Become a Patron!

Last Chance To Place Your Vote For THE VAPING UNDERGROUND!

Drone

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I WANT MY AUTOGRAPHED 8x10 RIGHT DAMN NOW! I'm so.into.weird.shit, I've just gotta have me some nekkid Classlesswife! And right you are RJ, we, the forsaken masses also do deserve a polite.golf clap I think! But when you win again next year, Joe, you better have us all over for a kegger! And don't think we are staying outside, we are.coming in! Always wanted to.visit the VaporJoe compound anyway! Bet it's awe inspiring!

I seriously doubt you could fit that much ass in an 8x10 unless it came from a satellite surveillance pic... but you might be able to squeeze in just the hole

OB61887

Am I saying meow?
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Be-nice-to-fat-people.jpg

Attachments

• upload_2015-1-2_21-44-27.jpeg
    upload_2015-1-2_21-44-27.jpeg
    9.4 KB · Views: 3

madmonkey

The Road Warrior
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

:::stolen for future avatar use::: thank you sir...and with that I am off to bed for the night....no one should have to get up at 3 am for work the day after new years and I need a nap...thank you again to everyone who voted to prove we at VU are awesome and please continue to revel in it so I my have many interesting and humorous things to enjoy reading with my morning cup of mud.....Good night everyone and remember

We won!

T exas Toast

Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Ok, here is my rant ;)

On ecf they are now saying that THIS has divided the community and Joe is the cause of it. They are bitching about all the 'bad talk' and 'downing' of ecf over here in our celebrations.

Joe, the run down of what THEIR take is on this is, you have now divided the vaping community when we need to be standing together more than ever so we can fight the FDA. Ummmmmmmm BULLSHIT. ECF has divided this community and caused all of the ill feelings.

I have been vaping since 2007 and i RECALL every year this poll has been done, ecf PROUDLY announced and patted themselves on the back for the WIN and being THE BEST. Big ole banners across the top of the page. NOW they have lost and the poll is bullshit and Joe is the cause of the community being divided.

Can someone please check the member count at ecf and check the member count here? Then compare the poll totals to the member counts? ecf can only rally 1500 members to vote for them?? I have checked and I must be mistaken on my numbers.

Nope, Joe is not the problem here atall.

A little something something that REALLY chaps my ass red hot.... I am in a co-op over there that STARTED MAY 18, 2012. The damn thing has not ended YET. THANKS YOU j0ker. Carry that one back and what i am about to say here Salem God and who ever else decides to drop by here.

This co op is for a mini scuba gen V3 created by Dan. The host kept stalling and excuse after excuse. We finally learned that the host had stolen the money for the co op and the machinist he hired had not been paid.

This is just a quick run down on this fiasco. Google it and read the 616 pages of bullshit.

Click Bang Shoot had this on one of his shows and Mad Murdock came on and he donated a shit load of Pluid, if i recall, GALLONS of Pluid, that was to be sold and all of the money was to be put toward paying the machinist so that we could get our mini scubas.

That went fine. All the Pluid sold quickly. j0ker even had a few auctions of donated items to further raise more money. Funds were made quickly because the community rallied around all of us in that co op.

j0ker came in and took over the co op. WELLLLLLL over a year later, we still dont have the damn atty's. Turned out really lovely for all of us. Thanks j0ker.

We ended up having to pay even MORE money to get the glass tubes cut because the machinist was not sure if he could cut the glass or not. Something HE signed up for when he agreed to make the atty's. So j0ker took money from who ever wanted a glass tube, tubes we had already paid for when we signed up in 2012.

j0ker has mailed out a FEW of the attys but then everything came to a screeching halt.

j0ker's excuses are becoming worse than the co op host's were. Working long hours and no time to mail. Classwife keeps popping in saying poor j0ker blah blah blah

We got a few updates and then his dad got sick and all communication stopped.

People have offered to meet up with him and get the attys and get them to all of us. j0ker is silent. notta word.

The last update we have gotten from j0ker is JULY 9, 2914. Yup SIX MONTHS AGO...

I don't know if j0ker's ego want let him hand over the responsibility or if he paid the machinist and the machinist never delivered all the atty's. No idea and we are LEFT HANGING to only speculate what the TRUE problem is here.

I know co op's are an at your own risk gamble BUT when you have a man come forward and donate THOUSANDS of dollars of his product, product that supports his lively hood, the at your own risk flys out the fucking door and the co op has no excuse to do ANYTHING BUT DELIVER.

