Become a Patron!

Labelling plastic (squeeze) bottles 10ml, 30ml, 100/120ml

KDodds

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I tried some Avery office labels, but they peel off of the plastic, especially smaller bottles. What is everyone using? I'd prefer write-on rather than printer labels since I'm only doing them one at a time, really.

fratervapor

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I use a $10 dymo labeler. Sticks fine. I usually put the label somewhere other than the middle where I squeeze.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
If I don't need fancy, I sometimes use scotch tape and a sharpie. I fold one end back just a tad to make it easy to remove, as needed.

KentA

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
I've been using the Avery office labels & then wrapping them with scotch tape.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
At one time, I had some avery labels that you could write one, were made to be removed and they stuck really well. When you needed to remove them, you just wet them, peeled right off. Got them at Office Depot.

KDodds

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I just write on the bottles with a sharpie
This what I've resorted to so far. But, I can see, when creating samples, where I'm going to want something less permanent in the future. I don't need anything fancy, so Scotch tape seems to be the way to go.

Thanks guys!

Spent

Member For 4 Years
I agree sharpie on the bottle, glass or plastic. If need be nail polish remover to remove or up date a date.

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Once you settle down on a finished recipe you can use a Brother P-Touch PT-90 for a more permanent label.
Only prints one label at a time and can be peeled off the bottle easy enough if needed.

Dixie1954

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
A regular sharpie can be removed using an alcohol wipe or a bit of alcohol on a q-tip or facial tissue easy peasy. I color-coded my flavorings with them.;) I colored the top of the cap then wrote around the top of the bottle. I hated taking them out to see which were what lol. YMMV:)
As for finished juices they go into glass so I used fabric paint (small tipped) to write on the black lids. They can be peeled off if need be after they dry.:mooncat:

Countrypami

The Link Ninja
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
I got some samples of the poly labels from an online label company. I cut them into smaller pieces and use them on my bottles or to mark what juice is in my tank.

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Me too, that or a wet erase marker. It washes right off when I clean the bottles up:D

-Kingboomer

Yeah, I decided all the time, effort, soap and hot water it takes to remove labels is just as expensive as buying cheap refillables from China, so I just write on them.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I've used scotch tape, painters tape, markers... was totally ok with doin mine that way, then someone bought me a label maker. Damn things don't stay on too well, which means I have to use tape, or markers , anyway. I certainly don't need fancy, either.

KentA

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
I've used scotch tape, painters tape, markers... was totally ok with doin mine that way, then someone bought me a label maker. Damn things don't stay on too well, which means I have to use tape, or markers , anyway. I certainly don't need fancy, either.
Thanks for the heads-up. I was considering one; now I'm not.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Thanks for the heads-up. I was considering one; now I'm not.
I haven't spent much time researching more adhesive labels, so to be fair, it's very possible they do exist. Might still be something to consider, if you want to go that route.

dcarpentier

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I've used scotch tape, painters tape, markers... was totally ok with doin mine that way, then someone bought me a label maker. Damn things don't stay on too well

What if you print the label longer that the circumference of the bottle so that the label sticks to itself ?
I remember doing that for a project once (same grief, the label would just unstick from the item due to the bend)
Better labellers can have a defined label length, cheaper ones I guess you could just use ............... (dots)

dcarpentier

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I dont DIY juice (yet), but I do mix some factory-made ones , and I also use Avery blanks with scotch tape as the security.
I use full size Avery sheets and print rectangles that fit bottles leaving 1/4" gap in the circumference .. thats where I put my scotch tape security holder and it also allows a see-thru window to check juice level. I just write on the label with sharpie. Easy enough to peel the whole deal off later too.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
What if you print the label longer that the circumference of the bottle so that the label sticks to itself ?
I remember doing that for a project once (same grief, the label would just unstick from the item due to the bend)
Better labellers can have a defined label length, cheaper ones I guess you could just use ............... (dots)
Same thing, they don't adhere well, from so much use, lol. Mine came with 2 kinds, a clear label and a white one. The clear ones held up better, but not GREAT.

VAPESWAPSHOP

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
This may sound ghetto but I use the avery ones and when they dont stick I dab a lil drop of ejuice on the corners/sides and it seems to make em stick well lol. May not be able to write much on that spot after but it does work. I noticed the smaller I cut the label, the harder it was to stay stuck on the bottle too.

RonJS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I tried some Avery office labels, but they peel off of the plastic, especially smaller bottles. What is everyone using?

I use the white peel & stick labels (I got for free ;) ) that many UPS delivery drivers employ. You can write on them and they stick very well.

Since I believe it is against USPS regulations to use their Priority Mail address stickers for bottle labeling; I would never suggest their use.

Ron
---
“If you are not progressing along the true way, a slight twist in the mind can become a major twist. This must be pondered well.” ― Miyamoto Musashi

Citizen

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I just write the name of the juice, date, etc on a piece of lined paper. I keep it smaller than the width of a piece of clear tape. I use the clear tape over the label. Easy. Quick. Peels right off when I want it to.

PhantomOp

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
This is probably serious overkill, but I use a brother label system, with the TZ tape.
I don't use it for my "testing" flavors, but my permanent 30ml and 60ml unicorn bottles get labeled.

IMG_20170227_200319900 (Large).jpg

upload_2017-2-27_20-2-54.png

Rin Vapes

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I use a $10 dymo labeler. Sticks fine. I usually put the label somewhere other than the middle where I squeeze.
I use a DYMO label maker as well. They don't stick super well either though. I usually end up having to cover it with tape anyway.

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I use the green painters tape put onto a old 6x6 kitchen backsplash tile in rows to make it easy to write on with a fine sharpie then cut to size with a exacto knife. If it begins to peel back some then some isoprop, clean the jug a bit and usually sticks just fine after that. The green tape sticks fine to both glass and plastic with no residue. You loose all the redneck style when making labels all pretty with a label maker. :)

PhantomOp

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I use a DYMO label maker as well. They don't stick super well either though. I usually end up having to cover it with tape anyway.
Hmmm,. Mine haven't ever come off unless a rip them off. . Tape quality maybe??? Dymo vs brother ?

I have a dymo and brother for work, labeling cables and electric wire, etc. The brother labels stick much much better than the dymo labels do.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Hmmm,. Mine haven't ever come off unless a rip them off. . Tape quality maybe??? Dymo vs brother ?

I have a dymo and brother for work, labeling cables and electric wire, etc. The brother labels stick much much better than the dymo labels do.

I've been using a little Brother for a couple years now and they stick great.
And they come off easy enough if needed.

Rin Vapes

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years

Hmm... Well I was given the DYMO and not really looking to shell out for another one. I'll keep that in mind though. For now, tape-over it is!

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
My brother gave me some painter tape and a sharpie. Thats what I use on my bottles.

VU Sponsors