Become a Patron!

Kayfun Lite fill screws?

FL_David

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
The first time I filled my new Kayfun Lite clone through the fill port I had a bad feeling I'd lose the screw. That day has come and since I bought the offer without any extra parts, I'm screwed.

I did do some searching around on the net.
A couple folks on ebay have kits with o-rings and a few screws for $8.99.
https://www.hedonismvapor.com/ will sell me 2 fill screws for $1.99+ shipping.
Mike123 on the UKVapers.org forum posted:
"RE: Spare kayfun lite screw!?
For anyone needing fill screws.
KFL are M2.5 Countersunk.
KFL+ are M2.5 Pan head.
I use 6mm in length. They are slightly long. But work just fine.
Cheap enough on ebay."

The option of knowing the exact screw size would bring me a better option as I could buy 100 screws
for less then the ebay sellers. The "6mm length" part I'm unsure about. Maybe 5mm length would be a perfect fit, or 4mm.
I'd hate to buy 100 screws based on "but work fine".
Does anyone know the exact measurements of a Kayfun Lite clone fill screw?

FL_David

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Thank you Tom950. Sadly they only have the Lite Plus kit in stock right now.I bookmarked the site and will check back later if another idea doesn't spring forth.

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
I hope you find replacement screws for it sooner rather than later.

But once you do, you might consider filling it from the top like I do. Works great and I don't have to deal with that little freaking screw.

I just have to worry about the air control screw backing out and getting jammed in the connector!

Cloudy Peak Vapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I hope you find replacement screws for it sooner rather than later.

But once you do, you might consider filling it from the top like I do. Works great and I don't have to deal with that little freaking screw.

I just have to worry about the air control screw backing out and getting jammed in the connector!
I envy your ability to top fill. I get it down maybe every 3rd to 5th time, but it's just a waste of juice most of the time. I've read endless tutorial, watched countless videos, and I know the correct procedure, it's just hit or miss at best for me. All I vape on is kayfuns, and it's the one thing I've been unable to conquer.

Hope you find a replacement screw man. The fun is kinda rendered useless without it.

UncleRJ

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
I envy your ability to top fill. I get it down maybe every 3rd to 5th time, but it's just a waste of juice most of the time. I've read endless tutorial, watched countless videos, and I know the correct procedure, it's just hit or miss at best for me. All I vape on is kayfuns, and it's the one thing I've been unable to conquer.

Hope you find a replacement screw man. The fun is kinda rendered useless without it.

The trick is to fill the tank to just below where the bottom of the will end up. While still topside up, attach the cover for a turn or so until it is attached. Turn upside down, screw it the rest of the way in, turn it right side up again and sit it in a shotglass with some paper towel in it for about a minute or two.

If done right, you lose no liquid at all from the air hole. If you are off by a tad, you will loose a drop or two of liquid.

For me it beats the hassle of the little fill hole and with that I still lose some liquid.

Cloudy Peak Vapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
The trick is to fill the tank to just below where the bottom of the will end up. While still topside up, attach the cover for a turn or so until it is attached. Turn upside down, screw it the rest of the way in, turn it right side up again and sit it in a shotglass with some paper towel in it for about a minute or two.

If done right, you lose no liquid at all from the air hole. If you are off by a tad, you will loose a drop or two of liquid.

For me it beats the hassle of the little fill hole and with that I still lose some liquid.
That's a new one for me, might have to try it. I don't mind the fill hole, nor do I lose liquid with it. I keep a screwdriver with my liquids, so it's no big deal. My issue is my talent of cracking the plastic tanks, though I now try to keep two spares always. They are 2.99 at the B&M so I just go buy a few at a time. I would like to use the full metal setup, and top filling is ideal for that. I have a perfect oral syringe that is 1ml in .1 increments, so at least for the first fill it's fine with the metal setup, but beyond that, it's wait until I taste some wick before I know how much I can put in. Plus, it's minor, but rinsing out a syringe just adds one more step. Next time I'm out of windows I'll try your method.

FL_David

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
"air control screw..." comes with the Lite+.
I'm with you TBCAmor about the top filling. Maybe I'm trying to put too much e-liquid in.

I now look for how the tank is filled. Any tiny screws, not gonna buy it. I use my I-Atty without the tiny fill screw in it.
It's so easy to refill and seems to work fine without it. Ok, so I can't lay it down with juice in it. I'm looking forward to the Fogger v5 reviews to make sure it can be top filled.
I joined the forum where I saw Mike123's posting. Once I'm approved by an amin I can PM him about my question. I will still check back here for any other links or ideas.
I can't be the only one with a screw loose.

Cloudy Peak Vapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
"air control screw..." comes with the Lite+.
I'm with you TBCAmor about the top filling. Maybe I'm trying to put too much e-liquid in.

I now look for how the tank is filled. Any tiny screws, not gonna buy it. I use my I-Atty without the tiny fill screw in it.
It's so easy to refill and seems to work fine without it. Ok, so I can't lay it down with juice in it. I'm looking forward to the Fogger v5 reviews to make sure it can be top filled.
I joined the forum where I saw Mike123's posting. Once I'm approved by an amin I can PM him about my question. I will still check back here for any other links or ideas.
I can't be the only one with a screw loose.
Yeah, it's tricky shit... Again, I'm not bothered by the screw, have yet to strip one, though one is getting there, and it just works. Again, I'd just like to stop buying plastic windows, lol. The quartz and glass kits are only gasket sealed, and I know that will be a recipe for leaking with temperature changes, so for now, it's buying new windows, and the occasional syringe.

