the eVic-VT !!!

and I hope it's the safest :) !

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
What country are you in? There are probably other places to order from.
Also other box mod that is like the one you are looking at but in my opinion better. Like this, not saying this is the place to order from, but just to link to the mod. Then you get the triton and some spare coils and you are set.
http://www.efun.top/joyetech-evic-vtc-mini-express-kit.html

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Maybe ordering from a china site would be cheaper & faster to ship?

OneBadWolf

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I think it is difficult to import ecigs into the UAE, so whatever seller he is able to get them from he should go with. The UAE frowns on Ecigs.

I would like to ask sirs if ni and ti are safe by using temp control,

and if there is available stainless steel coil for omega one atomizer, is it compatible with the atomizer coz ni and ti are the standard coil of omega one atom.

ayersbj

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I would like to ask sirs if ni and ti are safe by using temp control,

and if there is available stainless steel coil for omega one atomizer, is it compatible with the atomizer coz ni and ti are the standard coil of omega one atom.
as stated above the heat tolerances on both types of wire are way above what your mod can do so they would be safe to use. I use ni200 and ti and kanthal and ss. I really like the taste ss gives so I would lean to ss for me.

as stated above the heat tolerances on both types of wire are way above what your mod can do so they would be safe to use. I use ni200 and ti and kanthal and ss. I really like the taste ss gives so I would lean to ss for me.

Thank you sir for your response, so if i use ss i will not use the temp control coz therr are only 2 options to choose ni or ti

georgemeadal

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Joyetech CL 0.5 ohm or 1.0 ohm are Kanthal. - fits eGo One Mega Tank
Joyetech CLR coil 0.5 ohm or 1.0 ohm are Kanthal. - fits eGo One Mega Tank
OR they also have a (CLR)Titanium version. - fits eGo One Mega Tank.
Hope that helps

Moueix

Shenanigannery Jedi. Welcome New Refugee's!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thank you sir for your response, so if i use ss i will not use the temp control coz therr are only 2 options to choose ni or ti

Sorry for butting in, and being a lil confused. If you are talking about S.S. and an Evic VTC mini, Stainless IS supported for temp control. Might have to do a firmware upgrade if you aren't seeing it on your mod. Stainless steel coils under temp control, ARE my favorite way to vape (flavor AND safety) aside from straight up old skool dripping in a 306 or 510 atty.

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Sorry for butting in, and being a lil confused. If you are talking about S.S. and an Evic VTC mini, Stainless IS supported for temp control. Might have to do a firmware upgrade if you aren't seeing it on your mod. Stainless steel coils under temp control, ARE my favorite way to vape (flavor AND safety) aside from straight up old skool dripping in a 306 or 510 atty.
He's talking about the VT, not the VTC mini. There is no ss support and no upgrade for the VT! But you can use SS in power mode.

Moueix

Shenanigannery Jedi. Welcome New Refugee's!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
He's talking about the VT, not the VTC mini. There is no ss support and no upgrade for the VT! But you can use SS in power mode.

aha, thanks. I thought I was missing out on some vital piece of information, and sure enough I was

VU Sponsors