Become a Patron!

Koh gen do vs puff vs muji?

Jasonfox1988

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Sorry if this is the wrong section!

So im gona buy a big pack of one of these 3. When i looked on amazon i noticed these,

Are there any difference in these 3 at all? Anyone here tryed all 3? I have looked online but cant find anything!
Im a flavour chaser using in my sub tank mini of that helps thnx

happy vaping

NGAHaze

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I don't know about the muji however I've heard (but not experienced myself) that the puffs are very comparable to the KGD. I'm using KGD myself and I like it quite a bit.

Jasonfox1988

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Cheers still dont know what to order lol anyone else? :/

happy vaping

BUDKISS

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
i have heard about Drago cotton too but havent tried it. Usually use KGD

steven7010

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Drago is a good cotton hard as hell to wick but i been using bacon cotton and rayon the blue box and puffs to me i test alot of ejuice so the puffs are great for that but my all day cotton is rayon

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
KGD is what im using...love the stuff

Jasonfox1988

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I bought Muji from Amazon because it was so much cheaper than KGD - I can't tell the difference!
Im glad you say that amanda that has eased my mind abit lol maybe il just buy muji lol

happy vaping

Fenris4024

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I bought Muji from Amazon because it was so much cheaper than KGD - I can't tell the difference!

Same here as well, can't notice a difference in the performance either.

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I just use senshido from Nordstrom... 180 pieces for 12$ figure thats almost a year worth of cotton

outwest

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I've never tried the others, but got my Muji from FastTech and have been happy with it.

Number3124

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'll be the guy who throws out the option that wasn't asked for and say I use rayon. 500' for 11 bucks. Kind of a deal.

robot zombie

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I only have experience with Puff. I've been using the same $6 bag of it since December of last year. It's never done me wrong.

zaroba

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I have Muji, Koh Gen Do, and Shiseido.

Haven't noticed a difference between the Koh Gen Do and the Muji. They taste the same and they look the same.
The Shiseido seems to be a bit denser and processed, haven't used any of it yet.

Amazon also has Labo, Selena, Silcot, Urufuka, and many other brands.
But it should be noted that not all the brands grow their own cotton.
For example, I think it was Shu Uemura that uses Labo cotton.

Breazy_Com

Excellence In Service
VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I personally use KGD. There's a few sellers on amazon. Look for the ones that say fuffilled by Amazon. Damn they even deliver on Sunday !

Pauly Walnuts

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Im coming out of left field here. I have a bit to add that isnt quite to the OP.
Ive used different types of square organic cotton pads and cotton balls. I noticed that when wicking for my lemo2, which is essentially a big sub ohm tank, cotton pads fall flat on their face. Cotton balls seem to have much better 'fast wicking' properties than the cotton pads. For an rda, this doesnt matter much, but for a tank it really makes or breaks your setup.
Hopefully this helps someone.

Jasonfox1988

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Good replies cheers il definitely be ordering muji as it is alot cheaper then kgd

happy vaping

Jasonfox1988

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Im coming out of left field here. I have a bit to add that isnt quite to the OP.
Ive used different types of square organic cotton pads and cotton balls. I noticed that when wicking for my lemo2, which is essentially a big sub ohm tank, cotton pads fall flat on their face. Cotton balls seem to have much better 'fast wicking' properties than the cotton pads. For an rda, this doesnt matter much, but for a tank it really makes or breaks your setup.
Hopefully this helps someone.
When iv used the lemo2 iv never had wicking issues anyways only problem i have with it is lack of flavour compared to mu sub tank min
There is a bid by ppasardo i think his name is and he ran some tests and cotton pads beat cotton balls in every single one wicking being one of them check it out

happy vaping

rolltidevaper

Still here! Just covered up with "life"
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
I use KGD in a couple of builds, (my Rose V2) but I use Pima Cotton (Native Wicks) in everything else. Cleaner flavor, last longer than KGD or even rayon.

Robert B

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have Muji, Koh Gen Do, and Shiseido.

Haven't noticed a difference between the Koh Gen Do and the Muji. They taste the same and they look the same.
The Shiseido seems to be a bit denser and processed, haven't used any of it yet.

Shiseido is all I use anymore. No cotton taste at all.

