Become a Patron!

Kayfuns & Taifuns killing my Efest IMR's.

Daniel

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Greetings sprotsfans!! Got something on my mind this evening I want to lay on you for some advice. As you know, I'm a big fan of the Kayfun Lite Plus, & the Taifun GT's. On 2 of my mods, my Cool Fire 2, and SVD, I have been using the Efest IMR 18350 batteries, when I'm just around the house, but I've started noticing that I'm not really getting any decent time out of these batteries at all. So I think my Kayfuns and Taifuns are eating them alive, and seriously killing any charge time I have.

Should I go to a bigger amp battery, maybe the 30 amp or what? Seems like I'm changing batteries every 2 hours. I know my charger is good, I have a Nitecore D4 Digicharger, & it is brand new. So what do you guys suggest I do?

Daniel....

Thunderball

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
In my experience: AW batteries will out perform Efest by a long shot. You will think that they are the same for the first month or so. Also the Efest will be short lived by comparison to an AW. I have both and a household of three vapers. At best an Esfest 18350 will last 4 to 6 months or so of every day use charging a couple times a day. An AW will last a year and a half going on to two years. They will outprform the Efest on a daily basis as well. Dont be fooled by a higher rated Mah. The "fire" brands are all crap, try not to buy anything with the name fire in it.

I dont know of any other makers of 18350 at the moment. If Panasonic or Sanyo or MNK made some, I would certainly give them a try. Dont know of any.

I dont have any experience with the Cool Fire, but the SVD I know well. That is your main battery killer. When the SVD was new and we all got them "on the other forum".....and we all discussed them, It was figured out that the SVD just sucks the life out of batteries. Dont know why.

Also something to consider is that if you have a VV / VW mod choice, the VW mode will drain the battery more than the VV mod because it always "adjusting itself" to keep that setting you have chosen. At least that is true with an SVD and a high dollar Semovar. Probably true for all of them.

Just a note: Im not bad mouthing an SVD. We have two of them that have lasted since they were new to vaping (a year and a half maybe ?). I keep lending them to new vapers and they will eventually get their own gear and give them back They still work fine.

Hope this helps and sorry if Im very opinionated about the AW's. They are just stellar performers.

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
What wattage are you vaping at?

Remember 18350's are only rated at 800 mAh

For use with an RBA I use 18650 batts.

But I just may try to use one of my Kayfuns on my Vamo with an 18650 to see what happens and for how long just for shits and grins!

Reactions: jae

Daniel

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Hey Unc..
Haven't heard from you in a few days, I was getting concerned. How did the Mrs. trip go? As for my wattage, I'm always trying to stay lower than 12.0, mostly around 11 to 11.5. I was just trying to get away with using the 18350's around the house, and keep a lower profile on the SVD. But I know now I can't do that. So, off to Ebay I go, in search of some AW batteries. And after using the Taifun for a few days now, I sorta think I get just a tad better flavor from the Kayfuns. I know I have a tighter draw on the Kayfuns. Just can't get that little stem to stay up high enough or close enough to the coil....but I still love the tank, don't get me wrong, and I'd love to have another, I'm just making an observation of some sort,..hehehehe.

I thought about trying to get my hands on a couple of drip tips that have a smaller opening, allowing for a tighter draw. Do you have an opinion on that? I'll take all the help I can get...lol But anyway, I've been thinking about making a couple of my own juices, but it won't be many because I'm only hooked on 2 or 3 right now. And I really can't afford to have 25 Kayfuns sitting around to have juices in them, lol my 3 I have now are doing fine. So I'll maybe get to holler at ya tomorrow, and discuss more of the finer arts of vaping....hehehe

Daniel

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
In my experience: AW batteries will out perform Efest by a long shot. You will think that they are the same for the first month or so. Also the Efest will be short lived by comparison to an AW. I have both and a household of three vapers. At best an Esfest 18350 will last 4 to 6 months or so of every day use charging a couple times a day. An AW will last a year and a half going on to two years. They will outprform the Efest on a daily basis as well. Dont be fooled by a higher rated Mah. The "fire" brands are all crap, try not to buy anything with the name fire in it.

