Become a Patron!

Kayfun lite vs 3.1

Hi,
I'm looking to buy my first rba and I hesitate between the kayfun lite plus v2 and the 3.1. I heard that the 3.1 has a better airflow system but what does it means in fact? And wich one has the larger hole? Because I like big holes!

Anyone has experience with the two?

st_andrew

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I have the lite plus v2 and love it to death. My girl loves it too. I picked up mine for 29.99 at fluid vapes. I haven't used the 3.1 though. But the kayfun was one of my best purchases. I am having a lil vapor coming out of my air hole. But besides that I'm in love.

Doots

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have both and like the 3.1 a little better. Airflow seems to be better for me.. But both are very good.

Doots

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I mean by my fining my sweet spot of air flow I can adjust it perfect for my liking. Not too much and not too little. cant seem to get it at the same place on the kayfun lite plus.. It isnt that I dont like the draw on the kf lite. I just prefer the 3.1/ I think you'd be fine though with either.

Bahas

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have both and like both for different reasons. The 3.1 has a easier to reach afc (side of deck) than the kayfun lite plus v2(bottom of deck) making the 3.1 easier to adjust on the fly. The 3.1 has a bit larger air intake hole than the v2 or at least that is what it seems I don't have calipers to give exact measurements so this is by visual means only. The V2 has the ability to change drip tips on the fly whereas the 3.1 you have to put an adapter into the top to be able to switch between 510 drip tips. The 3.1 is taller because it has a liquid overflow containment in the base. The 3.1 I have has an adjustable 510 connection pin in the deck giving you a little more versatility of use on mods and vv/vw devices. The V2 510 connection on the base is not adjustable as the screw is directly connected to the positive block, meaning you try to unscrew it your deck comes apart.

Soulkarve

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I forgot to mention... On both, I completely remove the airflow adjustment screw so having access to it hasn't been an issue for me. As mentioned above, the adjustment screw on the 3.1 is easier to access. On the flip side, the fill port of the 3.1 is awful. It requires a needle tip fill bottle and still doesn't work very well which leaves you to have to fill the tank from the top. By doing so, you lose the vacuum inside the tank and will end up with a little leaking. The lite+ has the fill hole on the bottom which works very well with droppers or dripper tips and you're not compromising the vacuum.

I would buy another lite+ before a 3.1.

Bahas

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
On the flip side, the fill port of the 3.1 is awful. It requires a needle tip fill bottle and still doesn't work very well which leaves you to have to fill the tank from the top. By doing so, you lose the vacuum inside the tank and will end up with a little leaking.
I knew I forgot the other 3.1 con and it is that fill port worthless piece of.... anyway yeah I also take the screws out of the afc.

tick22

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
thanks also from here. Been looking at both and wanted to know the same thing.

Scuba-Matt

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I have both, I prefer the 3.1

Soulkarve

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Thank you very much guys, that's a nice comparaison of the two. But I haven't decided yet.
thanks also from here. Been looking at both and wanted to know the same thing.

My pleasure. I wish I had some of this info when I was trying to decide. I guess in retrospect I would have done what I did and eventually bought both. Good luck deciding!

st_andrew

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
To be honest I think most people are gonna say you can't go wrong with either one. It won't be a waste of money, in fact it will probably be one of your favorite purchases. Just my opinion

Cavediver

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
...On the flip side, the fill port of the 3.1 is awful. It requires a needle tip fill bottle and still doesn't work very well which leaves you to have to fill the tank from the top. By doing so, you lose the vacuum inside the tank and will end up with a little leaking. The lite+ has the fill hole on the bottom which works very well with droppers or dripper tips and you're not compromising the vacuum.

I agree with Soulkarve. I'm sure the fill port works great on the authentic Kayfun, but they don't work worth a crap on my clones. Top filling isn't that big of a deal, but I'll be sticking with the lite+ from now on.

danl2633

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I am trying to decide on a lite + or 3.1 for my wife..I have a 3.1 which she likes but I am intrigued by the Lite+. She vapes on a MVP2 and right now is using carto tanks but I am sick of paying $1 a pop for Boges when I can get her an RDA that will vape better and be cheaper in the end.. I think ill be getting her a lite+ and if she doesnt like it. Ill keep it lol.. Thanks for all the good info. Pros cons etc.

