Become a Patron!

Kayfun advice

Nimmo71

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Hello all, I'm thinking of pulling the trigger on a kayfun. I have been using a aspire nautilis on a nemesis and the flavors just so so, local shop recommened a kayfun but I'd like some opinions on this matter, help is very appreciated:)

James

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
What do thay want for a kayfun and wire and wick ? Do you like makeing coils ?

Nimmo71

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
They want $50 for it, I have no experience in any of this stuff, but I really enjoy it:)

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
You can pick up a KF clone for $20. Around $5 for a 100' spool of 28 gauge Kanthal.

Everyone has their own opinion on the best wicking material.

I prefer Ramie fiber from The Woolery. For less than $20 shipped you get a very large supply of it. I am guessing a few years worth.

You will also need a pair of small needle nose pliers, some drill bits or a nail to form you coil, a small wire cutter or finger nail clippers and a Bic type lighter to treat the wire before forming into a coils.

And some method of checking the coil for shorts and resistance before installing. You can purchase a cheap multimeter or a resitance checker for about $12.

Nimmo71

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Good advice, I'm using this on a nemesis mod,your thoughts?

UncleRJ

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
The Kayfun will work just fine for you on that device

Nimmo71

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Ok I'll do some research on where to get one, I ordered a few things off fastech but they seem to take forever to ship and get here it's been 2 weeks already for the love of Pete!!!

Cloudy Peak Vapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Ok I'll do some research on where to get one, I ordered a few things off fastech but they seem to take forever to ship and get here it's been 2 weeks already for the love of Pete!!!
Artemus custom mods, or designs, can't remember, is having a sale. All kayfun black V3's are 29.99 and the code oct10 gets an extra 10% off. Check it in the sales section I believe, I've ordered 4 in the past 2 weeks and they're my favorite kayfuns. Great deal as well.

http://vapingunderground.com/thread...all-sale-event-starting-september-12th.17393/

There ya go... Linking to another VU page, lol.

M5amhan

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
never tried one of his from custom mods but that is a good price. if u get the one from vaping walrus add a full size pc tank from parts section in whatever color and thatll get u free shipping

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I always use usps express ePacket china at FT. Takes about a week and a half.
Pay attention to the lead time on your items in your cart. All of the stuff could be ready to go but a $1.50 drip tip is holding everything up. I will ship the stuff that's ready in a day or two and then do another order with stuff that has a 5 day lead time together.

Also, you want the kayfun V2 or higher.

Cloudy Peak Vapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
never tried one of his from custom mods but that is a good price. if u get the one from vaping walrus add a full size pc tank from parts section in whatever color and thatll get u free shipping
All clones, I have a KFL, an EHPRO KFL+ V2, and now four blacks. A copper, stainless, black, and a gold. They're my favorite by far. The adjustable 510 is a bit too easy to turn, but a gasket solves that, and I've had no leaking or gurgling in close to two weeks with my first two. I received my other two yesterday, and they're currently in an overnight bath. I'll build em later on today. They also have all come nearly free of any machine oil, or smell, but I still bathed em'.

UncleRJ

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
I give mine a bath every couple of tanks.

Cloudy Peak Vapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
What to you bathe them in?
I do everclear, and then I do a soak in soapy water, then just water, and dry. Any alcohol will do, make sure to remove the gaskets prior to soaking. Overnight is best but not always necessary, but there's always machine oil hidden somewhere. It'll taste bad, and more importantly it's not good for ya.

jae

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I love my Kayfun 3.1 from FT. It's dead simple and works a charm. That said, i hope to someday own a Squape, Russian, or Artemus Kayfun Black

TheWestPole

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I always use usps express ePacket china at FT. Takes about a week and a half.
Pay attention to the lead time on your items in your cart. All of the stuff could be ready to go but a $1.50 drip tip is holding everything up. I will ship the stuff that's ready in a day or two and then do another order with stuff that has a 5 day lead time together.

Also, you want the kayfun V2 or higher.

Good advise from @fq06 . I NEVER order anything from FT unless it is in stock and always use USPS. Gets to me also in 7-10 days. Otherwise it's limbo land.

Hobby Kid

Brighton Boy
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I love my Kayfun 3.1 from FT. It's dead simple and works a charm. That said, i hope to someday own a Squape, Russian, or Artemus Kayfun Black
I haven't found the russian as good as or any better in regards to air flow and wicking/depth of juice channels than the 3.1 ES Jeremy. I don't use my russian anymore for that reason. I'll add that it is a clone.

Reactions: jae

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
I've had the same cheapy kayfun clone I got on ebay about a year ago. I love it. I use it daily except for a few times here and there when I want to drip. i love them , the flavor is great. everytime I buy something else to try I end up giving it away and stick with the kayfun

Nimmo71

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
This is all great advice guys thank you, on a lighter note I put the aspire on my itaste vv works great!! What gives? It didn't work that well on the nemesis but on the VV it excels? Ugh I'm lost....

crazydmnd

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Hey man,

I've bought practically every kayfun there is, authentic and clones. A majority of the clones were from FT, and they're excellent if you get the right ones. If you order from FT, get the one that comes with the regular full size and nano tank. Its almost like getting two high quality kf clones for $30, and I tell you they're getting difficult to distinguish from real ones. And the great thing about kayfuns is there is an entire mini industry sprouting that is just for after market kf parts to customize them.

