Become a Patron!

KOOPOR plus-TC issues.

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hi people.

I just got my Koopor plus today, and must say, for the price it is good. I was not expecting miracles for its price at all. But-I must say, for the price, it is actually great as a high power wattage box.

But TC mode, my oh my.

The only thing-the temperature is WAYYY off.

I have tried a few different tanks and drippers, and also NI200 and TI, say on my other mods to get 250C, on this it needs to be at around 160C! Above that it dry hits.

I am changing the settings for NI and TI in the menu, and have it set to soft.

I don't mind, as I bought it as just a power box and the TC was a bonus, I saw it as a cheap, high power device to add to the collection that I liked the style of.

I have tried adjusting the coefficient, that has helped a bit, I will try to adjust more to get it in line with my other mods.

But if anyone else has one-do you KNOW the ideal coefficients? (The correct ones work completely wrong and heat it WELL above temperature.)

Thanks everyone, Conan.

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
What a complete IDIOT. I got confused, and had been using a dripper with SS, I forgot I switched most of them to SS, so no wonder it was so far out! Also, the NI200 issue was due to the coils resistance not being read correctly.

I contacted the shop, it's a brand new batch so shouldn't have any issues the previous ones did, and everything was completely my fault!

So, TC actually works perfectly with TI and NI200 at the CORRECT coefficient, I have tested them correctly with a new build of each.

Facepalm moment, but glad it works as it should :).

I have not tested SS-well I have, unknowingly on TI mode, so know that that should work too as it worked rather well with the coefficient and temp reduction, so with the correct coefficient I have my fingers crossed.

Again-there is NO fault with the KOOPOR plus, it was ME at fault getting confused and the first NI200 coil locking at the wrong resistance for some reason.

Super happy with it now, £30 for a dual battery, high power mod box that does TC quite well? Yes please!

VU Sponsors