Mad Murdock has not posted on ECF in over a year and I wonder if this has something, if not everything to do with it. If I donated THOUSANDS of dollars that was to go towards a screwed up co op and that co op STILL SITS with no rhyme nor reason, I know I would be pissed.

Now, j0ker is the co op forum manager and when OTHERS have ass'ed around with a co op I have seen them banned. SO WHY IS j0ker STILL THERE?????

Oh YEAH, I am pissed and so are alot of other people.

Joe dividing the community? I say NAY NAY. This is just ONE of the MANY things ecf has pulled that has divided this community.

I could typed 15 thread pages worth of shit from the past 7 years that i personally am aware of.

Nope, Joe has not divided the community ECF has. THAT IS WHY WE ARE ALL HERE AND NOT THERE and that is why VU won all the awards this year.

So, Salem or who ever drops by here , could you take this 'tidbit' back to ECF and tell j0ker we want our fucking attys and Mad Merdock would probably appreciate it as well. Maybe you can get the message to him for us because our messages apparently are in the junk box.

GO JOE GO

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Just my slant on this.

We are all grown ups here (jury is still out on me) and we all make our own decisions.

Like which forum to join.

And many of us, myself included have memberships in more than one forum.

Just the way it is in the vaping world.

But when push comes to shove like the Guide to Vaping Poll, we all had to decide which forum to SUPPORT.

Sorry ECF and the other forums, Joe and his creation as new as it is, garnered the most FREAKING SUPPORT and as a result WON!

Now Miss Whiskey did us all a solid and got the info above.

The number that I would like to see is what PERCENTAGE of VU members voted and what PERCENTAGE of ECF members voted.

I made a comment a bit back in this forum that I strongly suspect that many new vapers when they first started (including myself) started joining forums pretty much as a way of getting access to much needed information.

And since ECF was there touting the fact that it was the largest forum in the vaping world, well hell yes I am going to join.

But did you/they stay and participate?

Staying is one thing (well at least until they ban your sorry ass for having a thought of your own) and actively participating and VOTING is another issue entirely.

Sorry I can't remember when the reign of terror that is called ECF started, I just did some quick math. At todays rate, in Five years, we are on track to have 142,640 members. And I think that this number is very conservative as it does not take into account the members that are just starting to trickle in from outside of the United States an the ever increasing amount of ECF members are jumping ship or being banned.

And while I am not privy to what is going on with the VU senior staff, I am also willing to bet that since we now proudly wear the GTV crown in multiple categories, advertising revenue for VU will be rising, ECF coffers will be dwindling and as a result VU will be getting more vendor support which willl attract even more members.

OK, rant over. Mrs. Uncle just advised me it it time for my meds and shock therapy.

Browncoat

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Vape Media
Vaping Underground
Total Members: 14,624
Total Votes: 1,432
% of votes: 9.79%

ECF
Total Members: 236,269
Total Votes: 1,379
% of votes: 0.5%

Both forums have gained members since the polls closed, but not enough to skew the numbers much either way. At the time I published my article on 1/1/15, I ran the numbers, and they were similar. Also, it should be noted that it's entirely likely that votes came from non-members of either forum.

However, it does speak volumes about community. The actual total % of forum members voting must mathematically be lower, so ECF was unable to muster even 0.5% of their members to vote for them. Regardless of how you shape it, VU members rallied behind their forum, whereas ECF did not.

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Vaping Underground

ECF

Both forums have gained members since the polls closed, but not enough to skew the numbers much either way. At the time I published my article on the first, I ran the numbers, and they were similar. Also, it should be noted that it's entirely likely that votes came from non-members of either forum.

Thanks, I should have thought of that but I didn't :(

And are you trying to imply that I got my cat to vote!
Evil Uncles Dog.jpg

Hard to believe but the vet thinks "this" is closer to a cat than to a dog in what recognizable DNA there is.

Browncoat

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Vape Media
And here's the thing I think the naysayers are overlooking...

JOE AND THE VU NETWORK TOOK HOME 14 AWARDS!!!

This isn't a fluke. This isn't supportive of ECF's claim that there was cheating/shilling/[insert random whine here] going on. This is a clear message that shows the voters support this entire network and its message.

T exas Toast

Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
And here's the thing I think the naysayers are overlooking...

JOE AND THE VU NETWORK TOOK HOME 14 AWARDS!!!

This isn't a fluke. This isn't supportive of ECF's claim that there was cheating/shilling/[insert random whine here] going on. This is a clear message that shows the voters support this entire network and its message.

