Become a Patron!

King Of Clouds Organic Cotton wicking material STAY AWAY FROM IT!

jack

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Thanks for the head up . Seems like a resin or plastic as said above .

Tom950

VU Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
look at that shit burn

That looks like that crap that is in a cigarette butt. Am I the only one who has ever taken a cigarette butt a part? It is stringy and looks just like that. I'm totally convinced the way it spreads apart and burns. Someone go take a cigarette butt apart if you have one laying around or a family member still smokes.

Last edited:

Midniteoyl

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Almost looks like polyester..

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
That looks like that crap that is in a cigarette butt. Am I the only one who has ever taken a cigarette butt a part? It is stringy and looks just like that. I'm totally convinced the way it spreads apart and burns. Someone go take a cigarette butt apart if you have one laying around or a family member still smokes.

Cigarette filters have fiberglass in them. Fiberglass doesn't "burn".

They USED to have cotton for most filters, but big daddy government put an end to that.

hazozita

Bronze Contributor
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It looks like Pima cotton, which has long, silky fibers, and is a decent wicking material. However, the fact that this absorbs hardly any water when dunked right into a glass of water suggests it's something altogether different.

I got it -- it's the wick you use for juice you don't like. It repels the juice so you don't have to taste it!

ghost62

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My wife works for a company that makes mascots. I swear I've seen this exact stuff in the shop. She called it carded poly-fil.
Most definitely NOT organic.

That is NOT cotton, not even PIMA cotton. The staple is almost continuous, cotton staple at best is no longer than 3". Not even PIMA is shiny like that, only mercerized cotton is shiny like that, but then the staple is all the wrong length. Did it smell like burnt hair? Does the "cotton" in the package have a "sheepy" or lanolin smell? Or was it straight up plastic, like nylon. Cellulose or rayon is very absorbent, nylon is not. But when you did the burn test it was almost burning more like a protein than a plastic. It smoldered and wasn't too smokey.

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I'm thinking this stuff is polyester batting. Polyester fibers are Hydrophobic, just like what was shown on the video. The black specs in the material are a side effect of the process making the polyester fiber.

wally

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
This is not cotton and this kind of thing is what destroys the industry you can bet it will be used against us probably hear about in the news stating that this is the kind of stuff we are dealing with and how dangerous vaping is. Looks like plastic, plastic repels water. I left them a message (not very nice).Could this be a plant to make the industry look bad because if you vape you have to know this is none working crap??

vaperature

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Cigarette filters have fiberglass in them. Fiberglass doesn't "burn".

They USED to have cotton for most filters, but big daddy government put an end to that.
I guess you never accidentally lit a cigarette that you put in your mouth backwards then. Of course cigarette filters burn, they catch fire, melt and stink.

vaperature

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Just watched the video. WTF?

BoomStick

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
My son is a student at North Carolina State University and is in the textiles program. He's taken classes and been tested on basic fiber identification. He could verify what that stuff actually is quickly and easily. If anyone has some and wants to end the speculation by getting actual verification, pm me and I'll give you my address so you can send me a sample. I'm sure he could have one of his professors help him so test results would be accurate.

ResistaΩce

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
ok that video made me 2nd guess my angel hair cotton that's been sitting in my vape gear for some time. I did the soak n burn test and mine went up in a ball of fire... fweeewww... though maybe I was sold some mattress stuffing as in that video. Ill stick with my Japanese cotton, thank you.. :)

Great thread +1

I want to thank Smokie for sharing my video and getting the word out about this stuff!

After i tried it and realized that this "stuff" could be dangerous i thought about just tossing it but i felt it was up to me to make the review and get the word out about this stuff and to warn people before it made its way into the vaping community.

I wish i had a exact answer for everyone as to what it actually is but i dont at this time. All i can say is from my little tests i did in the video, The taste and The texture of this stuff, That it is NOT as advertised, It is not 100% organic, non-chemcal-, Cotton.

