Become a Patron!

Kayfun V4

compile

Member For 4 Years
That is a pre-order. They won't release them until this Saturday, as per Svomesto. It literally says, "Launching Saturday December 6th." Pretty much identical to everyone else.

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
The clones should appear 30 days later at the price cloud9vaping is selling them for.

tnumbers

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
you're telling me that a clone of the V4 is going to cost $200 USD? Im not so sure about that.

BoomStick

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
A clone that actually works properly won't be cheap. Have you seen how many parts the 4 has? I'm not a clone hater, but they're gonna have a hard time getting this one right I think.

VapedCrusader

Custard Junkie
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
A clone that actually works properly won't be cheap. Have you seen how many parts the 4 has? I'm not a clone hater, but they're gonna have a hard time getting this one right I think.

I think you are underestimating the chinese :)

I bet this will be cloned in the next month or so.. and it will be pretty close.. if not the v2 will be identical - it can't be that difficult to reproduce once they have their hands on the actual authentic

BoomStick

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Oh don't get me wrong, I hope a quality clone is available soon at a reasonable price. I'm just gonna be skeptical until it happens.

wasteyrself

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
There will undoubtedly be a clone out fairly fast, the quality of it will probably be sub-par though. It's going to be one of those things where a manufacturer like SXK/Infinite are going to take their time with it and release it months down the road. There are going be lots of shitty FastTech clones and leak complaints I wager.

M5amhan

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I think you are underestimating the chinese :)

I bet this will be cloned in the next month or so.. and it will be pretty close.. if not the v2 will be identical - it can't be that difficult to reproduce once they have their hands on the actual authentic
agreed this isnt like the squape reloaded, all steel parts on the kayfun 4. ill be waiting on sxk, ehpro, or tobeco to release their clones but id imagine the price would be around $40 at least which is pricey for clones

if svoemesto did something like the erlprinz did i would buy that, but i dont see that happening. so clones it is

VapedCrusader

Custard Junkie
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
agreed this isnt like the squape reloaded, all steel parts on the kayfun 4. ill be waiting on sxk, ehpro, or tobeco to release their clones but id imagine the price would be around $40 at least which is pricey for clones

if svoemesto did something like the erlprinz did i would buy that, but i dont see that happening. so clones it is

I can easily live with 40$ for the clone lol but sadly I think they will be a little bit more expensive right out the gate but we shall see!

M5amhan

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I can easily live with 40$ for the clone lol but sadly I think they will be a little bit more expensive right out the gate but we shall see!
hope not, but you may be right. lotta moving parts on this one and a good quality kfl+v2 is still going for about $30

tnumbers

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
after using my dna40 clone (cloupor) and my kayfun 3.1 clone (Hcigar) and loving it to death, the dna40 and kayfun 4 are the first authentics im willing and going to drop the money on. The dna40 is on its way (supposedly) and im going to be camping websites tomorrow for a kayfun 4. I love their work too much to wait for clones, especially since the cloupor broke, and the dna40 has so much to offer.

TheWestPole

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I don't get the excitement. Even Busardo, a Svoemesto booster, was squirming in his seat to assert that the vape is at best only marginally better than KFL. He even allowed that the margin would not be detectable by most vapers. So way more complicated and expensive and hardly if at all better according to him. Air flow counts for a lot in my book so I would guess it's certainly better. But even with that air flow increase, which Lemo and Erlkonigin have already achieved, it's hard to understand the excitement.

Except in this way: what a beautiful piece of machined SS.