Thunderball

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I do like the 3.1 better. It all comes down to that larger air hole. The bigger the air hole, the more vapor/clouds you will get. I have taken the adjustment screw out of all of mine completly.....but I like as much vape as I can get vaping at 3.5 on a 1.1 to 1.2 ohm build. I dont have a huge lung capacity, so I take shorter drags than many vapors......thus....I like the larger air hole. (its just like a carburator on an old hot rod...the bigger the ports, the better the combustion and quicker)

As a disclaimer..I have original serial numbered 3.1 and 3.1 ES and and also a handfull of FT clones and others clones.
I also have some cloned lite pluses/russians. I gave away or sold all of the lite and the russian clones due to the air hole.

To really mess you up, if you like the smaller draw/air hole, the Taifun GT will give you a slightly better taste and the cotton will last longer than any kayfun. But if you want a serious "Hitter"...the 3.1 is the way to go.......Opinions being what they are and all....... Good luck.

PS...Ive never used the fill hoiles...... Open the top and pour it in while your driving....no problemo !!

Bahas

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The kayfun lite+ v2 has a pretty good side air hole in it. Bigger than the previous but a little smaller than the 3.1's.

Liu

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I forgot to mention... On both, I completely remove the airflow adjustment screw so having access to it hasn't been an issue for me. As mentioned above, the adjustment screw on the 3.1 is easier to access. On the flip side, the fill port of the 3.1 is awful. It requires a needle tip fill bottle and still doesn't work very well which leaves you to have to fill the tank from the top. By doing so, you lose the vacuum inside the tank and will end up with a little leaking. The lite+ has the fill hole on the bottom which works very well with droppers or dripper tips and you're not compromising the vacuum.

The needle tip fill bottles don't work on the 3.1. A luer-slip syrynge tip (pink/20ga) fits the fill port perfectly. These tips will fit over some squeeze bottles, but I just keep a dosing syringe in my build box.

alex31804

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
i have a ehpro kfl lite (i believe v2) for my adv. Im a mouth to lung kind of person unless im dripping (im odd i know), and it was too airy all the way closed for me. To remedy this i had to wrap the screw with teflon tape to get a better seal. Just something to keep in mind if your a mouth to lung vaper.

Gonzi

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I have a Russian 91, a Kayfun Lite clone and a black lite plus clone. I love them all. I never tried the 3.1 since I always considered the catch cup and the fill valve wasted space.

My Russian 91 has the best airflow of the 3 and is the only one that has absolutely no wistle.

st_andrew

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I Just purchased the kayfun 3.1 by hcigar. I have only been using the 3.1 for about 4 days. That said I like the kayfun lite plus v2 by ehpro. I like the lite better because it's got a better fill port, easier build deck ( my opinion), easier to get right. The 3.1 I'm still trying to get that perfect sweet spot.

Liu

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Eh, the overflow cup is pretty much a useless thing I have to remember to clean once in a while, but the side fill valve is great assuming you can find the syringe tips that fit it. I absolutely hate unmounting a tank from my mod when I'm out of the house, and top fill is just as irritating for only getting a half-tank full.

The trick to the 3.1 fill valve is to follow the instructions on not using a needle tip bottle, you rend the valve spring out of alignment or cut the little O-ring pretty easily.

I've got two of the Ehpro KFL now. Same build, really, just better heads on the screws than on the Hcigar 3.1. But those are easy enough to replace. Airflow on the Lite is considerably tighter than the 3.1 will the screw removed, unless you leave a gap between your mod and atty and pull the screw entirely. Otherwise, leave it in, the screw is short enough that when backed out flush with the base, the airflow is as open as it gets, and it'll help keep minor post-flood drip from seeping down into your 510.

st_andrew

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

ajaymes2001

Member For 5 Years
I have both, I like both. EH Pro made the 3.1, ToBeCo made the KFL+. Both have their pros and cons, but both work very well.

The deck on the KFL is a tad easier to work with, the airflow isn't quite as good. If you leave the bottom airflow screw out and a gap between the atty and mod, the KFL does good enough. Bottom fill is an A+.

The deck on the 3.1 is insulted further up the block than the KFL, the plus being no left over juice in between blocks when changing flavors. The airflow on the 3.1 is heads over tails better than the KFL with the screw removed. That's with the screw backed off to it's most open stance without being removed on the 3.1. I don't use it without the screw as it is too much airflow at this point.

It's worth noting that I vape 70VG with these, so the clouds are pretty nice. IMO, you can't really go wrong with either one.

VU Sponsors