EXACTLY MY POINT............................. It is NOT just about the forum, it is what Joe has done in a WHOLE. I personally thank him for this forum most of all. Nice place to say howdy and call home.

T exas Toast

Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vaping Underground

ECF

Both forums have gained members since the polls closed, but not enough to skew the numbers much either way. At the time I published my article on 1/1/15, I ran the numbers, and they were similar. Also, it should be noted that it's entirely likely that votes came from non-members of either forum.

However, it does speak volumes about community. The actual total % of forum members voting must mathematically be lower, so ECF was unable to muster even 0.5% of their members to vote for them. Regardless of how you shape it, VU members rallied behind their forum, whereas ECF did not.

You know, I did not really see any rally of votes going on over there. I think they thought they would be top forum hands down. Just expected it because how could THEY not. We are ecf ya know.

Were THEY ever in for a surprise. A much needed one IMHO. Some of the mods over there need their ego tapped down about 20,000 notches.

The thing is, will this change anything over there. DOUBTFUL because VU got ever uncle, aunt, in-law and out-law to vote for them so TECHNICALLY, they didn't lose in their eyes. There is a way to spin ANYTHING to fit your agenda. Especially at ecf. ;)

Browncoat

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Vape Media
ECF tried to rally votes. I think the original thread was started in early December, but the thread had very little participation until it was too late. Then it degraded into whining. Someone came along and basically said it was ECF's own fault, but then Classwife stepped in and removed that post and locked the thread.

I'm willing to bet that when December 2015 rolls around, it's going to be an all-out ECF vs VU war for that award. They aren't going to forget that they lost, and will try to prove themselves. We're going to have to be prepared.

T exas Toast

Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
ECF tried to rally votes. I think the original thread was started in early December, but the thread had very little participation until it was too late. Then it degraded into whining. Someone came along and basically said it was ECF's own fault, but then Classwife stepped in and removed that post and locked the thread.

I'm willing to bet that when December 2015 rolls around, it's going to be an all-out ECF vs VU war for that award. They aren't going to forget that they lost, and will try to prove themselves. We're going to have to be prepared.

Well, I missed that thread. Guess that shows how much time i spend over there. I check on my co op and have really stopped cruising the threads. I got tired of weeding out the Provari fan boys a long while ago. Don't get me wrong, I have a provari. Bought it when they were first released. It had a 8 week lead time on it. SO, yeah, I have one but it is not worth fighting in threads about. To me anyway.

What I have found at ecf the past year, cloud chasers, provari die hards and whiners and alot of other garbage. NOTHING like it was when I joined in 2007.

It has gone from being a wealth of knowledge honey hole to over the top ass holes. Like I said, I own a Provari and I have wrapped some low ohms coils. I have nothing against either BUT I don't cram it down every one's throat who asks "I am new what is a good starting point/"

At ecf all you will get is cloud chase or provari dude. If you don't you aren't a vaper. Give me a freaking break!!!!!!

IF j0ker ever gets off his ass and either tells us what is TRULY going on with the co op I am in, or delivers my atty I will be exiting the joint.

Slicknic

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

We're going to vaporize them again. :D

T exas Toast

Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I am just thankful I don't have to worry about waking, logging in HERE and finding I have an infraction or worse, sin bin for no reason at all.

I mean seriously. ecf server is having issues, i am plagued with double post out the Yzoo because it keeps telling me to 'try again. server was lost' or some shit like that and I wake up with an infraction for "beating a dead horse".

I did not realize I had posted the same thing back to back in a thread until the next morning when I got the infraction.

When I went to bed there were no posts from me because I gave up. Apparently they did post and did not show up on my end.

An infraction for THAT. REALLY?? I tried to explain what happened but the mod was hearing none of it. That was 2 years ago.

I guess the mod thought my reply and explaining what happened was a fist thrown at his authority. He replied back telling me I might need some time off from ecf in the sin bin. I did not reply back and shot the bird to my computer screen as I closed the pm.

There was really no place else to go at that point. Joe has changed that problem for me, and apparently many others.

KISS MY ASS ECF

OB61887

Am I saying meow?
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
It just occurred to me, but why can't ecf and VU be friends? I understand they are the nazi forum (from what I've heard) but I don't get why it has to be a vs.

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It just occurred to me, but why can't ecf and VU be friends? I understand they are the nazi forum (from what I've heard) but I don't get why it has to be a vs.

