Kaos Erbus RTA, anyone seen this?

Mikhail Naumov

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
Yes I did. It's basically a 25mm VCMT, only it doesn't have horrific leaking issues and you seem to get more build space in the deck. Capacity is about the same, airflow is about the same, everything is about the same. It's just a better version of the 25mm VCMT.

Pancho_Brown

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I had leak issue the first time I built it. I took care of it by using a lot more cotton since the juice control I'd basically useless.
It's a nice rank over all and I like the capacity. I'm using it with a centurion 26650 mod.

Mikhail Naumov

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
To be honest I don't think there's anything about it that makes it worth a damn when compared to other 25mm RTA's. The Boreas and Supreme literally shit all over in terms of performance, airflow and flavor. The build deck is the same size as the Boreas, but it has less airflow than the Boreas. Holds slightly less juice than the Boreas, I don't remember what it's rated but mine holds 4.5-5mls tops.

Buy a Herakles RTA-1/RTA-2, Billow V3 Plus 25mm, Griffin 25mm, Boreas, AR Supreme, basically anything else. It doesn't have the largest build deck of 25mm RTA's, it doesn't have the largest capacity of 25mm RTA's, it doesn't have the most airflow of 25mm RTA's, it doesn't have the best flavor of 25mm RTA's, it doesn't produce the most cloudage of 25mm RTA's, there not one damned redeeming thing about it. It screams, at the top of its lungs ME TOO. It's a very me too-ish RTA.

Maybe that's a little harsh, but it's the truth. There's no reason to buy this, there's literally over 5 tanks with more features out that can do its job better, some of which are cheaper. It's literally just a 25mm VCMT without leaking and a tiny bit more build space.

Last edited:

Scratch88683

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
To be honest I don't think there's anything about it that makes it worth a damn when compared to other 25mm RTA's. The Boreas and Supreme literally shit all over in terms of performance, airflow and flavor. The build deck is the same size as the Boreas, but it has less airflow than the Boreas. Holds slightly less juice than the Boreas, I don't remember what it's rated but mine holds 4.5-5mls tops.

Buy a Herakles RTA-1/RTA-2, Billow V3 Plus 25mm, Griffin 25mm, Boreas, AR Supreme, basically anything else. It doesn't have the largest build deck of 25mm RTA's, it doesn't have the largest capacity of 25mm RTA's, it doesn't have the most airflow of 25mm RTA's, it doesn't have the best flavor of 25mm RTA's, it doesn't produce the most cloudage of 25mm RTA's, there not one damned redeeming thing about it. It screams, at the top of its lungs. ME FUCKING TOO GUYS, ME TOO!!!! BUY ME! ME TOO WE HAVE AN RTA US TOO US TOO.

Maybe that's a little harsh, but it's the truth. There's no reason to buy this, there's literally over 5 tanks with more features out that can do its job better, some of which are cheaper. It's literally just a 25mm VCMT without leaking and a tiny bit more build space.
Those Herakles rta-2's look pretty nice I kinda want one but I don't think it will be any better than the boreas...

Mikhail Naumov

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
Reviewers on Youtube say everything that comes out is their new favorite because it encourages companies to send them higher quantities of products. MikeVapes, VapnFagan and Vaping Heathen all do this, they say every new RDA or RTA is their new favorite, they love it, then they offer them in giveaways. If you love it so much why are you giving them away like pennies? Because giveaways = more subscribers and views. When you offer a giveaway, everyone who saw the previous video and entered the giveaway is basically guaranteed to watch future videos to see if they won. Raving BS reviews = more endorsement from a company, more endorsement means more free shit in higher quantity, which = more giveaways which = more subscribers which = more video views which = more money for them. Making Youtube videos on a regular basis is a business, it's a job, even if they're review videos. No reviewer is to be 100% trusted if they have over 5,000 subscribers in my opinion. As much as we all like to think Twisted, Grimm and the gang review shit out of the kindness of their hearts alone, it simply isn't true. Youtube makes them money, reviews get them piles of free shit which leads to them not having to pay for anything they use vaping, they get new shit before everyone else, their status in the community is elevated which gets them free tickets to panels at conventions.. it's a business.