I did decide to hold onto the 2 canisters so that i could find a few people who could actually test it "the right way"

I am willing to send someone a large piece of it for testing, as long as you are in the states. I will NOT send it though if you plan on just vaping on it, I do not want to send anyone this stuff if they have intentions of using it in a atomizer.

Thanks again guys for supporting my video and getting the word out. I still am creeped out that i used this stuff a few times and just wondering, What the hell did i just put into my body"?

If anyone has a proper way of testing this "stuff" feel free to email me your info and i will happily toss some into a bubble wrap envelope and mail it over free of charge. VapnFagan @ gmail

Thanks guys/gals
Vape on and Be safe!

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I want to thank Smokie for sharing my video and getting the word out about this stuff!

After i tried it and realized that this "stuff" could be dangerous i thought about just tossing it but i felt it was up to me to make the review and get the word out about this stuff and to warn people before it made its way into the vaping community.

I wish i had a exact answer for everyone as to what it actually is but i dont at this time. All i can say is from my little tests i did in the video, The taste and The texture of this stuff, That it is NOT as advertised, It is not 100% organic, non-chemcal-, Cotton.

I did decide to hold onto the 2 canisters so that i could find a few people who could actually test it "the right way"

I am willing to send someone a large piece of it for testing, as long as you are in the states. I will NOT send it though if you plan on just vaping on it, I do not want to send anyone this stuff if they have intentions of using it in a atomizer.

Thanks again guys for supporting my video and getting the word out. I still am creeped out that i used this stuff a few times and just wondering, What the hell did i just put into my body"?

If anyone has a proper way of testing this "stuff" feel free to email me your info and i will happily toss some into a bubble wrap envelope and mail it over free of charge. VapnFagan @ gmail

Thanks guys/gals
Vape on and Be safe!
I think @BoomStick offered up his son's testing since he is in school for textiles.

BoomStick

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Read my first post and pm me if interested. NCSU has the best textiles program in the world.

Tcar

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Not fiber expert by any means but it looks like PE fibers aka polyester.

Rayon, cellulose acetate, cotton are all hydrophilic, ie they love to soak up water. They burn cleaner, cotton cleanest of all.

Polyester is hydrophobic ie it hates to soak up water, and burns nasty like that.

These turds need to be outed.

Last edited:

No Ash More Cash

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Little unknown fact...If cotton is grown in the US it's probably GMO and has "Round-up" DNA in it :(... now with this stuff... if it smells like Chem/plastic when burnt it probably is...As the saying goes...if it smells like shit...BTW thanks for the heads up @SMOKIE

Last edited:

Tcar

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I would rather vape diacetyl on genetically engineered cotton (as long as it's clean and untreated) grown on the Isle of Doctor Moreau while watching Jurassic Park than vape that stuff.

People get all bent out of shape over GMO (it's unnatural!) Without realizing that most of our food crops and animals are far far away from what they started as thousand of years ago through selective breeding.

Every commercial turkey produced in the world aside from a few heritage breeds has to be artificially inseminated. Field corn cannot reproduce without humans.

http://www.marketplace.org/topics/l...rkey-probably-product-artificial-insemination

Last edited:

VapedCrusader

Custard Junkie
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I dunno guys.. it looks really tasty to me..

The sound your body makes when its just eroding from the insides is actually quite soothing from what I hear..

BoomStick

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Selective breeding isn't the same as using chemicals and drugs on plants and animals. One guides nature over time, one is not natural at all and has immediate effects. I'm not saying either is or isn't ok, just that comparing them is an apples and oranges thing.
Saying that fibers made from petroleum by products are natural fibers grown from dirt is a whole other story. Hopefully that's not what's going on here.

