Kayfun 3.1 Question

Emilie

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Air hole. Is there a way to keep juice from leaking out from the adjustment screw?

Does anyone use plumber's tape around the screw?

The problem is that I've been using the top filling method, but when I screw the cap back on, juice comes out of the air hole. I can get all of that out, but some gets into the threads of the screw (which is very loose) and continues to get on my fingers for some time after filling.

I'm just looking for a way of stopping that. Any suggestions?

vladtepes

Member For 4 Years
I had the same issue which is one reason I recently switched tanks.. I found it to be more of an annoyance than an actual issue.. I would think that teflon tape might be hard to get on something so small.. but maybe like a paste, or even a drop of silicone might do the trick..

BoomStick

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I know it's more of a pain than top filling, but using a needle tip bottle and using the fill port eliminates flooding and leaking. There is also a trick to top filling that greatly reduces flooding. Watching a demonstration video on youtube would be easier than trying to explain it. You must be flooding it a bunch if the bottom cap isn't containing it.

Emilie

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I'm getting some needle-tip bottles or 20ga blunt tip needles for my syringes soon, but I'm not sure when I'll be able to get them.

I'll look for videos, though. I thought I had it figured out last night, but it ended pretty badly.

I certainly prefer KFL+ RTAs over Kayfun 3.1s, but my tank extension didn't fit my V2 KFL+ tanks.

CPMP15

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I had the same problem, went to utube and what he said was. leave the top loose tilt sideways, wait for bubbles to escape and tighten cap. it's working now after 3 days. it has something to do with a vacuum GL

VU Sponsors