Scratch88683

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reviewers on Youtube say everything that comes out is their new favorite because it encourages companies to send them higher quantities of products. MikeVapes, VapnFagan and Vaping Heathen all do this, they say every new RDA or RTA is their new favorite, they love it, then they offer them in giveaways. If you love it so much why are you giving them away like pennies? Because giveaways = more subscribers and views. When you offer a giveaway, everyone who saw the previous video and entered the giveaway is basically guaranteed to watch future videos to see if they won. Raving BS reviews = more endorsement from a company, more endorsement means more free shit in higher quantity, which = more giveaways which = more subscribers which = more video views which = more money for them. Making Youtube videos on a regular basis is a business, it's a job, even if they're review videos. No reviewer is to be 100% trusted if they have over 5,000 subscribers in my opinion. As much as we all like to think Twisted, Grimm and the gang review shit out of the kindness of their hearts alone, it simply isn't true. Youtube makes them money, reviews get them piles of free shit which leads to them not having to pay for anything they use vaping, they get new shit before everyone else, their status in the community is elevated which gets them free tickets to panels at conventions.. it's a business.
It wasn't in the review it was on one of the vape shows they were talking about what their favorite atomizers currently were. I mean it's still possible they are doing it to their benefit but it seemed natural. I don't always trust what they say but most of them did rate the boreas higher than the supreme except Vaping Heathen. As far as Grimm and twisted that's different they have a lot more viewers I trust Grimm though for the most part he at least takes his time to review shit and does point out the flaws I will never fully trust them like for Grimm I don't trust when he does a review for one of his friends products (anarchist wire for example). I get its a business and I don't blame them but between the multiple reviews for 1 product and seeing it all for yourself does help choose a product.

Mikhail Naumov

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
People who get 99% of every single product they use for free don't even know how to appreciate anything. Plus it's all subjective, what one likes another hates. Add this to the fact making review videos on a mass scale is a business, a job, and you have to take everything they say with a grain of salt. Anarchist wire is a rip-off because its Nichrome (I think, it may be SS) rebranded with a huge markup. Vaping Heather said the TF-RTA was better than the Supreme and Boreas, when it has a smaller deck than both, less capacity, is fuck ugly and has two airflow slots missing the coils entirely and diluting flavor. These people usually aren't even intelligent enough to know how this stuff is made, let alone intelligent enough to properly use and appreciate things.

Scratch88683

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
People who get 99% of every single product they use for free don't even know how to appreciate anything. Plus it's all subjective, what one likes another hates. Add this to the fact making review videos on a mass scale is a business, a job, and you have to take everything they say with a grain of salt. Anarchist wire is a rip-off because its Nichrome (I think, it may be SS) rebranded with a huge markup. Vaping Heather said the TF-RTA was better than the Supreme and Boreas, when it has a smaller deck than both, less capacity, is fuck ugly and has two airflow slots missing the coils entirely and diluting flavor. These people usually aren't even intelligent enough to know how this stuff is made, let alone intelligent enough to properly use and appreciate things.
Yea I know anarchist wire is a ripoff that's why I used it as an example. I don't trust vaping heathen but he does seem to understand electricity pretty well you can tell from his rafale x rda review , but I stopped trusting him after his favorite everything of 2015 video literally everything he picked was not anything I liked. I agree with you though on taking it as a grain of salt and most of them aren't experts again for example Grimm green couldn't figure out how to use the rafale x rda he was hooking up just one coil from the positive to the neutral and couldn't figure out why it wouldn't fire until someone explained it lol. Again I like the reviews so I can see video of the device and see for myself how it operates I'll take their thoughts into consideration and if I still can't decide I'll come on here and ask around usually I can get a pretty good idea from that... hell that's how I ended up getting the boreas the reviewers didn't get me that interested this forum did. I'd trust the newer guys less then like Grimm green or twisted 420 they are both at the point where they don't have to worry about giving something a bad review they have a loyal following and most companies will still send them shit no matter what just for the exposure. Unless like I said it's one of his friends like he's good friends with ohmboyoc who's involved with anarchist wire hence why Grimm always talks about and promotes anarchist wire. Same for kent (twisted messes) and matt (suck my mod) and ruby roo's juice line granted though he didnt give the TM v1 a great review.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
The issue I had with the VCMT was wicking..the Cap would push on the wick causing dryhit and if you wicked it loose enough where it wouldnt crush the wick it would leak...and there wasnt a middle of that...

