Become a Patron!

chrisakasparky

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
anyone one else order one or already have one? What are your thoughts? I bought a set of raymo's clamps, and I couldn't help but buy the KTX to go with the clamps. i figured it'd be the perfect deck for the coils i'll make. :)

mach1ne

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
wooooo its here! i tried to make an alien stagg to put in here a couple nights ago and failed. havnt had time to build anything since. now its here and i wanna use it, but i want a crazy build for it...do i get lazy and just make something easy so i can try it, or do i suffer until i can get a clean set of alien staggs? my heart is too weak for this kind of pressure :gaah:
ktxmfer.jpg

mach1ne

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ktx_3.jpg

quick impressions:
-super easy to build on. i measured the leg length by installing one coil and then just cut the other one to the same length. took the screws right out of the posts and just smushed my coils together (arranged in a 'velocity' kind of way where its not just one coil with both legs on top of the other, but more of an 'x' or 50/50), dropped them into the posts and screwed them down.

-theres lots of airflow. no whistling. pretty smooth. can only turn it down to about 1/3 before the single coil air hole shows up on one side, but for me thats pretty much the sweet spot anyway.

-juice well is vast. hammering juice through the drip tip is a go. potential for leaking seems pretty low, but since you can hammer tons of juice in the top without even looking, i imagine some of us will still over drip at times :teehee:

-comes with a squonk pin. should be pretty great at it based on the juice well and orientation of the deck/posts/pin. i havnt installed the pin yet, but the stock 510 pin sits flush, so it should drain well (assuming the squonk pin is the same length as the normal one).

-the screws are the best. you need a 2mm hex driver, but that means only gorillas will ever strip them. they also have a large knurled top which makes building a bit easier (you can quickly just hand tighten/loosen them while positioning your coils and they always hold them in place. if you manage to strip out the hex on top you can still use pliers to build etc etc, they are fucking great, trust me).

-fits 810 tips. comes with the same ones the og goon came with (wide bore and the tall skinny one). the inner diameter of the two stock tips is the same, so they vape the same (but feel different on the lips obviously). no 510 adapter. one note on the tips, my skinny one had some rough cut/burrs on the bottom side. double check it before you use it.

-i originally put the build above in it and i used it all day. flavor was ok but not great. i figured it was coil placement related because i just screwed them down and used it as it was (centers of the coils were aligned with the bottoms of the screws). turns out they need to be higher. i took a wrap off the coils today and put them back in so the tops of the coils align with the top of the posts. that seems to have fixed the flavor thing. will try to experiment with coil size next time (went with 3mm this time), and maybe try them a bit higher still. (got any input on coil height/position/diameter @raymo2u ?)

im really happy with mine, and im extremely proud of you ray :cheers: all the builders boutique stuff so far is very well thought out, and very well made. your experience and attention to detail really shines through, despite these being your first couple of projects. i cant wait to see whats next.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Thank you @mach1ne for the breakdown!
I always start with 3mm ID on a RDA, especially when they have as much Well/Chamber Room as the KT-X.
For coil placement and getting the best from this RDA do not follow your instincts and put the coil as close to the airflow as you can, put them closer to the posts and lower then you would initially expect. There is a AMAZING video done by Morten Oen on youtube and I am thankful he chose to do the same test on the KT-X (although he had the V1) as hes done to other RDAs. His research is pretty well dug in to and he is committed, watch the video to get a better understanding on how vapor and air travels through the RDA and it may give you an idea of why the odd placement for best quality vape.

CrazyChef v2.0

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Okay, so I broke down and just bought one - Gotta support raymo2u! :D
Ray, are the black ones still in stock or are they on back order?

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Okay, so I broke down and just bought one - Gotta support raymo2u! :D
Ray, are the black ones still in stock or are they on back order?

There seems to only be one Black left in inventory and 15 SS KT-X's left, they will be out of stock for a bit afterwards....I dont make enough yet to have consistent shipment unfortunately.....

Thanks for the support and I hope you enjoy the RDA!!

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
There seems to only be one Black left in inventory and 15 SS KT-X's left, they will be out of stock for a bit afterwards....I dont make enough yet to have consistent shipment unfortunately.....

Thanks for the support and I hope you enjoy the RDA!!
Awesome, just ordered 2 SS

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

chrisakasparky

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I’ve been squonking with my KTX and it works perfectly. This rda looks great and it being so limited really makes me feel like the coolest vaper on the block. Or at least the nerdiest hehe. Also, it’s a natural for all the coils Im making with Raymo’s clamps.
1609f453f105fc43945d203931172d42.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I’ve been squonking with my KTX and it works perfectly. This rda looks great and it being so limited really makes me feel like the coolest vaper on the block. Or at least the nerdiest hehe. Also, it’s a natural for all the coils Im making with Raymo’s clamps.
1609f453f105fc43945d203931172d42.jpg

Damn that's a sexy Minx!

