Become a Patron!

Labels

Daniel

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Good evening folks !

I just wanted to step in right quick & ask a question if I may. I started making my own juices tonight, and I forgot 1 minor detail....Labels...Is there any one program you use to make the labels for your bottles, or do you just come up with them on your own? I never have been an artist, so I'd probably have to rely on help from a program... Hope everybody has a good night...:)

Wabah58

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I just use black magic marker, and mark the bottle either on bottom, or top dome area. Where I know im not going to get my hands on that area.
If Im experimenting, with like strawberry and banana, I'll write the % under it.

If I want to change flavors and keep that bottle, I soak in hot water, and just wipe my black magic marker off.
Probably better way but IM CHEAP! :rolleyes:

I do have labels here at work I could use but they are real sticky, and would be a bitch to get off. I like the marker directly on bottle.

Darn I just made a couple 10ml bottles tonight, I should of made a 30 of your favorite, BLUEBERRY.
I like my diy blueberry vaped 60ml last month :oops:

Last edited:

Hobby Kid

Brighton Boy
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I buy white label stickers and write on them. But for a more professional look you could download a free desktop publishing program for example Open Office. I say a DP rather than a word processing program as it'll have templates which will be specific to the paper - you can buy printer stickers. They'll come on perhaps an A4 size paper in rows. Hope that made sense

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I write on labels, too. I only DIY for my boyfriend and myself. You can buy labels that are easy to remove also. Sometimes when I'm feeling fancy, I just put a strip of scotch tape on the bottle and write on that with a sharpie. :cool:

Emilie

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Label Maker, here.

Ld3441

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Many just just masking/painter's tape and write on it.
I just bought sticky blank labels that I write on.
Whatever works for you is good just make sure you know what it is.

downInTn

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Labels... This is another reason I love Hotrod's JuiceCalculator, it does label printing! You can make them as basic or advanced as you want, different fonts, colors, add artwork. It has presets for most all the different label paper(there's a lot of them) or you can manually set the spacing.

You really could do some professional looking labels, mine are pretty basic. I use plane paper and tape them on with clear boxing tape.
labels.jpg

Tripster

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
My sister has one of them and goes round labelling everything! Everything! If you put something down for too long she'll label that too lol

I use to have a couple myself and label everything...I went out and started to labeled trees and other odd stuff, this is when I was merely 13 so I really did have a blast then. I broke the machine in less than 12 hours from labeling everything in my line of sight and reach.

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
My sister has one of them and goes round labelling everything! Everything! If you put something down for too long she'll label that too lol

My grandfather had one of those old Dynamo label makers and he put a label on everything.

We inherited an old freezer he had purchased for my grandmother and when we were cleaning it out, we saw that he had purchased it in 1967. And it worked fine until 2007.

I wonder why today's appliances don't last that long.................Planned obsolescence?

Tripster

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
My grandfather had one of those old Dynamo label makers and he put a label on everything.

We inherited an old freezer he had purchased for my grandmother and when we were cleaning it out, we saw that he had purchased it in 1967. And it worked fine until 2007.

I wonder why today's appliances don't last that long.................Planned obsolescence?

Pretty much they have "Kill Switches" designed so that the electronic won't fair well past a year otherwise the company would lose repeat profits. It's an unethical business practice but a lot of electronics today have it and majority aren't even aware. Also they do this so they can push out a updated version with minor differences other than "New Technology Advances". I have a 10 year old Dell that has 254MB, Pentium 4, and a 74GB HD but it still works like it's new and I used it for gaming for many years, it's in storage now of course but I promise you it still runs fine.

chickenmonkey

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I used Publisher to make these labels. I type the details in if I am giving the e liquid to family; and just fill in the label by hand if its for personal use. I just print off a sheet of 30, cut one off and tape it on. This also protects the ink from running. It is easy to remove the labels when the bottle is empty.

Attachments

• cm label.jpg
    cm label.jpg
    10.6 KB · Views: 21
  • sample label.jpg
    sample label.jpg
    13.4 KB · Views: 20

MoFo

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've been using Avery address labels that I picked up from wally world. It was somewhere around $4 for 300. You can design and print them from their site if you don't have an office type program installed.

kboxvegas

Member For 4 Years
I too use the Avery return address labels with my own logo etc. I use the laser variety with a laser printer as they don't smudge etc. If they are test batches I just write on them in pen and put clear tape over it if it is going in the ultrasonic cleaner.

HarleyBarbie

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I use both a label maker and return labels, I always put scotch tape over my labels

VU Sponsors