Mikhail Naumov

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
Yea I know anarchist wire is a ripoff that's why I used it as an example. I don't trust vaping heathen but he does seem to understand electricity pretty well you can tell from his rafale x rda review , but I stopped trusting him after his favorite everything of 2015 video literally everything he picked was not anything I liked. I agree with you though on taking it as a grain of salt and most of them aren't experts again for example Grimm green couldn't figure out how to use the rafale x rda he was hooking up just one coil from the positive to the neutral and couldn't figure out why it wouldn't fire until someone explained it lol. Again I like the reviews so I can see video of the device and see for myself how it operates I'll take their thoughts into consideration and if I still can't decide I'll come on here and ask around usually I can get a pretty good idea from that... hell that's how I ended up getting the boreas the reviewers didn't get me that interested this forum did. I'd trust the newer guys less then like Grimm green or twisted 420 they are both at the point where they don't have to worry about giving something a bad review they have a loyal following and most companies will still send them shit no matter what just for the exposure. Unless like I said it's one of his friends like he's good friends with ohmboyoc who's involved with anarchist wire hence why Grimm always talks about and promotes anarchist wire. Same for kent (twisted messes) and matt (suck my mod) and ruby roo's juice line granted though he didnt give the TM v1 a great review.

During my first year of college before I got my Electrical Engineering degree, they literally expected us to know the full range of basic circuit types (series, parallel, parallel-series/series-parallel, neutral circuits, etc.) without teaching it. So knowing what a neutral post does in terms of combining circuits isn't that astounding. He seems kind of.. slow, to me. MikeVapes doesn't even appear to have a brain, I cannot stand MikeVapes.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
During my first year of college before I got my Electrical Engineering degree, they literally expected us to know the full range of basic circuit types (series, parallel, parallel-series, series-parallel, neutral circuits, etc.) without teaching it. So knowing what a neutral post does in terms of combining circuits isn't that astounding. He seems kind of.. slow, to me. MikeVapes doesn't even appear to have a brain, I cannot stand MikeVapes.
More then half the Reviewers seem pretty slow, uneducated in anything....

Scratch88683

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
During my first year of college before I got my Electrical Engineering degree, they literally expected us to know the full range of basic circuit types (series, parallel, parallel-series, series-parallel, neutral circuits, etc.) without teaching it. So knowing what a neutral post does in terms of combining circuits isn't that astounding. He seems kind of.. slow, to me. MikeVapes doesn't even appear to have a brain, I cannot stand MikeVapes.
Lol I agree the neutral post was pretty obvious it really didn't help his cause when he showed the instruction manual which clearly showed how it worked and he still didn't understand it. I agree with you on MikeVapes.

Scratch88683

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
More then half the Reviewers seem pretty slow, uneducated in anything....
They still should have an idea of how well it vapes I don't trust most of the reviews on mods though I do like Phil busardos mod reviews though he at least tests them.

Mikhail Naumov

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
I know. Heathen knowing basic electronics doesn't impress me in the slightest. You have a positive post, which is separated from the metal on the deck by an insulator, but is connected to a pin made of a high-conductivity metal like copper, which runs down to the mod positive output channel AKA the 510 pin. Then you have a negative post which is milled into the deck, this is your return path for electrons in the circuit that is your coil build. Then if you add another post, which is neither milled into the deck or connected to a pin that runs to the mod positive output channel by using an insulator to separate it from the metal in the ground (Deck metal/Neg) and having it not connected to the 510 pin, it's basically just a metal box of conduction. You take two eight wrap coils, install one lead into the positive, one into the neutral post, then another one also into the neutral post and the other into the negative, boom. It's like you have a 16 wrap single coil, the neutral post just allows you to use a second coil as an addition to the circuit. Series builds have been around for a while, but you used to have to run the wire AROUND a post to do it, with a neutral post it makes series builds worlds easier and more functional. Knowing what I just explained isn't knowledge restricted to electrical engineers like me or general electricians, etc. Knowing that just means you know about BASIC electronics, which I believe everyone who vapes should have a firm understanding of. Too bad most don't.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
An its way of thinking of what the dead post is is a solder joint that you can open and close...your just taking 2 coils that were in parallel and soldering the ends together so it acts as if its a single coil.

Scratch88683

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I know. Heathen knowing basic electronics doesn't impress me in the slightest. You have a positive post, which is separated from the metal on the deck by an insulator, but is connected to a pin made of a high-conductivity metal like copper, which runs down to the mod positive output channel AKA the 510 pin. Then you have a negative post which is milled into the deck, this is your return path for electrons in the circuit that is your coil build. Then if you add another post, which is neither milled into the deck or connected to a pin that runs to the mod positive output channel by using an insulator to separate it from the metal in the ground (Deck metal/Neg) and having it not connected to the 510 pin, it's basically just a metal box of conduction. You take two eight wrap coils, install one lead into the positive, one into the neutral post, then another one also into the neutral post and the other into the negative, boom. It's like you have a 16 wrap single coil, the neutral post just allows you to use a second coil as an addition to the circuit. Series builds have been around for a while, but you used to have to run the wire AROUND a post to do it, with a neutral post it makes series builds worlds easier and more functional. Knowing what I just explained isn't knowledge restricted to electrical engineers like me or general electricians, etc. Knowing that just means you know about BASIC electronics, which I believe everyone who vapes should have a firm understanding of. Too bad most don't.
Lol I knew how it worked and I have no electrical background besides vaping and basic construction I thought it was pretty obvious doesn't hurt that my dad knows a lot about electricity ( owned a successfull comercial hvac company for 40 years until he retired and before that worked for a telephone company) and he taught things over the years but I still have very basic knowledge

