Become a Patron!

Kayfun Mini V3 - my small review/story

zeev

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Hello vapers,
This is a small review and story with the new kayfun mini v3
Few months ago i bought tobeco kf4 clone and i didnt like it too much, flavor and vapor was muted to say the least.
when i saw the Kayfun mini v3 i thought i'll give the authentic a try and also it will be nice to have a small rta that doesn't consume so much juice so i ordered one from sveomesto website.
yesterday it arrived so i built many builds with different ss wires and the flavor i got from it was very very muted.
i tried every angle and cotton size but all i got was a very unsatisfying vape and today i was about to send it back but then...
i decided just before i send it back to try one last time a wicking technique that i never tried before.
instead of prime the wick i just primed very very little the center of the coil and the wick is just resting on the channels.
what a surprise! full.on.flavor and vapor!
very satisfying vape at last. now i'll talk a bit about the tank itself.
everything looks very clean cut and sits nice. airflow is ok but after all it is a mouth to lung rta.
great juice consumption considering the build i use now which is SS304 / V2A 26g/0.4mm 6 wraps 2.5mm inner diameter.
if you are a flavor chaser like me and willing to take the time to learn how to build it then dont hesitate.
just get it! :)

UPDATE 1: after watching this video,
I decided to try the same wicking method with Rayon and with 24 gauge ss304 coil.
Let me tell you, this thing is F.A.N.T.A.S.T.I.C !
no more cotton flavor from the wick and so much more juice hold.
i hope to try it with some clapton coil and will update about it and
also i ordered the steel tank number 3 which holds 4.2ml of juice so i'll update with a photos once i get it.
now i can stop spending my money on a tanks that has the great feature of bad quality control.
excluding my beloved griffin tank which is also pretty good but no way near this fabulous little rta.
Vape on! :)

UPDATE #2: 8 wraps of 26 gauge SS coil with Rayon wick and this thing rocks!
UPDATE #3: I removed the POM-C insulator (I cannot understand why they use POM and not PEEK) and put a silicon ring from an old nautilus coil head and a small piece of peek insulator from a subtank mini rba+ head as a support.
going strong at 35-40W with a 30pg/70vg juice (few drops of distilled water to help the wicking)

Last edited:

VinnySem

Silver Contributor
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Nice review! I gotta say I love my KFV4 clones. I didn't get Tobeco's, some other ones off eBay. Had some initial issues (they're my first RTAs), and I ordered some correct size higher quality o-rings because I periodically have some leaking issues. Also ordered better SS grub screws. That being said I should have spent the couple bucks more & got Tobeco's. BUT... after watching Phil Busardo's video and very closely mimicking his build, I absolutely LOVE the flavor I get from this tank. Soooooo smooth & rich. My Atlantis 1's are taking a long nap in a drawer. If/when the Mini V3 gets cloned I may have to grab one or more. I simply can't afford the authentics.

Psychedelic Biscuit

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I just got the clone from focal and its very nice built, the post screws are shit but I put some original K4 screws in and now they work better, still trying to find the perfect build thou. I guess ill try stainless too now, my 0,45mm Kanthal is just too thick for that tiny atomizer.

Rickwhoo

Member For 4 Years
I bought 2 clones and they are great. Very easy to wire and wick and the flavor is terrific. Best part of these is the refilling. With the easy refilling it makes the low 2ml capacity not an issue.

I appreciate this review because I experienced the same muted flavor from this RTA. It just didn't even come close to the great flavor I get from my Kayfun Lite Plus V2. Honestly, I think your experience just priming the center of the coil was really just a coincidence. I can't see any reason priming the entire wick would make any difference as long as it's wicked properly to start with. My guess is that you did something else differently. In my case, I went from a 2mm, 1.5Ω coil to 2.5 and increased the voltage. For some reason, the same build in these tanks needs more power than the KFL to get the flavor going. I'm still working on it. It took my quite a while to find the perfect build for my KFL, and I'll likely have to keep tinkering with this one for a while too.

Frankm

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've been using 3 kayfuns v4 for a while now. 26g Kanthal, 3mm, 7 wraps, ~1.0, jap cotton fluffed, trimmed to just tickle the deck. Great flavor, and can chain vape 50/50 most of the time. S

I use 2 tobeco, one infinity. The infinity is better machined, but has smaller screws. I purchased the replacement screws from fast tech, but the heads were to large. I've used 2 strand twisted 26g on the tobeco' without any trouble.

Waiting to snag a v5 now.

Frankm

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ps: on new ones, wash, coil, wick, fill, let set 24'hours, drain, rewick and give it a try

Frankm

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Machine oil will mute the juice flavor, and is probably bad to vape. Any machine oil missed in the initial wash will dissolve in the e liquid as it sits over night. I suppose it might not be needed if you did a really thorough wash, but i can't seem to really get them clean enough on the first wash. When I drain the tank after 24 hours, I also give them a fast rinse and relube the o rings before rewicking.

Man, now I'm really wanting to try the v3 mini.

Frankm

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My kayfun v5 and v3 arrived yesterday.

I built the v3 first, but something is wrong with the positive side. I can't get an ohm reading, even if I touch both screws with my metal tweezers. I'll have to figure out how to take the + side off the deck and see why it is not making contact. Any tips would be appreciated.

I've been using the v5 for about 24 hours now. The m2l isn't quite as good as the v4. I'm guessing the chimney could be slightly larger. The clone I purchased from k5vapes.com ( I don't remember he brand) is very well machined, and comes with spare parts. I have not picked up any of my v4s since. I built it with my trusty 26g, 3mm, ~1.0 ohm Kanthal build. I will attemp the same build with ss with in a few days. I've yet to build with the ss yet.

VU Sponsors