Become a Patron!

Kylin RTA

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I am tired of buying coils and in the process of buying a Kylin RTA....I am almost sure some of yall may have one or tried a Kylin......Any pro's or con's would be O'ppreciated . Thanks in advance for advice.
Planning to use on my WIsmec RX200S.
I don't even use mine at all.... Just can't wick it correctly..... Burn taste Every time.....Now the most small 3ml RTA that's really an amazing RTA in taste and clouds and it's really freaking amazing is..................... The Wake

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I don't even use mine at all.... Just can't wick it correctly..... Burn taste Every time.....Now the most small 3ml RTA that's really an amazing RTA in taste and clouds and it's really freaking amazing is..................... The Wake

INDEED...the WAKE RTA beats the shit of the Krylin, which sits here rotting too.

I hate mine. Money poorly spent. I bought it to replace my Sub Tank Plus and am back to using the STP (leaks and all) while I figure out what to buy next.

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I hate mine. Money poorly spent. I bought it to replace my Sub Tank Plus and am back to using the STP (leaks and all) while I figure out what to buy next.
I don't know what your doing for the Supreme to leak ... I've had mine for a year and not a drop.....
490fbee1411cd3be0070cfad30a2034e.jpg

I don't know either. It was good the first year or so, but not so much now. I'm not good at taking pics...

11rzlao.jpg

entropy1049

Bronze Contributor
Member For 1 Year
Lotta people have bad luck with the Kylin leaking around the afc or 510. I’ve been fortunate, mine has been good to me. Great airflow, good flavor, good juice capacity. When the TAC21 from Squid drops, I may have to grab another Kylin to match as a topper.

Grandpa

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Haven't checked in here for awhile. I have had the Kylin for about 2 weeks now and I really like it. 4mm fused claptons on it and I got it right on the first try. I haven't had a single leak so far and it has quickly become my favorite daily driver. I also got the Ammit dual coil at the same time and I like it a lot too. Likewise, I built it right the first time and it is working real well for me.

Hype

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Mine leaks no matter what the set up , heard about the warranty they offered but it was useless because I could not find my bill . I am done with Vandy Vapes . They have a great line up but the Kylin sucks donkey !!

vapesmooth1234

Member For 4 Years
Kylin holds a lot of juice in a small size but doesn't have juice flow control. I don't care who you are, tanks will leak sometimes even if it's only when refilling if there's no JF. I don't F with anything that doesn't have JF. I try extra cotton stuffed in the wick channels, tried the opposite, tried so much cotton compressed inside the wick, tried wicking it loosly, I vape %100 VG flavorless often which is thick and shouldn't leak as easy, and still,,, get leaks if there's not JF.

Since you're new to rebuilding I would definitely get an RTA with JF. And also an RDA because they're quicker to rip out a bad coil and rebuild or adjust the coil, until you get better at it. Get some ceramic tweezers and organic cotton pads and a coiling jig (or just buy coils pre jigged, premade) for like $4 shipped on fasttech etc. "Strum" the coil with non conductive ceramic tweezers to get hot spots out before you put the cotton (easy to build you'll see, just watch youtube).

For tanks with juice flow, I just made a ridiculously long thread linked below, but it took a very long time to make. My picks for best RTAs are in blue bold text on the last couple pages (basically I chose them for capacity and small for factor but must have juice flow).

http://vapingunderground.com/threads/smallest-rta-rebuildable-and-rta-with-premade-coils.384427/

entropy1049

Bronze Contributor
Member For 1 Year
Kylin holds a lot of juice in a small size but doesn't have juice flow control. I don't care who you are, tanks will leak sometimes even if it's only when refilling if there's no JF. I don't F with anything that doesn't have JF. I try extra cotton stuffed in the wick channels, tried the opposite, tried so much cotton compressed inside the wick, tried wicking it loosly, I vape %100 VG flavorless often which is thick and shouldn't leak as easy, and still,,, get leaks if there's not JF.

Kylin most definitely has juice flow control. Thinking of a different RTA maybe?

Grandpa

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Don't know what you have there but mine has juice flow control. I use mine with the flow control cracked about half open. Nothing special about the way I wick it either; just don't try to stuff too much in the coils and the juice wells.

I also vape 100% VG flavorless (Carolina Xtraction nic and Monarch VG). I mix it with 10% distilled water to thin it out a little since I vape in my work shop on the back porch and it gets cold out there in these NW Iowa winters. I think maybe being too thick in cold weather might be a factor in your Kylin being leaky. But WTF do I know? Maybe I'm just lucky.

vapesmooth1234

Member For 4 Years
sorry, you're both right, the Kylin non-min has juice flow. The Kylin mini doesn't.

The mini has great capacity in a small size form compared to other tanks which do have juice flow, but no juice flow on the kylin mini is a no go for me personally. I know I know 'wick it right' but I've tried everything from stuffing as much cotton as possible in the coils and wicking channels and tried the opposite of wicking and stuffing loosely but still get leaks from time to time. I just can't stand leaking.