Last edited:

M5amhan

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
after using my dna40 clone (cloupor) and my kayfun 3.1 clone (Hcigar) and loving it to death, the dna40 and kayfun 4 are the first authentics im willing and going to drop the money on. The dna40 is on its way (supposedly) and im going to be camping websites tomorrow for a kayfun 4. I love their work too much to wait for clones, especially since the cloupor broke, and the dna40 has so much to offer.
dna40 is something you dont want a clone of. real time voltage, wattage, and resistance readings along with the temp control is something nearly guaranteed the chinese wont get right. even the regular dna30 clone always had something wrong with it no matter where u got it from. just my opinion if u want a reliable power supply but stainless steel tanks, they can do that and cut the price in quarter

BoomStick

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
If you want a lung hitting, dual coil tank, there are better options. If you want a single coil, mouth to lung tank, Kayfuns are hard to beat. The new one might not perform much better than existing Kayfuns, but the new features are definately an improvement. If I had the money for an authentic 4, I wouldn't hesitate to spend it on one.

tnumbers

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I don't get the excitement. Even Busardo, a Svomesto booster, was squirming in his seat to assert that the vape is at best only marginally better than KFL. He even allowed that the margin would not be detectable by most vapers. So way more complicated and expensive and hardly if at all better according to him. Air flow counts for a lot in my book so I would guess certainly better. But even with that, which Lemo and Erlkonigin have already achieved, it's hard to understand the excitement.

My want for the kayfun 4 is for the ability to build on it without draining the tank, and it being built for top fill. I had to close off my fill port permanently because it would leak and never fill right anyways. Also, i usually have half a tank or more left when the coil needs to be rebuilt/rewicked and i hate having to drain the tank just to refill it in 10 minutes.

nodor

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Not sure about the hype on this one.
They made it with a hundred parts to screw up. Added adjustable airflow that you have to remove and get a screwdriver to adjust. Best part is that it tastes the same as a kayfun ? WTF!! I love kayfuns I have 4 of them myself. Top fill is good now you don't need to carry a screwdriver but overall I won't be waitng for a clone of this one.

Zamazam

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
you're telling me that a clone of the V4 is going to cost $200 USD? Im not so sure about that.
No, not the clone, the real thing. A clone (1 month tops) will be $40-50 if its good.

Zamazam

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I don't get the excitement. Even Busardo, a Svomesto booster, was squirming in his seat to assert that the vape is at best only marginally better than KFL. He even allowed that the margin would not be detectable by most vapers. So way more complicated and expensive and hardly if at all better according to him. Air flow counts for a lot in my book so I would guess it's certainly better. But even with that, which Lemo and Erlkonigin have already achieved, it's hard to understand the excitement.

I've got 2 Lemos. Not nearly the quality of the Kayfun v4, but for $30 each, I'm willing to go cheap and do lung hits on a wide open Lemo with a .5 Ohm build.

nodor

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Zamazam
I agree completely. I don't have a lemo or a billow yet just a orchid v4 which I drilled out to 2.5mm. My style of vaping is much better suited to any of these mentioned attys than the new or old kayfuns. I do still use and enjoy my kayfuns on a sunday evening tho

Zamazam

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I was thinking about the complexity of the Kayfun v4. With all the parts, I think Svoemesto went the uber complicated route to deter the cloners with many parts that need to fit together precisely. Svoemesto knows that the cloners will have a hard time making a clone of any quality with that many precision fit parts.

The standard Kayfun ES3.1 and the Kayfun Lite got the crap cloned out of them because they were relatively simple designs. The massive demand for Kafun's and the expense and scarcity of the authentic drove the clone market wild, now every clone manufacturer has a Kayfun clone line. When I couldn't get a Kayfun lite, I bought a Russian 91% because it was available and quite a bit cheaper than the Kayfun. The Russian was my first Kayfun style rebuild-able. I still use it on my Provari.

BoomStick

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I also considered the anti cloner angle of the design, but I think the features they added kinda forced the complex design. Primarily the juice control. Without that it would be not much different than older versions.

Rommel

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Just watched GrimmGreens video on it, and that thing looks overly complicated. Im gonna pass on this, not my thing.

Zamazam

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Just watched GrimmGreens video on it, and that thing looks overly complicated. Im gonna pass on this, not my thing.
The Russian 2.0 is look more appealing now?

tnumbers

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
The Russian 2.0 is look more appealing now?
I looked at the russian V2, and waited for the kayfun 4 to come out knowing id buy one or the other depending on what they kayfun looked like. And i was way more impressed with the changes made for the new kayfun. Its been ordered, im excited.

