Become a Patron!

Kylin RTA ohm too low

HI, I recently purchased a Kylin RTA, I have alien Ka1+ni80 coils, the first two I put in were perfect, I went to change them and every one I’ve tried keeps coming up ohms too low, I put one In and it’s fine then I put the second one in and that’s where the issue is, I’ve put the old ones back In and it’s fine again I’m just confused

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
What mod are you using and do you know the min resistance the mod will do? And exactly what coils?
Perhaps, if you are using the same new coils as the old ones, the dual mode resistance could be at the edge of how low the mod can go....
and the new set is ohming out a lil lower than the previous coils, and causing the error message.

gbalkam

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
ohm = coil wire resistance / number of coil wires. so... a single coil with 6 wraps has a resistance of say 0.15 ohm for this example. Adding 1 more core wire halves the resistance (parallel coil) so 0.075 ohm. Adding the second coil is doing basically the same thing. Halving the resistance.. Now for a more specific answer we need to know the resistance of your first coils vs resistance`

KingPin!

In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Need more details Nx what specs are the coils please?

How have you mounted the coils?

Are both new coils exactly the same?

Did you ensure everything was screwed in properly?

VU Sponsors