Keeping track

SusanP4

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I like my flavors. Right now I'm carrying 3 Nautilus minis with 3 different flavors to the office.

How do you keep track of what flavor is in what tank?

I'm using tiny slivers of masking tape with the name written in a sharpie precision. It isn't pretty and if I get juice on the outside of the tank, it comes off.

Solutions?

A first world problem.

Cruel-Phate

Just Thomas
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I just use different type/colored drip tips to represent a flavor and mark bottles same color as drip tip, I keep 5 flavors going so I just look up on my shelve to see what's what, works for me :)

kelli

Vapid Vapetress
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I like my flavors. Right now I'm carrying 3 Nautilus minis with 3 different flavors to the office.

How do you keep track of what flavor is in what tank?

I'm using tiny slivers of masking tape with the name written in a sharpie precision. It isn't pretty and if I get juice on the outside of the tank, it comes off.

Solutions?

A first world problem.

i use a spot of nail polish on the base of the clearo, and on the bottle of corresponding juice. i have a ton of different colors so i can have lots of different flavors loaded up. :)

SusanP4

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Color coordination! Duh. Y'all are so smart.

BoomStick

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Tiny little hair bands. Those things that are basically super small rubber bands that come in different colors. Not permanent and not tape and a sharpie. ;)

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
I believe in the Kiss Principle.

I have one RBA loaded with tobacco and another loaded with everything else.

So I only have two flavors to remember.

In the Tobacco RBA I alternate between like 5 flavors.

In the Everything Else RBA I alternate between like 20 flavors.

My taste buds have the final vote on what is in each of them.

And the "Buds" ALWAYS win!

Ld3441

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
My KISS method is a bit different than yours.
If I only had 2 tanks, I'd have to change them too often.
My method requires many tanks and mods.

Different drip tips/mods work good for tanks.
Then I have my REO bottles labeled just like my other bottles.
I need lots of choices!
My taste buds get finicky. :oops:

I've tried differentiating using drip tips as well as small, colored rubber bands.... Drip tips didn't do it, 'cuz I can have 10 or more "working" tanks going (because I'm eternally friggin' FIDDLING around w/DIY recipes) and I like to switch out drip tips a lot and would forget which one was originally on which tank......and the rubber bands didn't work out because I'd accidentally take them off while my brain was in the ether somewhere (talking on phone, etc.).

Soooo.....my solution was,,,,,, :::drum roll::: STICKERS!!!!!! Gosh, I'm so dang smart sometimes, I scare me <grin> . I started out with some of those foil star stickers we used to get on our papers on school, but found that nowadays there are TONS of other options available in itty bitty stickers. I just peel two off a sheet, stick one on my tank and one on the bottle and can always match up what's what.

Coupla notes though, if anyone else wants to try this..... a) wipe tanks/atty//bottle, etc., with iso. alcohol to clean the surface so the label will stick (and even doing this, I've found a couple of types that just won't stick...guess it just depends what labels are made of), and b) If you need to clean or further steep something, put a piece of tape over the sticker so it is less likely to fall off (naturally figured this out after putting 5 bottles at once in the ultrasonic and having not only the stickers fall off, but all my bloody labels denoting content of bottle...AND they were all similar minty/menthol flavors).... DIY is SO much fun. ROFLMAO

Ooops, almost forgot......I also learned that instead of using one of those greasy, citrus type cleaners to get sticker and/or label adhesive residue off bottles, tanks, etc., 91% iso. alcohol works great.

VU Sponsors