Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
I almost pre-ordered it. But I don't (or didn't) know who was going to first have it in stock.
efun.top says "in stock" but I haven't dealt with them or know their practices. I'm in the states so I'll probably wait at least a few days to see if it shows up elsewhere.
https://www.efun.top/vandy-vape-kylin-mini-rta-rebuildable-tank-atomizer.html
Anyone had a prob w/efun? Thing about it is it costs so much for faster delivery and they're already at the higher end of pricing for it. Plus, they say it's going to take 3-5 days to get anything shipped right now.

Who else is getting it and where do you think you'll get it from?

Vic has a nice review of it:
http://vapingunderground.com/threads/vandy-vape-kylin-mini-review-odd-airflow-does-it-work.388110/

Heartsdelight

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Fasttech has it ETA 1/30/18 in 3 days. Using “MAP” it drops to $24.44. Worth waiting for the price difference.

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Fasttech has it ETA 1/30/18 in 3 days. Using “MAP” it drops to $24.44. Worth waiting for the price difference.
Yeah :) already have something in my Fasttech cart. No ship options better than 6-20 days tho.
My luck would be 20.

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Once I go into Fasttech check out, the ship options change. 5-10 days is fastest and it's free. That's better.

Heartsdelight

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Once I go into Fasttech check out, the ship options change. 5-10 days is fastest and it's free. That's better.
Don‘t be misled, at times USA E-packet can take 7 days like during slow periods, for me it was last summer. I was amazed. Usually it takes about 2 weeks. I have an order from Fasttech that shipped on 1/8/18 and still isn’t here yet. But I do realize its not FT fault. It’s free international shipping, sometimes its fast, sometimes not.

I have tried using USA E-packet & First Class Mail Hong Kong Post & sometimes, First Class Mail via Hong Kong Post is faster. The only caveat with FT or Efun.top is make sure the item(s) is in stock & ready to ship.

I have shopped with Efun.top and no issues other than its again International Shipping waiting 2 weeks for delivery is the norm, unless like you stated you pay $$$ for expediated shipping.

Hope this helps ;)

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Don‘t be misled, at times USA E-packet can take 7 days like during slow periods, for me it was last summer. I was amazed. Usually it takes about 2 weeks. I have an order from Fasttech that shipped on 1/8/18 and still isn’t here yet. But I do realize its not FT fault. It’s free international shipping, sometimes its fast, sometimes not.

I have tried using USA E-packet & First Class Mail Hong Kong Post & sometimes, First Class Mail via Hong Kong Post is faster. The only caveat with FT or Efun.top is make sure the item(s) is in stock & ready to ship.
Not mislead ;). I know these ship times from China to US aren't that reliable/consistant. All we can do is choose what we think is best, then wait and see:wait:. So I just picked what from what was available/ looked fastest, which happened to be United States Express ePacket FREE (5 to 10 working days typical).

I plan on owning more than 1. Another China vendor has it as well as UK, and I'm thinkin' someone within a couple days shipping of me will have it next week. Gonna swap chimney/tip colors for a look-see :)

Last edited:

Heartsdelight

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Not mislead ;). I know these ship times from China to US aren't that reliable/consistant. All we can do is choose what we think is best, then wait and see:wait:. So I just picked what from what was available/ looked fastest, which happened to be United States Express ePacket FREE (5 to 10 working days typical).

I plan on owning more than 1. Another China vendor has it as well as UK, and I'm thinkin' someone within a couple days shipping of me will have it next week. Gonna swap chimney/tip colors for a look-see :)
Keep us updated :)

choderfett

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I find it discouraging to shop at places that show an outrageous typical price..

eg. the Kylin Mini @Efun is noted at reg price to be $59.99 while at FastTech its $39.99. Although Efun slashed it down to $36.99 to be competitive and make you feel like you got a deal, they were overpriced to begin with. Plus you get a 20% at FastTech..

I'd go with FastTech and take my chances on the delivery time. They are both coming from China so I doubt there will be much diff once they get to post transit.
PS - my opinion isn't predicated that I've only bought stuff from FastTech

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
I find it discouraging too. That's why I won't be shopping there.
I have an order on the way from FT and another from GB because FT didn't have something.
MyVPro in Michigan shows in stock, but same thing -$39 but save $5 :rolleyes:

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
This RTA is in stock at several US sites now. Looking like $40 or close to it.