I came late to the game so Black was sold out :(

mach1ne

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thank you @mach1ne for the breakdown!
I always start with 3mm ID on a RDA, especially when they have as much Well/Chamber Room as the KT-X.
For coil placement and getting the best from this RDA do not follow your instincts and put the coil as close to the airflow as you can, put them closer to the posts and lower then you would initially expect. There is a AMAZING video done by Morten Oen on youtube and I am thankful he chose to do the same test on the KT-X (although he had the V1) as hes done to other RDAs. His research is pretty well dug in to and he is committed, watch the video to get a better understanding on how vapor and air travels through the RDA and it may give you an idea of why the odd placement for best quality vape.

so i watched this last night. my second attempt when i raised the coils put them almost exactly where he suggests for 'claptons'. today i re-wicked and dropped them by a mm or two and they are even a little better than before. definitely a good flavor atty now, but quite picky about coil placement. the sapor is the only other atty i have used where flavor can be so different as a result of coil position, but its one of my top flavor atomizers when its set up 'right'. the ktx is up there with it imo.

KingPin!

In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Are the ones on 3FVape and Efun yours as well Raymo?

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Those were the reason there is a 1.5

A "Former" employee sold a mass amount to a few Chinese resellers without permission and the RDA wasn't even fully finished. We had to change up the design a little bit and then release it later, if you have one of each you will see a difference in the machining itself. The KT-X wasnt ever supposed to be sold to china markets.

So the only official version is available from etsy?

chrisakasparky

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The V1 wasnt supposed to be launched, the 1.5 is the Official (permitted) KT-X.
Think of the V1 as a "Blem" version.

Yes the Official is only available through me

And I would add please no one buy these anywhere but his Etsy shop. These are made on a small scale and to take sales away from the creator(s) is plain wrong.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
And I would add please no one buy these anywhere but his Etsy shop. These are made on a small scale and to take sales away from the creator(s) is plain wrong.

I dont really care what people choose to buy, I use clones myself...but the fact I made the RDA $35 when the other RDAs the same manufacturer makes ell for $60, there isnt a real reason to buy the Blem over the Authentic

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I dont really care what people choose to buy, I use clones myself...but the fact I made the RDA $35 when the other RDAs the same manufacturer makes ell for $60, there isnt a real reason to buy the Blem over the Authentic
Yeah forgot to give you a major thumbs up for the price. There isn't a single reason to support the Clone Pirates with the price, but then again there's always going to be cheap bastards who will just to save $5.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
What other RDAs would they be?
Kingtu was the manufacturer of the Original Goons, thats all I can share as they are no longer working with 528. others that are still working with Kingtu cannot be shared.

Kingtu themselves dont sell the RDAs, they make RDAs for other companies, thats what a manufacturing plant does. Companies get their products from Kingtu and then label them for themselves and choose their own prices. While other companies are obviously geared towards products and "High Quality Products", I push for the more conservative "Performance Based Products "that are near "Half the Cost".

I dont have a ton of money to dump into things to make them the best they could be but I have always been good at visualizing things in my head - making changes - then seeing the final outcome before I even start my CAD drawings....I think this is the one of the big reasons the products I make are doing well. If I bought a prototype for every change or few changes, tried it and then made more changes like most companies do I wouldnt even have the clamps finished right now due to cost alone. Im just surprised so many people have grabbed them and loved them, it makes me proud of what I jumped into....I wasnt in it for the money and really this all started because of USAOhmMeters and the fact I wanted some decent gear to use myself...

Last edited:

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Kingtu was the manufacturer of the Original Goons, thats all I can share as they are no longer working with 528. others that are still working with Kingtu cannot be shared.

Kingtu themselves dont sell the RDAs, they make RDAs for other companies, thats what a manufacturing plant does. Companies get their products from Kingtu and then label them for themselves and choose their own prices. While other companies are obviously geared towards products and "High Quality Products", I push for the more conservative "Performance Based Products "that are near "Half the Cost".

I dont have a ton of money to dump into things to make them the best they could be but I have always been good at visualizing things in my head - making changes - then seeing the final outcome before I even start my CAD drawings....I think this is the one of the big reasons the products I make are doing well. If I bought a prototype for every change or few changes, tried it and then made more changes like most companies do I wouldnt even have the clamps finished right now due to cost alone. Im just surprised so many people have grabbed them and loved them, it makes me proud of what I jumped into....I wasnt in it for the money and really this all started because of USAOhmMeters and the fact I wanted some decent gear to use myself...

Thanks for the background ....Good on you for getting this done Raymo...I wish all the best of luck in your endeavours.

Are you planning on using a distributor
In the future to help with easier availability oversees in Europe?

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Thanks for the background ....Good on you for getting this done Raymo...I wish all the best of luck in your endeavours.

Are you planning on using a distributor
In the future to help with easier availability oversees in Europe?
If I can find one thats willing then yes, the problem is I dont have any connections.

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Patinos uses brightwire uk to host its gear over here no idea how they sorted shipping ....maybe directly? ... online shop mainly for the coil building and supplies, I’m pretty sure it’s a solo operation, don’t know much about it apart from it’s where I’ve bought all my patinos stuff from ...shame they aren’t on our forum could ask them haha ...both have email though ..worth a shot just to find out

Stealthvape is another trusted builder site my side of the pond well respected with the uk vape mob

Be good to see your clamps over here they are really good ....made life so much easier

VU Sponsors