Become a Patron!

Kids/Tweens

Sub-Ohming Potato

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
What IF. There's a kid, maybe a 15 year-old that vapes, but knows more and better than you? A kid who knows ohms law, v-drops, building etc. Would you help/support that kid?

OldGrump

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I would rater a kid vape than smoke any day. I started smoking @ 13 I wish vapes were around then

Moving towards a tobacco free World!

Sub-Ohming Potato

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I would rater a kid vape than smoke any day. I started smoking @ 13 I wish vapes were around then

Moving towards a tobacco free World!
As RiP said, Vaping is the Future. I felt embarrased earlier this morning as I met that kid. He knows better than me. And I thought I'm the brightest dude around our town

Reign

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
I would support him in secret, but I would offer no help to him and even try to sway him from doing so until they were of age. I believe it's safer than smoking and I smoked when I was under age, if the option were available I hope I would have chose vaping. But in my humble opinion it's not about what other vapers would it's what non-vapers would think. And a 15 year old is most likely not concerned with that at all and will not be vaping in a way to shield us from that stereo-type of luring in kids with flavored clouds. And underage smoking was a totally different beast that industry was already well secured with centuries of support as an accepted evil with their billions and billions of dollars buying them all the support with the right people they needed. As vapers in a fairly new industry we are not afforded the same bias that they were/are.

We've already seen the news stories about kids picking up vaping and it is never reported how it's a safer alternative rather always reported as an unknown variable and possibly more dangerous than smoking. Those kind of ridiculous media spins will only continue if we publicly encourage underage people to vape regardless of our beliefs and doing so is only shooting ourselves in the foot as whole.

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
What IF. There's a kid, maybe a 15 year-old that vapes, but knows more and better than you? A kid who knows ohms law, v-drops, building etc. Would you help/support that kid?

If they know more than me they wouldn't need my help. So, I doubt they would ask for my help.. I wouldn't offer help, except maybe to prove that they don't know as much as they think they do.. All that technical stuff promises you a safe vape, not a great vape.. That's an art.

Besides here in California it might be illegal to help the kid, anyway.

VU Sponsors