Kylin RTA Mini Single only, 25x43 5ml (3ml is same height non bubble tank), NO JF confirmed.
=reason not= if bought would be to risk no JF for good capacity and short height for single coil single 18650. I'll just wait for something similar size with JF

Kylin RTA non mini dual postless, 24x55.4 manufacturers graphic size confirmed, 6ml couldn't find syringe confirmed, 26mm tank.
24x43.5 2ml syringe and caliper confirmed. JF video confirmed.
=reason not= very similar to Ammit dual but chose Ammit for reasons written under Ammit.

Ammit Dual Coil RTA, 25x55 w/ tip caliper confirmed 6ml mode (5.75ml syringe confirmed). 27mm tank. JF video confirmed.
25X47 3ml syringe confirmed in 3ml mode but he got a little bit dripped out not much though and then basically called it a 2.5ml tank instead of 3ml, he didn't show 6ml filling but mentioned same thing in final thoughts and called it a 5.5ml tank but I think I would call it a 2.75ml mini mode and 5.75ml tall from the small amount that showed leaking when max filled it to the brim.
Reason chose = Basically same as Kylin non mini except this is better size and capacity in mini mode but I won't bother dual coiling in mini mode. The Kylin non mini is 1mm smaller at base and tank though which must mean a smaller chimney chamber if it holds same ml (didn't see 6ml mode syringe confirmed on Kylin non mini though so may be exaggerated so I'ma go with the Ammit and also Ammit is not a sketchy (IMHO) gold plated deck.

Kylin non mini is a very close competition for the ammit dual coil which I'm ordering. As stated in the Ammit paragraph, the only reasons I chose the ammit are not blaringly better reasons.

http://vapingunderground.com/threads/smallest-rta-rebuildable-and-rta-with-premade-coils.384427/

pizzadave80

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have had a kylin for a while now. I totally dig it. I don't experience leaking unless I wick it wrong. I used to wick too much and the juice flow control would push the juice over to the side. This resulted in leaks. Now that I just dam up the juice flow holes I don't have leaking at all.

Great flavor
Looks good
Large capacity

I prefer og kylin over kylin mini any day.

I have heard that the wake is amazing by a lot though, so I wouldn't be afraid of digging in to that one.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Zohmbiebuilds

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
I wouldn't waist my money on a kylin. That's got to be single handedly, hands down the most complained about rta out.

Grandpa

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I wouldn't waist my money on a kylin. That's got to be single handedly, hands down the most complained about rta out.

Have you got one? Or are you just talking shit? Complained about appears to be common but I don't see why. I've had good luck with mine so far and I'm very happy with it. So much so that I plan on getting another one or two to add to my collection. I love the postless deck and it's very easy to build and wick. Mind you, I'm an old man so easy to build and wick is important to me. Good juice control and good airflow.

I've got a modest collection of tanks (I'm a tank guy), maybe 20 if I counted them, but so far I like this one just fine.

Gavlan

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Like mine , no leaks , decent flavor,, not the best compared to say my Sherman or Churchill but not as expensive either. .
No problems here.
I use it so it's groovy with me :devil:

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Have you got one? Or are you just talking shit? Complained about appears to be common but I don't see why. I've had good luck with mine so far and I'm very happy with it. So much so that I plan on getting another one or two to add to my collection. I love the postless deck and it's very easy to build and wick. Mind you, I'm an old man so easy to build and wick is important to me. Good juice control and good airflow.

I've got a modest collection of tanks (I'm a tank guy), maybe 20 if I counted them, but so far I like this one just fine.
I got two Kylin's (not mini) and ended up giving them away for issues of leaking and generally not to impressed with them. Personally I'm stuck on the Reload RTA, for a 24/25mm RTA it's the best I've found. That and yes there are shit loads of complaints about the Kylin leaking, some have the supposedly fixed deck and it still leaked.

Hype

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Sadly I too have wasted money on this tank .Yes the Kylin . I am glad to hear some of you had better experiences with it . There is better out there. Just do some research .

Hype

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I love my Kylin. Putting a rubber seal around the 510 connector fixed my leak problem. To me, it is easy to replace coils, and to wick.
Where ?? Can you be more specific please ?? Pictures maybe ? PLEEEEAAASSEEE?? LOL

ColdDayInHell

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Teflon might work , if you cut it really narrow. I don’t mind the condensation bullshit that accumulates on the mod.

Maybe because that’s nothing compared to a Cloud Beast King coil leaking an entire tank all over your hand, mod, and everything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lady Sarah

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Where ?? Can you be more specific please ?? Pictures maybe ? PLEEEEAAASSEEE?? LOL
On mine, I put 2 seals since there is a space divot on my mod where the 510 connector screws in.
2cdb49ff798d216cfd809aa39cc1e8d4.jpg

Sent from my NS-P10A7100 using Tapatalk

ColdDayInHell

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Did the o rings come with it? My family is in the hardware business so I have bins full of o rings.

Lady Sarah

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Did the o rings come with it? My family is in the hardware business so I have bins full of o rings.

Yes. I used the ones that came with it. Mine came with 4 spare rings in that size.