I dont know of any other makers of 18350 at the moment. If Panasonic or Sanyo or MNK made some, I would certainly give them a try. Dont know of any.

I dont have any experience with the Cool Fire, but the SVD I know well. That is your main battery killer. When the SVD was new and we all got them "on the other forum".....and we all discussed them, It was figured out that the SVD just sucks the life out of batteries. Dont know why.

Also something to consider is that if you have a VV / VW mod choice, the VW mode will drain the battery more than the VV mod because it always "adjusting itself" to keep that setting you have chosen. At least that is true with an SVD and a high dollar Semovar. Probably true for all of them.

Just a note: Im not bad mouthing an SVD. We have two of them that have lasted since they were new to vaping (a year and a half maybe ?). I keep lending them to new vapers and they will eventually get their own gear and give them back They still work fine.

Hope this helps and sorry if Im very opinionated about the AW's. They are just stellar performers.

Thunderball,
I appreciate the info on the batteries, with me being reasonably new at vaping, I'm still learning alot of things. I'll go look for some AW batteries, and add them to my collection of Efest batteries. I do need a stronger battery, if my SVD is a battery killer, and I do always prefer a VW setting, it just seems to give me the best taste out of my juices... So, hopefully I won't have to be changing them every 2 hours. I have been running at about 10.5 to 12.0 watts, so that might have been hurting them too. I have a couple of the 18650's, so I might just start running them all the time too instead of the 18350's.

Daniel

Saddletramp1200

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
What wattage are you vaping at?

Remember 18350's are only rated at 800 mAh

For use with an RBA I use 18650 batts.

But I just may try to use one of my Kayfuns on my Vamo with an 18650 to see what happens and for how long just for shits and grins!
RJ I use Kayfun 3.1 & Russian 91% on my Vamo V5's The 18650 lasts about 1/2 a day. I only have them @4.2v @ 3W.

Dhim

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reviewer
Member For 5 Years
What resistance are the coils you're building for the tanks? 18350s are pretty bad for battery life in a mechanical. They are also not too spectacular in regulated. Its certainly for short stints and compact. Battery composition is far superior in 18650s. In amp rating, mah for the size, and overall performance. Only very rarely do I bring out the 18350s as they are kind of lackluster overall.

I hope that changes eventually as some of these mechs look terrific in 18350 mode.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Me, I use my SVD with stacked 18350's. Using both AW 700mAh and Efest 800mAh batteries.
Actually, I find the Efest out-last the AW in my usage. Both sets are also well over a year old.

But, I'm vaping at 10W with around a 1.8 - 2.4 ohm load. ;)

Daniel

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Just as an experiment, I changed from running at 10.5 watts to 5.2 v., and I seem to notice a change in the taste. I could be wrong, I usually am, but I gotta give something different a try. Always thought wattage gave the best flavor, but not so sure now....and my coil resistance is at 1.2.

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Ah, you have the newer SVD then. Mine is the old firmware one that won't fire below 1.3 Ohms.

Daniel

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Ah, you have the newer SVD then. Mine is the old firmware one that won't fire below 1.3 Ohms.
Yeah, I believe so. And I tried increasing the v. to 5.6, and I think it increased the flavor also. It's just so confusing, I'm getting a headache trying to figure it out...lol

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Yeah, I believe so. And I tried increasing the v. to 5.6, and I think it increased the flavor also. It's just so confusing, I'm getting a headache trying to figure it out...lol

Hmm, I take it you haven't used just VV before?

More voltage = a hotter coil either way. VW is just a cheat so ya don't have to figure out the Volts yourself. You stick it on a wattage and it regulates the volts needed for that resistance for ya.

Until ya burn the juice, it'll be more flavor and vapor, yeah. :)

VU Sponsors