Become a Patron!

Laisimo L1 200w Help

So as some of you know from my previous thread I was hunting for a new box mod to be my first removeable battery mod. With that said I finally settled on the Laisimo L1...the weight of it felt great the size was amazing for such a punch. Plus I wanted the TC....So been playing with it and went to set up the desktop software. Installed the Driver and it wont allow me to access the device...says to choose the USB Port...which I am not seeing anywhere to do this. On a custom built desktop.....wondering if its something wrong in the install or if it is actually the software.

Anyone help would be appreciated. I am unsure if it has any updates available but just want to make sure.

Thanks

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
So as some of you know from my previous thread I was hunting for a new box mod to be my first removeable battery mod. With that said I finally settled on the Laisimo L1...the weight of it felt great the size was amazing for such a punch. Plus I wanted the TC....So been playing with it and went to set up the desktop software. Installed the Driver and it wont allow me to access the device...says to choose the USB Port...which I am not seeing anywhere to do this. On a custom built desktop.....wondering if its something wrong in the install or if it is actually the software.

Anyone help would be appreciated. I am unsure if it has any updates available but just want to make sure.

Thanks
With the Software they have its a nightmare to be honest and there arent any updates out yet for it. If you on Win7 you need to use the program for Win8 to push the Com Driver then use the Win7 while preparing the device for docking. Its a cumbersome procedure and right now theres no reason as there isnt a update available. I have edited the software so it wont brick my device anymore and I have sent the edit in to Asmodus (hopefully they upload it to their site as many are complaining about bricking with their original software).
I also got it so you can make you own wallpapers and upload them without bricking, if it doesnt work you may half brick but you can atleast try again without the device being a paper weight for good...

Im uploading the Software Edit and My Custom Papers now if anyone wants it...

With the Software they have its a nightmare to be honest and there arent any updates out yet for it. If you on Win7 you need to use the program for Win8 to push the Com Driver then use the Win7 while preparing the device for docking. Its a cumbersome procedure and right now theres no reason as there isnt a update available. I have edited the software so it wont brick my device anymore and I have sent the edit in to Asmodus (hopefully they upload it to their site as many are complaining about bricking with their original software).
I also got it so you can make you own wallpapers and upload them without bricking, if it doesnt work you may half brick but you can atleast try again without the device being a paper weight for good...

Im uploading the Software Edit and My Custom Papers now if anyone wants it...

Yeah I am starting to see what you mean by the software being a nightmare! I was able to get it to work on my brothers computer while I was over there last night. Unsure why it worked there but wont on mine...same OS just mine is a custom build where his is a Dell lol...I dont know if that played into it but still fighting on my desktop. I will have to take a peak at your software when its done uploading. Much Appreciated.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Yeah I am starting to see what you mean by the software being a nightmare! I was able to get it to work on my brothers computer while I was over there last night. Unsure why it worked there but wont on mine...same OS just mine is a custom build where his is a Dell lol...I dont know if that played into it but still fighting on my desktop. I will have to take a peak at your software when its done uploading. Much Appreciated.
If and when you get it to work DO NOT TRY TO INJECT A FIRMWARE....unless you never want to power on your device again...Its a Full Brick when you use their software....Just get the ComDriver to install and leave it there until my upload is done...that way if it does fail you can atleast try and try again until it works (It will be a Semi Brick instead of a Full Brick). Its a 82% so it will only be a few minutes...

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Your amazing man...got it downloaded and installed on my desktop and the damn thing works like a charm now! Not sure what ya did but it is greatly appreciated. Hopefully Laisimo will take this and use it for themself to make this work and the software easier to deal with!
I changed thing or two and sprinkled it with some fairy dust :D (Thats a good description for non-tech persons )

Mykline

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I changed thing or two and sprinkled it with some fairy dust :D (Thats a good description for non-tech persons )
I think some of the manufactures rush to market without fully testing out their software or have someone really looking at the code to get rid of conflicts in it. Like turning something off before turning a conflicting command on. Just my thoughts.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I think some of the manufactures rush to market without fully testing out their software or have someone really looking at the code to get rid of conflicts in it. Like turning something off before turning a conflicting command on. Just my thoughts.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk
Or having something create to different conflicts at once resulting in nothing injected and leaving the chip scrambled...:D

Vapomizer

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Those mod manufacturers need some serious help with their software development practices, Joyetech is the only one that is able to make an "acceptable" firmware for their devices, all the rest are retarded to say the least, no wonder many companies lately are using the Joyetech/Wismec board and firmware.

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Those mod manufacturers need some serious help with their software development practices, Joyetech is the only one that is able to make an "acceptable" firmware for their devices, all the rest are retarded to say the least, no wonder many companies lately are using the Joyetech/Wismec board and firmware.
You mean the RX board?

:)

Vapomizer

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
You mean the RX board?

:)
What the hell is the "RX" board? makes me laugh my ass off when i see you call it that, the only other guy i saw call it that is some fool idiot who goes with the name "Vapomizer" or "Grendizer" or something like that here in VU

You should call it "Joyetech's take on the Nuvoton ARM Cortex M0 MCUs Microcontroller board in which they first introduced in 2015 in the Evic VTC Mini and the Wismec RX200 with identical firmware that is based on Nuvoton's ICP programming sample code and which they have been using in a bunch of other devices thereafter"

That will make it much more acceptable and understandable and will make me laugh a lot less, despite the description being at least two lines long vs two characters ie. RX

Just stop being an idiot like that "Grendizer" guy or whatever the fuck his name is :)

I wanted to download the program to have touch screen on my laisimo. I followed the instructions word for word. Not only did I not get touch screen, but now it won't work at all. It's now useless. Any ideas?

VU Sponsors