Become a Patron!

Largest (mAh wise) 18650 that can SAFELY be used in a Vapor Shark rDNA30?

WilliamC83

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I'll be getting a Vapor Shark rDNA30 here pretty soon & I'm wondering what 18650 will give me the most vape time while being well within the required amp limit? Ive heard Vapor Shark recommends a 30A IMR 18650 but since I'll probably never vape anything below .8ohm I would think 20A would suffice, I just want to be sure. If you could make some recommendations, preferably 2500-3000mAh 20A-30A, I would appreciate it. Thanks for your time fellow vapers.

Celtic Fog

Tir Na Nog
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
the DNA30 chipset is set to an output maximum of 10a, so anything higher Amp wise would allow for longer use. 3800 mAh with a 20a or 30a battery should last you the longest especially if you never go lower than .8 ohm. The chip is also set for 2400 mAh.

WilliamC83

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Thank you Celtic Fog. So what does the chip being set at 2400mAh mean? Also, where can I find 20a-30a 18650's that are over 3000mAh? Thanks again.

rdwilliamson

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
101 vape has the efest 20amp batteries. I think they a 3100mah.

Got some coming for my dna.

Sent from my educated phone using tapatalk

Celtic Fog

Tir Na Nog
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Thank you Celtic Fog. So what does the chip being set at 2400mAh mean? Also, where can I find 20a-30a 18650's that are over 3000mAh? Thanks again.

The chip is set to use 2400 mAh flow. if you go under 2400 mAh, your battery will drain faster, if you go over 2400 mAh your battery will last longer. The chip itself will not pull more than 2400 mAh on the device itself, that is what it "uses".
I have found that devices with internal Li Ions seam to have true higher mAh due to the type of battery. (flat cell phone style). No 18650 can produce higher than 3800 mAh max, if they claim they can, it is a flat out lie. CaFF has the best suggestion, if you really want hi mAh (battery duration) stick to internal battery designs. For that Dna model, an 18650 with 10a at 2400 mAh is good and ideal to hit the mark it was designed for, if you take it up to 10a and 3800 mAh, the battery will last longer, the 18650's with 3800 mAh and 20a even longer, so on and so on. A lot of batteries are labeled at 30a now...but not many of them are true 30A however. Also, in mech mods and on VW mods, the lower the resistance, ohms, the more power gets kicked back to the battery.

Celtic Fog

Tir Na Nog
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
On that dna model, with a .8 resistance, at 30w, it will set itself to 4.89 to 5 volts and use 6.12a . So any battery with a 10a output can operate that device, higher mAh, longer lasting battery.

On a 50w model, and set to pull 50w, at .8 resistance it will set itself to 6.3v and pull 7.9a . So again a 10a battery will work, over 2400 mAh will help the battery last longer.

On the 100w model, and set to pull 100w on a .8 resistance, It will set it to 8.95V and pull 11.18a. So at this point, you would want a 20a battery. Again, the higher the mAh the longer the battery will last.

Higher Amps will work to hit sub ohm resistance better for mech mods. 20A should rock any VW/VV model out there no problems.

Last edited:

WilliamC83

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Thanks again Celtic, very informative. I think Ive decided on either the Sony VTC5 or the Orbtronic PD2900. I like the extra 300mAh of the PD2900 but its only 10A (18A momentary). Bishopheals did some tests/comparisons on the PD2900 & it looked pretty promising. Do you think its a good battery for the DNA30 or is the VTC5 better?

(---ORBTRONIC PD2900---)

Celtic Fog

Tir Na Nog
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
People already use and love the vtc's but the Orb looks like a good choice too! Im a sucker for batteries that have labels, you can know that they are fresh and not resold batteries. Let us know what you decide on using my man!

M5amhan

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
id just use the vtc5s until this efest amp rating situation is resolved. it surprised me to see them in question since the purple efest 35a battery is usually the second go to battery for vapers next to vtc4/5s

WilliamC83

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Well I would give the PD2900's a try but their out of stock everywhere except for one vendor who's asking like $22 + shipping for just one. Now for a two pack I'd do it but for one that's ridiculous. I think I'm just gonna get one VTC5 for now & then as soon as I find them in stock at a reasonable price I'll grab a PD2900 & see how they compare. I'm sure the vape time on the VTC4 that the rDNA30 comes with is decent but I want the most vape time possible.

Oh yea, I think I forgot to mention that I ordered an rDNA30 yesterday on eBay for $200. Vaporshark is backordered until 8/26 & I'm tired of waiting. I did get a black shark skin from VS though. I just love epic vape mail like this, VAPING ROCKS!!!

Last edited:

VU Sponsors