Pauly Walnuts

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
When iv used the lemo2 iv never had wicking issues anyways only problem i have with it is lack of flavour compared to mu sub tank min
There is a bid by ppasardo i think his name is and he ran some tests and cotton pads beat cotton balls in every single one wicking being one of them check it out

happy vaping
Its very possible that pads wick faster in certain conditions. Though in my experience, using 70-30 juice in a lemo2, the balls work best.

Fenris4024

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Its very possible that pads wick faster in certain conditions. Though in my experience, using 70-30 juice in a lemo2, the balls work best.

While I don't own a Lemo2 (cause the Lemo and the Drop were such letdowns for me), I tend to wick my tank builds with rayon as well, as to me they it seems to hold more liquid to avoid dry hits a bit better, and it seems to wick just as fast for me than anything else. Also, the negative pressure a tank exerts into the head as you draw helps to keep it saturated, so wicking speed isn't that much of a deal for me either.
I watched Phil's vid a long time ago, and saw that the pads wicked better, but I think in a real world application (actively vaping and using/ dripping) its such a minor difference, that you really don't notice it.
Just my opinion of course...

Jasonfox1988

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
While I don't own a Lemo2 (cause the Lemo and the Drop were such letdowns for me), I tend to wick my tank builds with rayon as well, as to me they it seems to hold more liquid to avoid dry hits a bit better, and it seems to wick just as fast for me than anything else. Also, the negative pressure a tank exerts into the head as you draw helps to keep it saturated, so wicking speed isn't that much of a deal for me either.
I watched Phil's vid a long time ago, and saw that the pads wicked better, but I think in a real world application (actively vaping and using/ dripping) its such a minor difference, that you really don't notice it.
Just my opinion of course...
Yes everyone has there own opinion
Iv gone and ordered the PUFF pads as muji is easy to get for me from vape shop and puff pads were alot cheaper so will see how that goes.
I dont have trouble wicking as i use 50/50 juice or 70/30 and iv drilled holes into my subtank mini rba deck to help aswel
And yeah lemo2 is a let down for me aswel and the build deck is hard to work on compare to subtank wana try more builds on it though just cba atm
That said im looking into the kanger starter kit as i want another mod and subtank to make vaping different flavours easier. I was looking at istick 50w but for the deal of that kanger kit seems to good to be true lol

happy vaping

Haadkoe

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'll be the guy who throws out the option that wasn't asked for and say I use rayon. 500' for 11 bucks. Kind of a deal.
Agreed about the rayon.

I used nothing but cotton for the longest time, kgd mostly, some Shiseido, and thought I was in heaven. Kept hearing about rayon but dont have easy access to sallys beauty coil locally that I'm aware of. However, every time I would walk down the hba isle at the grocery store I'd see a bag of rayon cotton balls on the shelf next to the regular cotton balls. Decided to try them, and I'm NEVER going back to cotton. Never.

Jasonfox1988

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Agreed about the rayon.

I used nothing but cotton for the longest time, kgd mostly, some Shiseido, and thought I was in heaven. Kept hearing about rayon but dont have easy access to sallys beauty coil locally that I'm aware of. However, every time I would walk down the hba isle at the grocery store I'd see a bag of rayon cotton balls on the shelf next to the regular cotton balls. Decided to try them, and I'm NEVER going back to cotton. Never.
Nice im gona grab some rayon from my vape shop the weekend see what its all about lol

happy vaping

Haadkoe

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Just be sure that when you wick with rayon you wick it TIGHT for best results. Pretty much as tight as you can get it. Give it a few min for the juice to soak in before vaping. I bet you'll enjoy it.

Jasonfox1988

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Just be sure that when you wick with rayon you wick it TIGHT for best results. Pretty much as tight as you can get it. Give it a few min for the juice to soak in before vaping. I bet you'll enjoy it.
I hope so aha always looking for something better! Ye i noticed people using it very tight cheers il report back what i think

happy vaping

steven7010

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I hope so aha always looking for something better! Ye i noticed people using it very tight cheers il report back what i think

happy vaping
0f45d0f26625efe4e071df1de4c65935.jpg

Make sure its the blue one i hear the purple one has a bad taste idk

Jasonfox1988

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
f29642969f547476f7db31fb1685b6bf.jpg
puff come today not much different but i do think its stronger then muji what iv been using so very happy thnx guys

happy vaping

VU Sponsors