Become a Patron!

Kaos Z - Sigelei

timwis

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hi Vaping Underground members, In this review i take a look at the Sigelei Kaos Z. The Kaos Z was kindly supplied for the purpose of this review by Betty from CVapor.

https://www.cvapor.com/sigelei-kaos-z-20...eries.html

In the Box

Contents:
1 x Kaos Z Box Mod
1 x USB Cable
1 x User Manual
1 x Warranty Card

Aesthetics and Ergonomics

The inner and outer sleeve of the packaging has a matching cutout Z so you can see the device while in the box. The device itself is modelled on a PC tower system with see through panels and Sigelei have done a good job. This is probably because it's the device's real PCB you can see and not a dummy as was the case for the Stentorian A-47, a device i didn't like at all. The chassis of the Kaos Z is metal and seems strong and durable, I received the red version but there are 3 other options. The clear perspex panels look fine and there is no rattles when shaking the device, however there is slight movement of the battery panel when pressing with the finger and tapping the panels do give a cheap sound. One side of the device shows the PCB, which i like as it's a different look and at the bottom there is branding on the perspex. Under the perspex is housed a number of lights in the shape of a Z but i will go into that later in the review. The opposite side of the device allows you to see your batteries which some people might find a bit ugly. The bottom of the device is plain apart from a notch to help taking the battery panel off, moving to the top of the device there is an air fed, spring loaded 510. The front of the device has a flush fire button top and USB port bottom, then there is a mirrored finish panel which houses the 0,96" TFT coloured screen and up / down buttons. Finally the back of the device has the same shaped panel as the front but this time is not mirrored and has slits (not sure if these are just for aesthetics or are also for venting). The Kaos Z is very boxed shaped and the edges haven't been rounded off much so it hasn't got the best ergonomics but is ok in the hand for a while.

Specs:

Material: Zinc alloy
Screen: 0.96〞TFT color screen
Battery Capacity: 2 * 18650 (not included)
Battery Size: 86.7 * 51.4 * 26.8mm
Max Wattage: 200W
Resistance: 0.05-3.0ohm
Connection Threading: 510
Wattage range: 10W-200W
Temperature range: 100℃-300℃/200℉-570℉
Voltage input: 6.4V-8.4V
Voltage output: 1.0V-7.5V
Maximum current: 38A
Modes: POWER / SS / Ti1 / Ni200 / TCR
Support USB charging:DC 5V/2.5A
Colour: Black, Orange, Yellow, Red

Using the Kaos Z

Between the back panel and base there is a notch to get your fingernail in to easily remove the panel which allows you to insert your batteries. The battery tray is very clean and orientation is clearly marked, the panel snaps back into place securely. The device is the usual 5 clicks on and off and when turned on you see a screen with a wealth of information all clearly displayed. As well as the normal information, the display on the Kaos Z shows the battery status as both a battery icon and as a percentage which is very precise. As well as the menu there is a few duel button presses for certain functions, the first is down and fire together locks the buttons, of course repeating the process unlocks the buttons. There is also up and fire together which brings up the preheat options and finally when in temp control up and down together locks the resistance. Navigating the menu system is simply using the up and down button and pressing fire to select. The menu system is very basic and is the usual 3 clicks to enter it, this brings up just 2 options which are power/TCR and Colour Mode. Choosing Power/TCR brings up, Power, SS, Ti, Ni and TCR. If you pick a temp control wire it then gives you the choice of Celsius or Fahrenheit, after picking the temperature scale you want it takes you to the main screen for you to set your temperature. However if you pick Stainless Steel, before choosing what temperature scale it gives you the choice of 3 different Stainless Steel wire options. That covers all the functions related to vaping with the device so i will do a separate section for colour mode.

Colour Mode

When choosing colour mode it brings up 6 different colour options for the lights. After choosing a colour you get given the choice of, when using (when you vape), always on and lights off (so if lights are not your thing choose this). If you choose when vaping or always on it gives you the choice of normal, loop (which goes through all the colours in order) or breathing (this gives a pulsing effect). Finally options come up for setting the brightness of the lights (there are 3 brightness levels).

Performance

I found the device reliable and accurate on the wattage's i used, whether the device does the full 200w i would have no idea. I had doubts about the fire button sitting flush but when it came to using the device it was not an issue at all, and it does mean the device shouldn't fire by accident. I found up to 25mm tanks looked perfectly ok on the device but any bigger will give noticeable overhang. The battery management is very good and despite using the lights, i got at least the life i would expect from a duel battery device. The Kaos Z is capable of 2A charging and is fully firmware up-gradable.

Pros

Different looking
Strong durable chassis
Very simple menu
Great battery life
Array of options with the lights
Option to turn lights off
Should not fire by accident
High wattage
Temp control
3 SS options
Battery status shown as a percentage

Cons

Movement of battery panel with finger
Over 25mm noticeable Overhang
Seeing batteries to some will look a bit ugly
Ergonomically not the best, but ok

Conclusion

Not everyone's cup of tea, but the Kaos Z is a reasonably priced high powered device which some people will find a lot of fun.

I would once again like to thank Betty from CVapor for supplying the Kaos Z for the purpose of this review.

https://www.cvapor.com/sigelei-kaos-z-20...eries.html

Please note Cvapor shipping policy has changed, cheaper prices but then you need to choose shipping method.

VU Sponsors