Become a Patron!

Kraken doesn't fit flush on Caravela

jumper

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I bought the Caravela from Fasttech and my Kraken clone will not fit flush on the mod. Is there a fix for this?

Thanks in advance,
john

BuckToothZombie

Member For 4 Years
Try adjusting the center pin on the kracken.. If its a screw ..screw it in clock ways till its almost flush with the threading..

jumper

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Thanks Buck, unfortunately my Kraken (Fasttech clone) doesn't have a screw on the bottom. I have a Hcigar clone of the Kraken and it will not fit flush either. I went back to using my Stingray (clone) and it fits perfect.

I have seen other Caravela's that came with about 3 different 510 screws to make tanks be flush, but haven't found a place where I can buy the parts. So far, everything I've seen makes you buy the whole mod. Not able to buy only the parts.

BuckToothZombie

Member For 4 Years
Most mods center pin can be adjusted as well ,have you tried that.. Some center pins on the mods are screws... Others you have to unscrew the top and adjust it from the inside.. Some of the ones I have use like a thumb screw to adjust the pin up or down..

jumper

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I do have a pin of the mod, but even when it's screwed in all the way, it doesn't sit flush. I don't understand, but the Kraken sits flush on my Nemesis (clone).

BuckToothZombie

Member For 4 Years
This is up to you and on how bad you want it to sit flush...
You could always pull the pin out of the mod and file it down a little bit.. But remember you can't put back on what you take off..
Pull it out file it down just a bit... Then put it back in and check.. You might have to take it back out a couple times.. But its better to do that then to take off to much and not able to make a connection..

jumper

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Thanks for all the help, but I'm not comfortable going that far to make it fit. I've tried every RBA I have on the Caravela and they all have the gap. I might just see if I can get my money back and try another mod. I'm just happy that it fits on the Stingray. (I said Nemesis before, but I should have said Stingray)..

BuckToothZombie

Member For 4 Years
If all your devices have that gap then I feel pretty comfortable saying the center pin in your mod is to long....
Glad to hear your other device is fitting fine..
Take Care

iLLwiLL

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Don't all velas come with 3 different positive pins? Try taking out the top pin entirely, then thread your kracken onto it, then thread the pin back in till it butts up to your kracken. you might have to use one of the shorter pins that should have come with your mod for your battery to fit snug.

downInTn

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah... I used a dremel with a stone wheel to grind down one of the pins that came with my EHPro Caravela. The other two where too short :| It's still a great mech, hard hitting s.o.b.

Bart

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I found a fix for this on YouTube.

Having just the one center post, you'll need to file it down a little bit, then adjust the difference for smaller batteries using these aftermarket brass nuts (buy at your local hardware store). I'm sure this does affect the voltage a "smidge" but I am planning to do it to mine anyways, as I HATE the gap. Well, that and the stupid sticky lock ring. Just be careful not to take off too much. The nut will need to be on the screw almost entirely. I'd say any less than 3/4 would render too much voltage drop.

It's too beautiful of a mod to not use. My EHPro has been sitting in the box since the lock ring stuck and the gap stares at me.

jumper

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Thanks for the video. But I did find a fix for the Caravela. If you can't get it to fit flush, go to your local hardware store and get a 5mm set screw. Remove the pin in the top cap of the Caravela and put the set screw in. Now all my atty's fit flush.

Thanks for all the help everyone. I really appreciate it :)

Bart

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Glad you got it figured out. That certainly works if you just use one battery brand/size. I have several and lile the dynamic action the aftermarket nut adds

VU Sponsors