wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
wondering if this has happened to anyone. for some reason I cant get it to unscrew. it will turn about an 1/8th of an inch back and forth, thats it. I dont mind throwing some vise grips on it, Im not worried about damaging the finish Im just afraid if I force it off Ill break the threads and then be screwed even more than I am. anyone experience this ?

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
By chance it is a Kayfun Lite Plus model?

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
By chance it is a Kayfun Lite Plus model?
I think lol. there are to many. the one where the air flow screw is on the bottom. been reading . guess its a problem with this one ?

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
I know EXACTLY what is going on.

At least in my experience with them, the air flow control screw has a nasty habit of backing its way out especially when new(er) and after you have been inside it tending to coil and wick.

What has happened is that it has backed out just enough to "Catch" and interfere with the removal of the KF.

The only thing I have found is just brute force using pliers to get enough of a grip on the KF to remove it.

With any luck at all, you won't break anything but in the future when you go to attach it to your battery make sure that the screw is not protruding from the bottom of the KF. Just get into the habit of doing this every time you have to install it.

Good Luck to you!

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
I know EXACTLY what is going on.

At least in my experience with them, the air flow control screw has a nasty habit of backing its way out especially when new(er) and after you have been inside it tending to coil and wick.

What has happened is that it has backed out just enough to "Catch" and interfere with the removal of the KF.

The only thing I have found is just brute force using pliers to get enough of a grip on the KF to remove it.

With any luck at all, you won't break anything but in the future when you go to attach it to your battery make sure that the screw is not protruding from the bottom of the KF. Just get into the habit of doing this every time you have to install it.

Good Luck to you!
thanks dude ! appreciate it. this is a new-er one. mine that I have used for a year gave up the ghost a few weeks back so I stole the wife spare kayfun. makes total sense.

BoomStick

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Maybe turn it upside down and vibrate it to get the screw to thread back in a little. Good luck.

MoFasterMo

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Turn it upside down in a water glass and set it on top of a running washer or dryer.
(turn it so it's centered between stops)

VU Sponsors