Become a Patron!

Laisimo L1 Software / Firmware Modification

I guess this is kinda-sorta my first post (I'm not gonna count entering a contest thread as a post), so hello all. I'm hoping I'm putting this in the right forum- saw some other Laisimo threads on here (this one in particular) that were of interest so it seemed the right spot.

I'm curious if anyone has done any reverse-engineering on the Laisimo L1; the firmware image and bluetooth commands are both of particular interest to me. Since I picked it up a few weeks ago I've been looking around to see if anyone has figured out what makes it tick, and the closest I've seen to anything along those lines is raymo2u's modification of the software in the above thread.

Near as I can tell Laisimo isn't in a big hurry to fix any of their (horrible) programming messups, and I imagine anybody who has had the... pleasure... of updating / adding wallpaper to the thing or using its iOS / Android app can probably attest to that. I'd be happy to bang out some code to try to fix some of the bigger issues, but I can't figure out whats driving the thing, or even what kind of chips its running on. Binwalk doesn't see anything on the firmware files, and the bluetooth captures I've run are kinda tough to make much sense of.

If anybody has any info they'd like to share, I'd be thankful!

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I was just watching a Video Review on the Laisimo L3 200w so this interests me. I wish I had some info to help you out and if I come across something I will post it here.

Edit: I see a few files for updates on the Laisimo Download page

I had a look at those- couldn't find too much though. I guess I probably should have mentioned that's where I got the firmware files from. Either way, the problem for me is I can't figure out what they're actually doing with the Laisimo. If they published what the CPU or the chipset is then there would be something to go off of, but short of taking it apart there's no real way to find out. I like the thing enough that I haven't been feeling that brave. Yet.

Either way, thanks man. As far as I'm concerned, any info is good info.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
No problem I will be following this thread because these touch screen MOD's interest me. This is just the latest passing fancy though! LMAO

VU Sponsors