Check out some of mine (the black kf and the one to its right are the FT clones I'm referring to):
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B7U2HapiCrTBRXNIWjBXbnF1eEU/edit?usp=docslist_api

Also in the picture you will see my patina nemi with the brass kf on top, it hits so smooth at 1.1 ohm (six wraps of 28 guage kanthal around the little phillips driver that comes with many kfs, or 1/16" bit). Though if you want to use it on a nemi and an mvp you will need another wrap probably to get it up to 1.2. If i recall, my mvp a couple years back didn't fire below that.

crazydmnd

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
This is all great advice guys thank you, on a lighter note I put the aspire on my itaste vv works great!! What gives? It didn't work that well on the nemesis but on the VV it excels? Ugh I'm lost....
The nemi is a mechanical, and like all mechanicals it supplies raw power from the battery. A VV (variable volatage) device has a chip to regulate the power from the battery giving you more power for the relatively high resistance of mass produced coils.

Most people who use mechanical mods (any mod with no power regulation, digital or analog) prefer to sub ohm; making the coil < 1 ohm. This requires less power since there is less resistance to reach the desired voltage, between 3.7 and 4.2 usually on a kayfun :)

Nimmo71

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Man you guys really know your stuff!! I am so glad I chose to join this group and I thank and appreciate all of your help. I will check out faste kayfuns and order a couple, question for crazydmnd the kf youre talk ing about is that a kit that comes with both or 2 seperate kf?

Nimmo71

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Still so much to learn on the sub ohm topic, I guess I'm a little nervous about it. Not to mention I don't want to but so much stuff I can't keep up with it... I wonder is there a magazine for vapers out there? If there isn't there sure should be one.

M5amhan

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Man you guys really know your stuff!! I am so glad I chose to join this group and I thank and appreciate all of your help. I will check out faste kayfuns and order a couple, question for crazydmnd the kf youre talk ing about is that a kit that comes with both or 2 seperate kf?
he is talking about the same one i mentioned from vapingwalrus but this one's from fast tech same exact kayfun manufacturer and everything. http://www.fasttech.com/products/14...fun-lite-plus-v2-style-rebuildable-atomizer-4 vaping walrus sold out so this is your next best bet for the price

aussie

Bronze Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
You won't be disappointed with the Kayfun!!!!

Nimmo71

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Checked that out its nice, but for the aggravation on waiting on fastech I'd pay the extra and get it from my local shop plus they'd take the time to show me how to use it. And then next time try to save a couple bucks on fastech...

Nimmo71

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Good to know and thank you for looking that up, curios do you have any experience with the sigelei machine? Looking at the 30w I think it's beautiful. If so what might your thoughts be?

Nimmo71

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Was wondering if anyone has the sigelei 30w device? I'm thinking of getting one and would ask for opinions

crazydmnd

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Im assuming you're talking about the one with the chinese version of the dna30 chip? I can tell you this, it will work and probably just fine. But once you have a device that has a real dna30 chip made by evolve, you will never be happy with the imitation chips again. They are just not as accurate and it results in a poorer experience.

Nimmo71

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I really appreciate your help my friend, can you offer buying advice because I'm definatly buying one...

Nimmo71

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Local shop just sent me an email 130$ shipped, your thoughts?

crazydmnd

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Local shop just sent me an email 130$ shipped, your thoughts?
Send a link to a desc for this mod, not necessarily from your exact shop. I also have five different hana box clones, i could sell you one of mine (i have a couple authentic hanas but they're not for sale ;))

crazydmnd

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Sx 300 I've been told is the same as the dna 30 chip???
No definitely not the same. I haven't personally tried those, but a close friend tells me they are better than the china imitation dna30 chips but not as good as the dna by evolve. They have a more squarish display among other differences.

Also, unless you are all about dripping on crazy coil builds, which you are not because you are just learning this stuff, don't get pulled into the bigger is better trap. If you are going to stick to RBAs, like the kayfun (like I do), you really never need anything over 15 watts. I don't know who needs more than 30 watts, but there are 40, 50, 100, 150, it goes on and on and pretty soon some idiot who hasn't a clue about vaping is going to melt his face off with some high powered and shoddy constructed china box and then, well, I digress.

The point is I bet you could find a used real hana or some other device with a genuine evolve dna 20 and never look back. I've had my dna 20 hana for a couple years now and it still hits and looks better than any other clone ive picked up recently. As a matter of fact, two of the five hana clones I've bought from FT just plain didn't work, and another one is very temperamental. I'm very wary of the chinese made chips.

Nimmo71

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Thank you for the Hana offer my friend but I don't care for the box mods, I will take your advisement you are a plethora of knowledge my friend, great stuff!!

InMyImage

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I recently won a Wotofo/A-Mod ZNA 30 clone and tried it all the setting and find myself bouncing between 9.5 and 12.5 watts depending on the juice I'm vaping.

To determine if a mod has the YiHi SX chip look for the misspelled "MDOE" in the menu. If it is spelled this way, it is YiHi.

Bill

crazydmnd

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
The zna's are awesome, i absolutely love my zna lite. You can even send your clone to HoH and they will throw an evolve chip in it for $99. Only the clone made by robo or robot mods or something like that are Z2 threaded (whats needed to swap out other HoH parts).

InMyImage

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
The zna's are awesome, i absolutely love my zna lite. You can even send your clone to HoH and they will throw an evolve chip in it for $99. Only the clone made by robo or robot mods or something like that are Z2 threaded (whats needed to swap out other HoH parts).
Yeah, HoH has done a good job of trying to capitalize on the situation by basically saying, we don't care who made the shell, send to us and we do a gut transplant and send you back you "almost a ZNA" :)

I'm really curious how many people take them up on this, and if they do it before or after having problems.

VU Sponsors