Become a Patron!

Keep getting burnt taste :(

I just started vaping 2 weeks ago and i have ran into problems from the very beginning.
The local vape shop adviced med to buy a joyetech qubox kit which i certanly wasnt satisfied with. Other than the burnt taste the quality of the tank was horrible.
But back to the burnt taste. On the Qubox i think i have changed coils 3 times within a week. I finally went back to the shop who was kind enough to take it back and i got an Aspire Zelos with nautilus 2. After 1 hour i was again hit with the burnt taste.
So burnt taste with several coils and 2 different ecig's????
I use a 50/50 18mg liquid and it tastes fine on my wifes qubox. I make sure to fill and let it sit for 10 minuttes. I do some dry hits and blows and let it sit. When i begin vaping after 10 minuttes it tastes fine and i can hear that subtle boil hissing. After a while the sound goes silent and the bad taste begins to come.
I dont know what to do :(
Also are the coils done? Can they be saved. Cleaning some how?

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I just started vaping 2 weeks ago and i have ran into problems from the very beginning.
The local vape shop adviced med to buy a joyetech qubox kit which i certanly wasnt satisfied with. Other than the burnt taste the quality of the tank was horrible.
But back to the burnt taste. On the Qubox i think i have changed coils 3 times within a week. I finally went back to the shop who was kind enough to take it back and i got an Aspire Zelos with nautilus 2. After 1 hour i was again hit with the burnt taste.
So burnt taste with several coils and 2 different ecig's????
I use a 50/50 18mg liquid and it tastes fine on my wifes qubox. I make sure to fill and let it sit for 10 minuttes. I do some dry hits and blows and let it sit. When i begin vaping after 10 minuttes it tastes fine and i can hear that subtle boil hissing. After a while the sound goes silent and the bad taste begins to come.
I dont know what to do :(
Also are the coils done? Can they be saved. Cleaning some how?

What wattage is your Aspire mod set on?

How many airholes are open?

How long are your puffs?

How quickly are you taking one puff after another?

Its set on 20 watts i have 2 air holes open and i puff around 2 seconds also i puff around 5 times before i let it rest for a time
the 5 puffs happens within a minutte i think.
I just changed coil and i dripped 5 times into the hole and and pushed some liquid into the side holes. Let it rest for 15 minuttes.
Worked fine so far since last night.

Ishkabibble

Gotta eat the lettuce
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Typically what I did with Aspire (and general pre-builts) and drip in the center of the coil (not installed) and let it soak up into the cotton. Then repeat until the cotton can't hold any more juice and becomes translucent in the juice holes of the coil. I probably blame the old Crown coil days for this but I haven't used pre-builts in quite some time. But the key for me was not just dripping on the outside of the coil where the juice holes were, but to start from the center and only the center so that way I knew if I saw the cotton saturated in the juice holes, it's ready to rock.

There is a lot of cotton packed tightly in there and in my experience just a few drops and off to the races yielded a bad time.

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Its set on 20 watts i have 2 air holes open and i puff around 2 seconds also i puff around 5 times before i let it rest for a time
the 5 puffs happens within a minutte i think.
I just changed coil and i dripped 5 times into the hole and and pushed some liquid into the side holes. Let it rest for 15 minuttes.
Worked fine so far since last night.

Ok, hope it keeps working, 20 watts is higher than I would use it, I would go between 12-15. Even one dry hit will ruin the taste, so go lower to avoid that

VU Sponsors