Mikhail Naumov

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
To be fair, it SHOULD be obvious, but apparently it isn't. There's a thread in this same section of a forums about a guy trying to build .1 ohm coils in an RTA when he has no idea what AWG means in terms of wire and knows nothing about rebuilding or even seemingly electronics at all.

Scratch88683

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
To be fair, it SHOULD be obvious, but apparently it isn't. There's a thread in this same section of a forums about a guy trying to build .1 ohm coils in an RTA when he has no idea what AWG means in terms of wire and knows nothing about rebuilding or even seemingly electronics at all.
Wow. Probably using the wrong kind of batteries too people like that are going to kill vaping. At my local b&m they told me about some woman who kept bricking her mods and after like the 4th one she told them that she uses it in the shower and had no idea it was a bad idea. It's amazing how stupid people are...

Mikhail Naumov

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
He's in the UK too, where the TPD is about to come down on vaping like fucking Lucifer's Hammer, and he's acting as if the fact he knows virtually nothing about rebuilding is funny when in reality it's dangerous and leads to the kind of shit that could literally kill off vaping forever.

Scratch88683

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
He's in the UK too, where the TPD is about to come down on vaping like fucking Lucifer's Hammer, and he's acting as if the fact he knows virtually nothing about rebuilding is funny when in reality it's dangerous and leads to the kind of shit that could literally kill off vaping forever.
Yea the tpd is bad news not to keep bringing up grimm green but he did a vlog at a UK vape convention a few weeks ago and he said that they didn't even talk about the tpd and that most of the people there new very little about it.

Mikhail Naumov

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
All 99% of vapers care enough to pay attention to is their d0p3 a$$ s1ck cl0udz br0m0s@api3n.

Scratch88683

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
All 99% of vapers care enough to pay attention to is their d0p3 a$$ s1ck cl0udz br0m0s@api3n.
Speaking of idiots I just wrapped up about 2 feet of fused Claptons wire and made and installed 2 coils only to realize I used 28g nickel instead of 28g nichrome I'm so pissed lol I was wondering why the wire was snapping so much in the drill I'm such an idiot sometimes!

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Speaking of idiots I just wrapped up about 2 feet of fused Claptons wire and made and installed 2 coils only to realize I used 28g nickel instead of 28g nichrome I'm so pissed lol I was wondering why the wire was snapping so much in the drill I'm such an idiot sometimes!
No that is some crazy shit! Im sure they'd give nice colors though! lol

Scratch88683

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
No that is some crazy shit! Im sure they'd give nice colors though! lol
Lol I can't even fire them they are 2x28g nickel wrapped with 36g kanthal my reuleaux won't even tell me the resistance I could have checked on another mod or my ohm reader but I already took them out they were probably super low they were only 5 wrap 2.5 mm good thing I they didn't fire probably would of vented my batteries lol

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Lol I can't even fire them they are 2x28g nickel wrapped with 36g kanthal my reuleaux won't even tell me the resistance I could have checked on another mod or my ohm reader but I already took them out they were probably super low they were only 5 wrap 2.5 mm good thing I they didn't fire probably would of vented my batteries lol
Well you could but it'd be dangerous (Power Mode), at 20w-30w just to get them to color for a pic...Ni200 and N80 colors very easily and in very dark blues/purples...its beautiful. Outer wrap wont change the resistance much so it should read what it normally would for the core specs.

Scratch88683

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Well you could but it'd be dangerous (Power Mode), at 20w-30w just to get them to color for a pic...Ni200 and N80 colors very easily and in very dark blues/purples...its beautiful. Outer wrap wont change the resistance much so it should read what it normally would for the core specs.
I should have tried but I already threw them away they were probably like .02 ohm's with the 2 nickel cores. They were a bitch to wrap the snapped in my drill like 7 times

Scratch88683

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I like tony from vapor trail channel. He stays fairly neutral and just shows the features of the devices.
Tony is alright I watch him sometimes not my favorite but decent.

VU Sponsors