Labeling your DIY Bottles

JayZ

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Hi Guys, I was looking around for a good label printer, I hate making all those post it notes and sticking them to the bottles to hand them over to my friends.
I am attaching a few pictures of what I got in the mail last week from RTS, those kind of labels look really cool to me, and I was wondering if that can be done home?
BTY the flavor art bottle, is that the original 10ml bottle or was it re bottled from ECX?
Thanks

Attachments

• Foto1.jpg
    Foto1.jpg
    123.4 KB · Views: 165

CurlyxCracker

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Hi Guys, I was looking around for a good label printer, I hate making all those post it notes and sticking them to the bottles to hand them over to my friends.
I am attaching a few pictures of what I got in the mail last week from RTS, those kind of labels look really cool to me, and I was wondering if that can be done home?
BTY the flavor art bottle, is that the original 10ml bottle or was it re bottled from ECX?
Thanks
You can get some decent labels made on your standard ink jet printer with some label sheets. You can just design the label and print it. You can also order pre-made labels with a space and print/write what you want on them.
That's rebottled FA bottle, only place I know you can get original bottles are direct from manufacturer or bull city vapor, I highly recommend the latter

JayZ

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Humm, that pre made labels sound cool, any suggestions?

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I just buy Avery labels (shiny oval ones if I want to be fancy) and use the Avery program (free) to make labels on my inkjet for friends sometimes. Usually, though, I use a cheap Brother label printer - I think the one I have uses 3/8" tape, and at least the labels stay on.

ECX rebottles their FA flavors. The only place I've found to buy original FA bottled flavors in the US is Bull City Vapor.

Botboy141

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
www.onlinelabels.com

You buy the labels, they give you access to their proprietary design software. Printable on a regular inkjet or laserjet printer.

CurlyxCracker

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
You can do this with Vista print as well

RyGon

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I have been using these 2"x4" weatherproof shipping labels 15513. You do need a laser printer though I think.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1412704814.715351.jpg

Last edited:

JayZ

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
That's cool, I think I am going to give something like this a shot

RyGon

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
That's cool, I think I am going to give something like this a shot
If you are talking about my post they have been pretty nice. They are plastic so they don't get stained with juice and you can wash them off. Mine have even survived the crock pot a couple of times so far.

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I've been using a Brother P-touch 70 for quite some time.
Works nice for labeling other things too.
They also peel off easily without leaving any goo.
And seem to resist fading and washing out from e-juice.

Amazon has them for around 25 bucks.
Sorry, can't seem to post a link for some reason.

JayZ

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I ended up buying a brother ql-700 printer, got one for 40 bucks and 2 different size labels they come in a 50' roll

JayZ

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
The background on the label can be colored, but it is a heat transfer color. Printer, it is pretty nice IMO it allows me to put labels as small as square half inch, up to 20 by 2 1/2

colonelk0rn

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I figure I'd throw this out there. I sell on Amazon and FleaBay, aside from mixing my juices and selling to friends and family, and ship a lot of stuff USPS and UPS. I was using the Avery labels for labeling bottles, but it was always a PITA to have to tape the shipping labels on the boxes, buy more labels, have different sizes, etc. And then I had to buy ink cartridges for the printer this week. I figure I spend about $45/month on ink alone. I was kicking around the idea of buying a laser printer, but I figured the majority of what I'm using my printer for is shipping and labeling.

I use Stamps.com software, and I do print net stamps on it as well. Long story short, I bought a Zebra 2844 printer on FleaBay http://ebay.to/1tJAihT
I then spent about $15 for both types of labels I use. I figure it will pay for itself in 3 months. Neat thing is that I get 6 months with no interest with PayPal, so I'm spending @ $15/month less on ink and labels.

VU Sponsors