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
I have an order on the way from FT
Had to cancel that ^ order. I ordered it 1 or 2 days from availablity, but they changed it to pre-order - 5-15 days out, so who knows.
So picking one up from here in the states.

SkoldVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I use FT too cos I'm in the UK and TPD is a freaking bitch.
It takes 2-4 weeks but it's worth it to not have to use 2ml tanks all the time.
I can go through 5ml in an hour so can't imagine using a 2ml atty all the time.

This Kylin Mini looks pretty promising. I love my og Kylin but it needs a lot of wattage!

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
First time wicking it and here's what I did.
Left the tails about that long, fluffed but not thinned.
20180204_210831.jpg
That's the .3 stock coil.

Juiced it and put the bottom of the tails in the channel, pushed some of the top of the tails upwards so as not to stuff it all in the wicking slots, while tooling it along the channels out of the way of the threads.
20180204_211613.jpg

It's wicking really well this way. Tons of flavor (and clouds). It'll definately be one of my most used RTA's, and yeah, think I'll get another.
That'll make 5 RTA's and 1 RDTA for a rotation, which I wanted,

SkoldVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
View attachment 102562

Juiced it and put the bottom of the tails in the channel, pushed some of the top of the tails upwards so as not to stuff it all in the wicking slots, while tooling it along the channels out of the way of the threads.
View attachment 102563

It's wicking really well this way. Tons of flavor (and clouds). It'll definately be one of my most used RTA's, and yeah, think I'll get another.
Welcome to the rabbit hole ;)

Heartsdelight

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
View attachment 102562

View attachment 102563

How are you finding the sound level while vaping? Some reviewers are saying although the flavor & clouds are on point it is very smooth but loud airflow?

Where did you end up ordering from?

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
How are you finding the sound level while vaping? Some reviewers are saying although the flavor & clouds are on point it is very smooth but loud airflow?

Where did you end up ordering from?
I don't typically draw as hard as someone may see from a reviewer doing a demo. And it [is] smooth :)
I'll always run it wide open. But for intent and purpose -

Wide open: it's not bad really even with a hard pull. I mean, you can hear the wind, but when can't ya. Doesn't seem out of the norm.
25% closed: easy pull is about the same as wide open as far as sound. Hard hard pull, a slight wheeze, I would describe it. Not really a whistle. Not overly loud, the sound is different. As you would expect, the harder you pull the louder it gets.
50% & 75% closed: easy - more of a slight whistle but not loud. Hard- slight whistle goes away a bit. Does it ring out? No. But it's there.

Since @ 50-75% it doesn't have that whistle 100% of the time, a key may be the build/wattage when deciding less than 100% AF

Best I could do with my limited rebuildable experience :idea: Hope that helps.

I ordered it from VaporDNA. They are one state over and I knew shipping could be super fast. Happily it was in USPS hands the same day.

Last edited:

Heartsdelight

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I don't typically draw as hard as someone may see from a reviewer doing a demo. And it [is] smooth :)
I'll always run it wide open. But for intent and purpose -

Wide open: it's not bad really even with a hard pull. I mean, you can hear the wind, but when can't ya. Doesn't seem out of the norm.
25% closed: easy pull is about the same as wide open as far as sound. Hard hard pull, a slight wheeze, I would describe it. Not really a whistle. Not overly loud, the sound is different. As you would expect, the harder you pull the louder it gets.
50% & 75% closed: easy - more of a slight whistle but not loud. Hard- slight whistle and louder. Does it ring out? No. But it's there.

A key may be the build/wattage when deciding less than 100% AF

Best I could do with my limited rebuildable experience :idea: Hope that helps.

I ordered it from VaporDNA. They are one state over and I knew shipping could be super fast. Happily it was in USPS hands the same day.
Thank you very much for your very extensive observation & trying different airflow settings :blowkiss:
I love the rainbow color that you got with the purplish driptip!