Also, I should have six kayfuns by the end of the week assuming usps behaves, so I have spare screws. I hold onto them like gold, especially spare o rings. My one original style KFL has the old chimney, which doesn't seal well, so now I'll have a +v2, and four of Artemus mods black editions. I've had two blacks for over a week, and I'm yet to so much as experience a gurgle. I can tell any leaking from these newer ones will be error on my part, whereas on the original KFL, I'm constantly checking that air bubbles rise after a draw. It will probably be a home tank now, I might look into converting it to a dripper, I think I've seen that done by others.

UncleRJ

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
That's a new one for me, might have to try it. I don't mind the fill hole, nor do I lose liquid with it. I keep a screwdriver with my liquids, so it's no big deal. My issue is my talent of cracking the plastic tanks, though I now try to keep two spares always. They are 2.99 at the B&M so I just go buy a few at a time. I would like to use the full metal setup, and top filling is ideal for that. I have a perfect oral syringe that is 1ml in .1 increments, so at least for the first fill it's fine with the metal setup, but beyond that, it's wait until I taste some wick before I know how much I can put in. Plus, it's minor, but rinsing out a syringe just adds one more step. Next time I'm out of windows I'll try your method.

You really have to look into getting a quartz tank conversion for your Kayfuns! I love mine as I don't have to worry about what liquid I put into them. That and I can see the total liquid level and I can vape to the last drop (literally the last drops in the feed channels) before changing flavors.

A must have upgrade in my book!

Cloudy Peak Vapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
You really have to look into getting a quartz tank conversion for your Kayfuns! I love mine as I don't have to worry about what liquid I put into them. That and I can see the total liquid level and I can vape to the last drop (literally the last drops in the feed channels) before changing flavors.

A must have upgrade in my book!
I drive for work and deal with temperature changes a ton, so I'm concerned that the seal being only a gasket will be an issue... Do you ever have problems? I know fasttech has super cheap ones, if they don't leak, I'll probably order some. Interested in your feedback.

Lefty

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
The option of knowing the exact screw size would bring me a better option as I could buy 100 screws
for less then the ebay sellers. The "6mm length" part I'm unsure about. Maybe 5mm length would be a perfect fit, or 4mm.
The screws on both my Lite clone and V2 clone are 6mm total length.

TheWestPole

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The first time I filled my new Kayfun Lite clone through the fill port I had a bad feeling I'd lose the screw. That day has come and since I bought the offer without any extra parts, I'm screwed.

I did do some searching around on the net.
A couple folks on ebay have kits with o-rings and a few screws for $8.99.
https://www.hedonismvapor.com/ will sell me 2 fill screws for $1.99+ shipping.
Mike123 on the UKVapers.org forum posted:
"RE: Spare kayfun lite screw!?
For anyone needing fill screws.
KFL are M2.5 Countersunk.
KFL+ are M2.5 Pan head.
I use 6mm in length. They are slightly long. But work just fine.
Cheap enough on ebay."

Sounds like you're set @FL_David , but for others near a Home Depot: I noticed recently doing all this vape stuff that my local HD carries metric screws of various types, including SS. So far the only vape-related metric screw they have not had is 1.6mm. All the rest, including your list here, they have stocked. Range about 25 - 40 cents a piece.

Last edited:

UncleRJ

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
I drive for work and deal with temperature changes a ton, so I'm concerned that the seal being only a gasket will be an issue... Do you ever have problems? I know fasttech has super cheap ones, if they don't leak, I'll probably order some. Interested in your feedback.

I have never had one leak or break on me.

With the single exception of an extreme act of stupidity on my part which I will most certainly not discuss here.

The Gaskets and Vacuum do a wondrous job of holding the tank together. As a test I picked up a 2 X 18650 mod up by the drip tip and it held.

Leaking in the high internal temps of a car or truck is another issue.

There can be leakage.

From the air hole of the Kayfun.

Just be sure to treat the O-Rings with a little bit of E-Liquid before installing the quartz glass.

And order some additional Quartz glass sections in case you do something stupid!

Cloudy Peak Vapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I have never had one leak or break on me.

With the single exception of an extreme act of stupidity on my part which I will most certainly not discuss here.

The Gaskets and Vacuum do a wondrous job of holding the tank together. As a test I picked up a 2 X 18650 mod up by the drip tip and it held.

Leaking in the high internal temps of a car or truck is another issue.

There can be leakage.

From the air hole of the Kayfun.

Just be sure to treat the O-Rings with a little bit of E-Liquid before installing the quartz glass.

And order some additional Quartz glass sections in case you do something stupid!
Gonna have to do this, mid nap response... Now, back to nap if possible.

Cloudy Peak Vapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I've been responding to so many alerts, I think the nap is done. Shouldn't have opened my ipad, lol.

dre

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
My acerig plume veil post screws fit my kayfun light plus fill hole and doesn't leak. It came with some with bigger heads

VU Sponsors