Become a Patron!

large bottles of cheap juice seem to change flavor?

Hey all, I have been vaping for about a year now and no longer smoke. I have been on a cheap juice kick lately buying 100ml or 120ml bottles of juice of the internet in the 15 dollar range. I use an rda with dual coils around .15 ohms and 85 watts. Most of the time I drip straight from the big bottles, sometimes i squonk.

I have noticed on some of these larger bottles when I first start vaping them the flavor seems strong and I get a tasty vape. Mid bottle it tastes a little less strong but still good. When the bottle is near empty the last 10mls or so the flavor tastes very muted and weak. Routine wicking and coil cleaning is occuring as needed btw.

I can't complain much for the price I am paying but it makes me wonder what is going on with the difference in taste.

Is it possible that the flavoring agents tend to stay on the top of the bottle if the juice hasn't fully steeped? 8 out of 10 times before I use any juice i shake it up well... the other 2 out of 10 i just forget.

Has anybody else noticed this or have an explanation of what might be causing this.

Puneet

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Hey all, I have been vaping for about a year now and no longer smoke. I have been on a cheap juice kick lately buying 100ml or 120ml bottles of juice of the internet in the 15 dollar range. I use an rda with dual coils around .15 ohms and 85 watts. Most of the time I drip straight from the big bottles, sometimes i squonk.

I have noticed on some of these larger bottles when I first start vaping them the flavor seems strong and I get a tasty vape. Mid bottle it tastes a little less strong but still good. When the bottle is near empty the last 10mls or so the flavor tastes very muted and weak. Routine wicking and coil cleaning is occuring as needed btw.

I can't complain much for the price I am paying but it makes me wonder what is going on with the difference in taste.

Is it possible that the flavoring agents tend to stay on the top of the bottle if the juice hasn't fully steeped? 8 out of 10 times before I use any juice i shake it up well... the other 2 out of 10 i just forget.

Has anybody else noticed this or have an explanation of what might be causing this.

That’s called steeping my friend also it very much depends on how and where are you storing them. Direct sunlight or warm temperatures are known to change the flavor. Also plastic bottles could be the culprit here as they are also known to loose the flavor in long duration.
That’s what I’ve learnt in my short duration of vaping, maybe other experienced vapers could share more

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Papachaz

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
I always shake mine before I refill a tank or drip. I don’t know if the flavors separate out after sitting or not for sure. Just a habit I’ve gotten into. Also like stated above keep them in a semi dark cool place. Heat and sunlight will affect the flavors.

In the immortal words of Socrates, “ I drank what?!”

bobnat

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The same will happen to DIY juice. Flavors fade, change or just go bad. However, for me it's for juice that's been sitting for months, but you don't know how old the juice you have truly is.

Another factor could be flavor fatigue. That also happens to me. I can vape something for a few days then I enjoy it less and less. I've had juices I vaped, not every day, but consistently for as long as 3-4 months. Then one day I realize I just don't care for it anymore and move on to something else. Lot's of variables in vaping. It's enough to drive you mad.

Puneet

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Well one workaround I can think of is buy a bottle of flavor shot of your choice and whenever you feel that the flavor on your ejuice is getting low or not as strong as you like- give it a shot

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HBVapeShop

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor
Sometimes cheaply made juice also doesn't hold it's flavor once it begins to oxidize (meaning once you've opened the bottle). If you're looking for cheap 120ml flavors, we sell Loaded E Liquid 120ml for $14.95

VU Sponsors