Kayfun 3.1??

Chowder

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Just pulled the trigger on a Kayfun 3.1 from Angelcigs USA. It's probably a knock of with the price point, but willing to try it out. I've been rebuilding for over a year now on RDA's (loving every minute of it also!) and thought it was time to try out a tank for driving long distances. Any thoughts/experience on/with this device or the vendor?

SoCalVapor

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I ordered the same unit from 101Vape.com for $15.99 on sale earlier this week. It is a decent clone, however I was having leaking problems when I brought it to work yesterday.

SoCalVapor

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I have purchased several Kayfun Lite & 3.1 clones. The beat performers from my experience are the HCigar Kayfun 3.1 & the EHPro Kayfun Lite V2 (both can be found for under $40 each).

Chowder

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I ordered the same unit from 101Vape.com for $15.99 on sale earlier this week. It is a decent clone, however I was having leaking problems when I brought it to work yesterday.

Is it leaking out the air inlet or the seals?

I have purchased several Kayfun Lite & 3.1 clones. The beat performers from my experience are the HCigar Kayfun 3.1 & the EHPro Kayfun Lite V2 (both can be found for under $40 each).

Links?

SoCalVapor

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
It appeared to be leaking from the fill hole. I picked up the EHPro Kayfun Lite V2 from 101vape.com for $39.99 and the HCigar Kayfun 3.1 from a highly rated seller on eBay for around $35 shipped.

Chowder

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
The 3.1 from Angelecigs does not appear to have a bottom fill hole. According to the review (on the link page below), the 3.1 is filled by removing the top cap. So, hopefully it won't leak (unless it floods the chamber). Thanks for the info SoCal. I'll keep the thread posted on how it goes!

http://www.angelcigs.com/kayfun-v3-1-es-rebuildable-atomizer-full-kit.html

SoCalVapor

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
This one doesn't have a bottom fill hole like the Kayfun Lite, however it is located on the outside base of the deck next to the airflow hole.

Garemlin

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
My first KFL I got in a trade and was bought from angelcigs. Haven't had any issues. Works great. I bought a EHPro KFL+ v2 on ebay and it works great too. But the fit, finish and quality is so much better. Just bought a second one last night.

Chowder

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
My first KFL I got in a trade and was bought from angelcigs. Haven't had any issues. Works great. I bought a EHPro KFL+ v2 on ebay and it works great too. But the fit, finish and quality is so much better. Just bought a second one last night.

Thanks, I'll look into that one next.

Soulkarve

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I have a kayfun 3.1 and a kayfun lite. I had leaking problems with the 3.1 bc I couldn't fill from the fill port on the side of the base. I was having to take the top cap off to fill which screws up the vacuum and causes leaking.

I prefer the lite with the fill hole on the bottom of the base. It's easier to fill and I have never had problems with leaking.

SoCalVapor

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I usually carry a tank atomizer when I leave the house and after trying most of the Kayfun clones on the market, I have found that none of them are perfect. I have also used the Aqua and Squape clones and have ran into issues with them as well. I will be picking up the Fogger V4 next to see if it may finally be the perfect tank system that I have been searching for.

Garemlin

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I usually carry a tank atomizer when I leave the house and after trying most of the Kayfun clones on the market, I have found that none of them are perfect. I have also used the Aqua and Squape clones and have ran into issues with them as well. I will be picking up the Fogger V4 next to see if it may finally be the perfect tank system that I have been searching for.

I learned it is always good to have something as a back-up when out and aboout. I went to the NASCAR race in Dover earlier this month with my Panzer clone and Taifun GT. The heat played havoc on my Taifun. Would not stop leaking out of the air hole. Luckily I had my MVP2 and ProKiller clearo with me or I would have gone the whole afternoon without a vape.

Chowder

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I have a kayfun 3.1 and a kayfun lite. I had leaking problems with the 3.1 bc I couldn't fill from the fill port on the side of the base. I was having to take the top cap off to fill which screws up the vacuum and causes leaking.