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Thank you very much for your very extensive observation & trying different airflow settings :blowkiss:
I love the rainbow color that you got with the purplish driptip!
Your very welcome. Glad to do it.
It's the first rainbow I've bought and I like it too. Next will be black and thinking swap chimney's and tips. I'll have to see how it looks on upcoming mods.
Not the best on this blue mod, looks better in person, but it's all I have since I sold my other 2 Saturday. No man shall live on 1 mod alone:giggle: and have fixes for that. 1 of them should be here Wed if they get off their ass and get it out, instead of sitting on it all w.e.
this.jpg

Heartsdelight

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Your very welcome. Glad to do it.
It's the first rainbow I've bought and I like it too. Next will be black and thinking swap chimney's and tips. I'll have to see how it looks on upcoming mods.
Not the best on this blue mod, looks better in person, but it's all I have since I sold my other 2 Saturday. No man shall live on 1 mod alone:giggle: and have fixes for that. 1 of them should be here Wed if they get off their ass and get it out, instead of sitting on it all w.e.
View attachment 102578
For sure no man or woman should live with only one mod lol! Whatcha getting?

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
By man I mean't all :D
Mirage the dark grey/green one and hoping it doesn't have a lot of green.
The other is undecided. Maybe black Loch Ness. It's only $30 @ Envii. But I'm hesitant about buying one that's been out for 1+ years.
Not that it's a bad mod. But there's newer tech so, I'm on the fence.

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
I found this wicking method to work very well. First time use of a sonic cleaner on a coil and it needed another cycle. Good enough to use, but, don’t look at the coil :giggle: , it’s about wicking.
SS 4id and 4x30G w-40G wrap / 5 wraps @ .32Ω

Here’s how close to the deck---------------------------------------and puts this much above it
upload_2018-3-11_14-27-30.pngupload_2018-3-11_14-27-42.png

Cotton Bacon V2. Fluffed and left that way throughout the process. No rolling or compressing.
upload_2018-3-11_14-29-11.png

Loose inside the coil. Almost seems too loose, but isn’t. Looser than any other atty in my sig.
Fluffy cotton fills the outside edges of the U-shape.
upload_2018-3-11_14-44-23.png

Trimmed at the bottom of the threading (not deck) puts it at just over the top part of the screw, and I have some fuzz balls lower than that but doesn’t matter.
------------------------ Trimmed and fluffed. Not thinned because it started that way and you can see how thin.
upload_2018-3-11_14-48-44.pngupload_2018-3-11_14-48-57.png

Trimmed at an angle. Even with the side of the deck, and beyond the U-shape. To somewhat of a point so the channel doesn't get too much wick.
upload_2018-3-11_14-51-23.png

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Juiced it by allowing drops to soak in without compressing with the tip of the bottle or dropper. As you can see, the width at the ends of the deck are filled. No side view after juicing but it is no higher than coil. The channels are no where near full, and it extends to about the top area of the screw.
upload_2018-3-11_15-22-48.pngupload_2018-3-11_15-22-59.png

Only those fuzz balls remain visible.
upload_2018-3-11_15-23-53.png

.32 @ 35-40w, getting nice bubbles, chain vaped, long pulls, and no dry hits or hints of cotton.

Leaks? This is the 2nd time I’ve wicked it @ 4 id. The first time I had specs under the tank every 2-3 fills.

After changing it a little this time, I’ve added juice 3x for about 10+ml and no leaking or specs.

I think keys are, looser than what we may think in the coil and thinner fluffy wicking.

Last edited:

Heartsdelight

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Juiced it by allowing drops to soak in without compressing with the tip of the bottle or dropper. As you can see, the width at the ends of the deck are filled. No side view after juicing but it is no higher than coil. The channels are no where near full, and it extends to about the top area of the screw.
View attachment 106247View attachment 106248

Only those fuzz balls remain visible.
View attachment 106249

.32 @ 35-40w, getting nice bubbles, chain vaped, long pulls, and no dry hits or hints of cotton.

Leaks? This is the 2nd time I’ve wicked it @ 4 id. The first time I had specs under the tank every 2-3 fills.

After changing it a little this time, I’ve added juice 3x for about 10+ml and no leaking or specs.

I think keys are, looser than what we may think in the coil and thinner fluffy wicking.
Very nice! The pics are really helpful! Looking forward to any other observations/experimentations!

VU Sponsors