ColdDayInHell

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
On mine, I put 2 seals since there is a space divot on my mod where the 510 connector screws in.
2cdb49ff798d216cfd809aa39cc1e8d4.jpg

I put one , two wouldn’t really fit , at least it didn’t look like it needed two. I got mine in February. Black, not colored. Not sure if there’s a bad batch of non colored , is black colored ? Is that racist ?

Lady Sarah

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I put one , two wouldn’t really fit , at least it didn’t look like it needed two. I got mine in February. Black, not colored. Not sure if there’s a bad batch of non colored , is black colored ? Is that racist ?

From what I have read, vandyvape atomizers are infamous for leaking. What works for one might not work for all. Have you checked the rest of the seals to see where you are leaking from?

ColdDayInHell

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
From what I have read, vandyvape atomizers are infamous for leaking. What works for one might not work for all. Have you checked the rest of the seals to see where you are leaking from?

My KM leaks but Vape Fans method of wicking worked.

My Kylin has never leaked. Knock on wood. Unless you’re talking about the juice / condensation that builds up on the top of the mod.

5add7ed99450ab4054b7d77dce61e11b.jpg

Lady Sarah

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I got the idea from other posters right here on VU. If it weren't for them, I'd be wiping my mod and tank clean several times a day. As of now, I wipe it about every other day from condensation.

I've had a Kylin for a bit over a month and like a week ago VV already sent me a replacement deck, as mine was leaking so hard between the bottom and AFC-ring and hopefully that will stop it once it arrives. I probably got like 3-4ml without any issues after rewicking and then it was wiping everything after like each 1ml. Tried several single coil builds between 3 and 3.5mm ID and several dual coils from 2.5mm to 3mm with like 4 different cottons and wicking methods but nothing seemed to help.

ColdDayInHell

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Odd, my SS Kylin doesn't leak at all, but my black one does a little, as mentioned above. I love them both.

I'm already looking to get a better mod for the SS Kylin. I don't mind the G Priv 2 but I hate Smok.

The Wismec Reuleaux RX2 20700 looks hot. How are the 20700's?

I got the deck today VV sent me and the JFC is a lot tighter at least. Having high hopes this deck won't leak. The o-ring "fix" didn't fully fix it on the other deck, but reduced it a lot. If this deck leaks too, then I'm done with my Leakylin.

EDIT: Update after going through like 10ml liquid. Only minor seeping through the bottom. Reduced like 95% compared to the original deck my Leakylin came with. Now I need to wipe everything maybe once a day, instead of once every 1ml and most of that being the vapor coming out from the airflow holes after taking a hit and ending up condensating on the mod. With the original deck I obviously got the same sweating on the mod but the real issue was the huge amounts of liquid coming through the bottom itself.

So far I'm happy with the replacement deck they sent me as I don't have to wipe it because of the juice coming through the bottom, but just to wipe off the sweating and whatever small amounts of liquid ended up coming through the bottom.

Last edited:

Zohmbiebuilds

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years

No need to be a dick head. I'm starting facts. This is the most complained about rta on all the forums because they leak... Supposedly.

At the time I didn't have one. I was gifted one, and I actually love it. I have never leaked. If anything, I think with the design it would be far easier to get dry hits than make it leak.

I wasn't "talking shit". Would you get the most complained about tank? Would you spend money on something even if it was user error, that so many people complained about? I wouldn't bro. I don't have it to waste.

I understand lots of people are not very coordinated in wicking correctly. That does go into consideration. But the amount of people complaining was very very high.

Grandpa

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
No need to be a dick head. I'm starting facts. This is the most complained about rta on all the forums because they leak... Supposedly.

At the time I didn't have one. I was gifted one, and I actually love it. I have never leaked. If anything, I think with the design it would be far easier to get dry hits than make it leak.

I wasn't "talking shit". Would you get the most complained about tank? Would you spend money on something even if it was user error, that so many people complained about? I wouldn't bro. I don't have it to waste.

I understand lots of people are not very coordinated in wicking correctly. That does go into consideration. But the amount of people complaining was very very high.

So you got one and you liked it? Interesting. Sorry about giving you the redass, but it appears I was onto something there. Have a good one.

Zohmbiebuilds

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
So you got one and you liked it? Interesting. Sorry about giving you the redass, but it appears I was onto something there. Have a good one.
Hey we all can have them days dude no problem. Sorry on my end too. I shouldn't have resorted to calling names. That's a very immature gesture that I gotta stop doing I need to work on how I take things.

The only problem I have is all attys need to stop making inserts that fuck our coils up. I run a dual core alien Clapton in these type of attys. I cannot stand to build OCD, take my time and do it right for the posts to fuck my build up.

I do like the tank. Its got great flavor and never ever leaks. I haven't had it leak ever. According to some, jfc doesn't help. I think people said it had seepage issues.

The person who had it before me said they leak. Maybe it fixed itself and when I give it a scrub down it'll dislodge old juice in cracks I can't see. I really trust that the person who gave it to me was building and wicking probably better than me.

VU Sponsors