I prefer the lite with the fill hole on the bottom of the base. It's easier to fill and I have never had problems with leaking.

The airflow controls on both are supposedly different. Which is better?

SoCalVapor

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
The airflow on the 3.1 is adjusted from loosening a screw on the side, whereas the KFL V2 is adjusted from the bottom. I believe that it is not really as simple as stating that one is better than the other, however the quality of the clone itself will determine how well the airflow actually performs. The HCigar KF 3.1 allows me to get a very airy draw, which is what I prefer. The EHPro is a little more restricted as well as the one from Angelcigs. I have had a couple of bad experiences with different KF clones from Fast tech with almost nonexistent airflow, even after removing the screw.

Soulkarve

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I bought the kayfun lite black edition V3 which has better airflow than the 3.1 but it's still a tighter draw than what I prefer. I took the screws completely out of both.

As far as function they are both similar. I do like having access to the screw from the side (3.1) vs on the bottom (lite).

Dhim

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reviewer
Member For 5 Years
The Kayfun 3.1 ES has a fill hole on the side, however it's useless and a lot harder to get something to fit in there. Overall its a terrific little device. I got mine for $18 + tax shipped. In my mind it's well worth it. I'm going to compare to a Squape, but I can say I like it more than any Genny I've used. Hands down.

To fill with minimal leaking do the following.

1) Place your finger over the adjustable air flow hole (left hole) and the primary air hole. Make sure both are fully covered, don't uncover until directed.
2) Take a test pull of air, you should get nothing.
3) Unscrew your top cap.
4) Fill to just below your threads. Go slow with this as there is still pressure in the tank area and air pockets can form. Let them settle and continue to fill.
5) Slowly place the top cap back on, screw it down until just before o-ring lines up with the tank section.
6) Turn the Kayfun upside down.
7) You will see an airbubble shift from top to bottom. Once it completely changes direction screw the top cap down.
8) Release your fingers from the air hole (over a paper towel).
9) A small bit of juice might creep out if you had some in there previously. This is ok.
10) Turn device around.
11) Take paper towel and place over your mouthpiece area and blow into the side air hole to clear up remaining juice in the air chamble.
12) Take a small drag from the side of the airhole.
13) Enjoy

Or just watch a quick video I did on this exact process to make it a bit simpler. :)

Garemlin

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Has anyone tried the KFL black (color). Wondering if there is any issues with the coating peeling or chipping.

Tap'd from my LG G2

Soulkarve

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Has anyone tried the KFL black (color). Wondering if there is any issues with the coating peeling or chipping.

Tap'd from my LG G2
The color is anodized on my black kayfun lite black V3. I haven't had any problems.

Bahas

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have the 3.1 from angelcigs and the only thing i was irrated with was the screws they just wouldnt hold wire 28 or otherwise. So i replaced those and works well for me.

Chowder

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I have the 3.1 from angelcigs and the only thing i was irrated with was the screws they just wouldnt hold wire 28 or otherwise. So i replaced those and works well for me.

Are the heads tapered/rounded on the bottom side?

Sent from my KFTHWI using Tapatalk

Brianj

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I have an authentic Kayfun 3.1
The fill port on the side works very well with a blunt tip filling bottle
It may not work as well with cheap knock offs

Bahas

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It doesn't with the plastic needle tip bottles but it may do better with a 16gauge blunt tip needle. *shrug*

Chowder

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
It doesn't with the plastic needle tip bottles but it may do better with a 16gauge blunt tip needle. *shrug*
I've got both plastic and blunt syringes in numerous sizes. Either something in the arsenal works, or it's the top fill method; either will work when it's a couple hour between refills. So it's not really a deal breaker, but just a convenience issue.