Zamazam

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Looks live Vaperev.com placed the sale on hold until either they get them, or can sell a bunch of em some other way.

Zamazam

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
For fat sausage fingers like mine:
3454690_orig.jpg

tnumbers

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Looks live Vaperev.com placed the sale on hold until either they get them, or can sell a bunch of em some other way.
According to vaperev, theyre held up in customs and will be released later. They were my first choice for order, but i went elsewhere to save me the trouble of watching their website constantly to make sure i got one.

M5amhan

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I was thinking about the complexity of the Kayfun v4. With all the parts, I think Svoemesto went the uber complicated route to deter the cloners with many parts that need to fit together precisely. Svoemesto knows that the cloners will have a hard time making a clone of any quality with that many precision fit parts.

The standard Kayfun ES3.1 and the Kayfun Lite got the crap cloned out of them because they were relatively simple designs. The massive demand for Kafun's and the expense and scarcity of the authentic drove the clone market wild, now every clone manufacturer has a Kayfun clone line. When I couldn't get a Kayfun lite, I bought a Russian 91% because it was available and quite a bit cheaper than the Kayfun. The Russian was my first Kayfun style rebuild-able. I still use it on my Provari.
im in the kayfun group on facebook and it seems like they dont have problems with clones bc they admit they cant meet the demand and they understand the high price point. but im sure theyll get a laugh watching the first round of clones come out lol

InMyImage

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
For fat sausage fingers like mine:
3454690_orig.jpg
Is this from the Russian v2? I just noticed that the holes on the side are threaded which might be interesting if you can plug the other side for catching the leads.

tnumbers

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Is this from the Russian v2? I just noticed that the holes on the side are threaded which might be interesting if you can plug the other side for catching the leads.
No, thats a kayfun 3.1. And yes, those are threaded.

2ndInCommand

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Love those screws Zamazam. I got those and the plastic bottom ones for my Russians, eliminated all my issues with those. As far as the kayfun4, I just don't know. I'd love to have a few, got like 4 other kayfuns, but 200 bucks? I mean unless this thing makes its own juice when I run low, I'm just not feeling it. I think they priced it that high so it would be more than the squape and erlk. If it's more, it must be better, correct? I'd like to have a couple, but think I'd like to make my car payment more.

BoomStick

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
If you consider all the designing and engineering involved, the materials used, the precision machining and finishing of all the numerous parts, and all other business related expenses for a smaller company and the fact that the actual manufacturing happens in Germany, price seems about right.

Zamazam

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Hmm, $180 for a rta is way too steep for me. I think the clone empire is gonna have to work overtime to get the clones right.

tnumbers

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
As someone who has friends on the manufacturing side of things, they are quite expensive to have machined. Especially when theres so many pieces. More pieces = more machining = higher cost. So they have to raise the price per unit to be able to maintain the same level of profit to be able to afford doing another batch, while still being able to hand the business end of everything.

Zamazam

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
As someone who has friends on the manufacturing side of things, they are quite expensive to have machined. Especially when theres so many pieces. More pieces = more machining = higher cost. So they have to raise the price per unit to be able to maintain the same level of profit to be able to afford doing another batch, while still being able to hand the business end of everything.
Or outsource 3/4 of the machining to China and do the last bit and assembly in Germany.

tnumbers

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
This is true, but im not sure how difficult it would be to get it machined in a quality manner while using the materials he wanted specifically. I mean, can you trust china not to cut corners and mess up your product?

InMyImage

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Given how quickly China had clones out, I have to wonder how much they are having done in China and if they are licensing the design to get a piece of the clone pie?

tnumbers

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I can order a clone right now from fasttech. I dont have the authentic i ordered yet.

Jesus H fuck, canada got it to USPS in 2 days. USPS has had it for 9 days and its still not here.

Last edited:

VU Sponsors