Last edited:

No Ash More Cash

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
My son is a student at North Carolina State University and is in the textiles program. He's taken classes and been tested on basic fiber identification. He could verify what that stuff actually is quickly and easily. If anyone has some and wants to end the speculation by getting actual verification, pm me and I'll give you my address so you can send me a sample. I'm sure he could have one of his professors help him so test results would be accurate.
You should email/message the guy in the video with this info...That if he hasn't chucked the stuff out already

No Ash More Cash

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years

Thanks guys/gals
Vape on and Be safe!
What boomstick said here http://vapingunderground.com/thread...material-stay-away-from-it.48389/#post-274822 ...I would have said a quick test would be to add a little food coloring to it so see how much it really absorbs but I think the water test pretty much did that anyway...That would be more for the cam and us viewers

Last edited:

No Ash More Cash

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Selective breeding isn't the same as using chemicals and drugs on plants and animals. One guides nature over time, one is not natural at all and has immediate effects. I'm not saying either is or isn't ok, just that comparing them is an apples and oranges thing.
Saying that fibers made from petroleum by products are organic fibers grown from dirt is a whole other story. Hopefully that's not what's going on here.
What's organic for one country isn't the same for another...A animal here feed with GMO's or GM plants can be considered "organic" by the FDA and USDA where the rest of the world don't and even go as far as banning them or if allowed Labled ...So anything they say that's "organic" in the US but is really a GMO could have roundup DNA in it...Oh yeah that "organic" alright:rolleyes:

Last edited:

No Ash More Cash

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I meant natural fibers. Stuff that grows.

Edited previous post to say what I meant.
"Stuff that grows" is under interpretation by law when it comes to stuff like this and not how me and you would view it...Just like by law Corporations are considered people but unlike real people Corporations can out live any human and as we know Corporations are not real people :)

Last edited:

BoomStick

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I don't play lawyer ball. I know what plants and people are. Petroleum isn't a plant and a piece of paper isn't a person. I know what you're saying, I just refuse to participate in that kind of nonsense. Douchebag lawyers and politicians can go fuck themselves.

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I don't play lawyer ball. I know what plants and people are. Petroleum isn't a plant and a piece of paper isn't a person. I know what you're saying, I just refuse to participate in that kind of nonsense. Douchebag lawyers and politicians can go fuck themselves.
Personally I would prefer to see them hang on gibbets and heads on spikes... but I am old school that way, put the fear of the people back into them.

No Ash More Cash

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I know and I feel the same way...I'm just pointing out the crap they pull

BoomStick

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Yeah, it's shameful some of the crap going on. They know we're getting wise too. The Internet is helping people expose the truth about a lot of stuff. That's why they're trying to push things like net neutrality. Gotta maintain control of the message. Fucking nazi crooks.

No Ash More Cash

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Yeah, it's shameful some of the crap going on. They know we're getting wise too. The Internet is helping people expose the truth about a lot of stuff. That's why they're trying to push things like net neutrality. Gotta maintain control of the message. Fucking nazi crooks.
You got that man...the internet is our last freedoms and they don't like that shit

Robert B

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Also, their domain name is registered through "Domains by Proxy", a service specifically designed to hide your identity... So, they know they are selling garbage.

domainsbyproxy.jpg

VaperInDisguise

Member For 5 Years
Also, their domain name is registered through "Domains by Proxy", a service specifically designed to hide your identity... So, they know they are selling garbage.

View attachment 12794
That's not always the case, There is a lot of Whois Guards out there and it's all for there own safety.

After watching this video I just had to share it! I would never attempt to take not even one hit from this wicking material.
Sold by http://theroyalcotton.com/ , and https://motavape.com/

That doesn't even look anywhere close to Cotton it looks silky and such.

angus67

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well, that didn't take long. #1 on google search... And Smokie's mug in between some nice bedding..lol

View attachment 12793
Wow! what are the odds of that happening? Did you try to google 5 minutes later to see if you got same results?
This stuff is scary. and is number 1 reason I don't step up ti rebuild. BVC's all day.

VU Sponsors