Lefty

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
The Angelcigs 3.1 is by Ivogo. The fit and finish is good if not quite up to my Hcigar 3.1 but then again it didn't come with a plated positive block with plating that washed off like the Hcigar did either. The Ivogo comes with a plastic needle tipped fill bottle that works fine but it does seem to chew up the tip fairly quickly.

Saddletramp1200

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It appeared to be leaking from the fill hole. I picked up the EHPro Kayfun Lite V2 from 101vape.com for $39.99 and the HCigar Kayfun 3.1 from a highly rated seller on eBay for around $35 shipped.
I have the same problem. A piece of clear packing tape fixed it. For 15.99 I am not going to bitch. The fill hole has a spring loaded door. Bad idea.

Kevin2112

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have the Hcigar clone with 28 gauge and cotton wick. This is my all day tank and I'm impressed with the performance. This coil has lasted me over 2 months so far with weekly wick changes. There is a learning curve with the top filling method but its easy once you get the routine down. The tank holds enough juice to last the work day and all the juice gets used. It wicks very well once you get the coil and the amount of cotton right.It's a good rta

Midniteoyl

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Agree.. the best 3.1 clone is HCigar, the best KFL+ clone is the EHPro v2

jae

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I love my Kayfun 3.1. I got sick of rebuilding so i've been doing Evods for a couple of weeks. I vaped a little from my Kayfun last night to try to get rid of some of the juice that was still in there (without having rebuilt it from my last time), and this morning found that all my juice leaked out of the airflow hole. No idea why!

Rayboy55

Member For 4 Years
What is the best size of kahthal to use for kayfun 3.1 ES and how low can you go on those , right now i'm doing 28 gauge at 1.6 ohms with cotton and it's good to start but after an hour i get dry hits running at 10 watts..need feedback please guys and Thanks !!!

Garemlin

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
What is the best size of kahthal to use for kayfun 3.1 ES and how low can you go on those , right now i'm doing 28 gauge at 1.6 ohms with cotton and it's good to start but after an hour i get dry hits running at 10 watts..need feedback please guys and Thanks !!!

I personally run 30g in all of my KFL's. I stick around the 2.0Ω - 2.4Ω range.

Chowder

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

I'm definitely not the expert here, just the OP for the thread. However, it sounds like a wicking issue to me. Check that (1) your channels are clear, (2) your wick isn't choking the coil, (3) your flow control is set right, and if those are not the problems (4) then tale of a couple dry hits/ pulls without firing the coil to get juice into the chamber. If these steps don't work, the experts on this thread will definitely correct me and give you better advice!

Saddletramp1200

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I am using .34 Kanthal & 2mm Silica wick. I like the way it is working. 3.5W is doing a fine job for me. Vamo 5 is what I am using. I would try backing off the watts. Sounds to me like your running way to hot, thus the dry hits.

Kevin2112

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks guys , appreciate it !!!i will work on it and bring my ohms higher and less cotton !!!
I use 28 gauge wire and getting 1.8 ohms and Vape at 15 watts. I built my coil a little larger in diameter to get more cotton in without choking it. And the I make sure there is plenty of cotton down the sides. Lots of cotton with air control screw removed. I never get a dry hit with my 80/20 VG/PG blend. If I do get a dry hit, the tank is empty. Most videos will tell you to a little cotton but I find more is better...Good luck

Chowder

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I use 28 gauge wire and getting 1.8 ohms and Vape at 15 watts. I built my coil a little larger in diameter to get more cotton in without choking it. And the I make sure there is plenty of cotton down the sides. Lots of cotton with air control screw removed. I never get a dry hit with my 80/20 VG/PG blend. If I do get a dry hit, the tank is empty. Most videos will tell you to a little cotton but I find more is better...Good luck

Can you pad the sides/deck with more cotton after wicking through the coil and get good/the same results?

Doots

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just pulled the trigger on a Kayfun 3.1 from Angelcigs USA. It's probably a knock of with the price point, but willing to try it out. I've been rebuilding for over a year now on RDA's (loving every minute of it also!) and thought it was time to try out a tank for driving long distances. Any thoughts/experience on/with this device or the vendor?
I have a 3.1 from angelcigs and works great. no issues on it at all.. You should like it. I fill it from the top /never leaks..

Chowder

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I have a 3.1 from angelcigs and works great. no issues on it at all.. You should like it. I fill it from the top /never leaks..

Thanks. I've been rebuilding RDA's for a long time, but always used an aspire bdc vivi nova or cartos when dripping wasn't convenient. The prices and quality of the available devices have finally made it reasonable to try them out. And let's face it, even though cartos and clearos will always have a space in the arsenal, they just are not optimal in performance or consistency. I have rebuilt aspire and portank heads with OK results, but what a pain in the arse!

Kevin2112

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
="Rayboy55, post: 12015, member: 1459"]Thanks Kevin...what size of drill bit you use when you say your coils are bigger??[/QUOTE]
Unfortunately I'm no help here because I used my wife's knitting needles at the time and thought the coil opening was too wide but it worked. The needle size is 2.75 mm. I then twist up some cotton but not too tight and thread it through then cut the ends. I leave enough at each end that it fills the gaps on each side....I hope this helps. It took me a few builds to find that sweet spot with the coil resistance and not getting dry hits.

Chowder

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
UPDATE: Got the 3.1 in the mail today! Fuk Ya! Vape mail! Just got her washed up, and threw a 28g, 6-7 wrap, 2mm ID, 1.3ohm contact coil on top, wicked w/cotton, and she's chucking vapor! Used the top fill method and no leaking as of yet. I've got it sitting on top of my Vamo v3 and pushing 12 watts. Not quite as tasty as an RDA, but DAMN better than an Aspire! Thanks to all that helped!

Chowder

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
12 hours and 2 tanks later, really liking it! I don't think they'll ever replace my drippers, but really what can?

tick22

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
The Kayfun 3.1 ES has a fill hole on the side, however it's useless and a lot harder to get something to fit in there. Overall its a terrific little device. I got mine for $18 + tax shipped. In my mind it's well worth it. I'm going to compare to a Squape, but I can say I like it more than any Genny I've used. Hands down.

To fill with minimal leaking do the following.

1) Place your finger over the adjustable air flow hole (left hole) and the primary air hole. Make sure both are fully covered, don't uncover until directed.
2) Take a test pull of air, you should get nothing.
3) Unscrew your top cap.
4) Fill to just below your threads. Go slow with this as there is still pressure in the tank area and air pockets can form. Let them settle and continue to fill.
5) Slowly place the top cap back on, screw it down until just before o-ring lines up with the tank section.
6) Turn the Kayfun upside down.
7) You will see an airbubble shift from top to bottom. Once it completely changes direction screw the top cap down.
8) Release your fingers from the air hole (over a paper towel).
9) A small bit of juice might creep out if you had some in there previously. This is ok.
10) Turn device around.
11) Take paper towel and place over your mouthpiece area and blow into the side air hole to clear up remaining juice in the air chamble.
12) Take a small drag from the side of the airhole.
13) Enjoy

Or just watch a quick video I did on this exact process to make it a bit simpler. :)

Thanks Dhim, your the man. I will see if this works better..

Angel Cigs

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor

Hey Chowder, this is Angel from Angelcigs company. If you have any question about the kayfun v3.1 you got from us, please start a conversation with me or leave a message in our sub forum. I'll always be at your service.

Chowder

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Hey Chowder, this is Angel from Angelcigs company. If you have any question about the kayfun v3.1 you got from us, please start a conversation with me or leave a message in our sub forum. I'll always be at your service.

Thanks Angel! 4th tank in and I finally found where adjusting the juice control causes it to leak when sitting upright. Just playing around with it right now and kicking the tires. Having a good experience so far and enjoying it!

VU Sponsors