Have you ever tried to make friends with them after they feel you have done something wrong and banned you?Or better yet after beating the pants off them in these votes? Once your blacklisted they throw you away like a candy wrapper.

Browncoat

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Vape Media

Hi, my name is ECF.

If you want to hang out at my house, here is a list of rules you must abide by [chucks down a novel the size of War & Peace]. After you're done with that, you have to stay in the nursery for awhile before you can join the rest of the adults. No offense, it's just that we don't want to bother with you and don't have the common sense to put a better method in place.

When you're deemed fit to join the rest us, just remember that there are other people here that I like better than you. Don't you dare talk about other places you hang out, and for God's sake, don't ever talk about going into business for yourself. You don't have a business, do you? Because if you do, we have to charge you extra and give you another rule book to read, and then you have to stay out on the back porch with the other ones. Anyway...where was I? Oh...I'm very temperamental and overbearing, so don't cross me. Or people I like. Or the other hosts. In fact, just sit there and don't say much.

Can we be friends?

T exas Toast

Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee

Ask ecf that question. It would be nice if the vaping community COULD band together. Being that Vaping Underground or Joe can not be typed at the ecf forum, I believe they may be the ones that have the problem or have I missed something along the way?

T exas Toast

Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Hi, my name is ECF.

If you want to hang out at my house, here is a list of rules you must abide by [chucks down a novel the size of War & Peace]. After you're done with that, you have to stay in the nursery for awhile before you can join the rest of the adults. No offense, it's just that we don't want to bother with you and don't have the common sense to put a better method in place.

When you're deemed fit to join the rest us, just remember that there are other people here that I like better than you. Don't you dare talk about other places you hang out, and for God's sake, don't ever talk about going into business for yourself. You don't have a business, do you? Because if you do, we have to charge you extra and give you another rule book to read, and then you have to stay out on the back porch with the other ones. Anyway...where was I? Oh...I'm very temperamental and overbearing, so don't cross me. Or people I like. Or the other hosts. In fact, just sit there and don't say much.

Can we be friends?

Wish I could like this 50 times. You nailed it.

OB61887

Am I saying meow?
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I just ate breakfast and am all sleepy. I would apologize, but ehh.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
NO WAY !!!!!!!!!! DOUBLE WOW
No, no, no... I'm so sorry. That was kind of an afterthought to what you had posted about polls and the co-op deal. I completely mis-read something in your post. After looking back at it, again, I was soooo mistaken. Sorry about that, man.

But, it wouldn't surprise anyone, either.

T exas Toast

Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
No, no, no... I'm so sorry. That was kind of an afterthought to what you had posted about polls and the co-op deal. I completely mis-read something in your post. After looking back at it, again, I was soooo mistaken. Sorry about that, man.

But, it wouldn't surprise anyone, either.

Ahhhhh ok. No worries.

Would not surprise me either at this point.

madmonkey

The Road Warrior
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
i waited till like 10 minutes before the deadline to vote...wanted to made sure it counted but also wanted the final word :)

cobalt327

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
There are lies, damned lies... and statistics. Whether you win, lose or draw in a poll or contest or whatever this was, it really means very little in the bigger scheme of things. EFC won? VU won? So what! In fact I'd guess the vast majority either didn't know there was previous and current popularity contests being run- or just did not give two shits one way or the other. But I suppose if someone identifies strongly enough w/an internet forum it might actually matter to them. To those I'd suggest getting a life as an alternative.

T exas Toast

Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Every since this poll started ECF has PRAISED themselves and been VERY PROUD that they were the number one forum EACH AND EVERY YEAR. They ANNOUNCED PROUDLY every year that they are number one.

What is so strange to me is, now that Vaping Underground has won the honor of being the number one forum IN THE SAME DAMN POLL and ECF is now number two, SOME now think this poll doesn't mean jack shit. Now ALL OF a sudden, polls? ehhhhh they don't mean nuthin.

NOW WHY IS THAT?

IMHO Vaping Underground has EVERY RIGHT to be PROUD, ANNOUNCE and CELEBRATE being the number one forum, and number one in MANY other things, just as ECF has all these years.

I will proudly say it again, GO JOE GO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Browncoat

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Vape Media
There are lies, damned lies... and statistics. Whether you win, lose or draw in a poll or contest or whatever this was, it really means very little in the bigger scheme of things. EFC won? VU won? So what! In fact I'd guess the vast majority either didn't know there was previous and current popularity contests being run- or just did not give two shits one way or the other. But I suppose if someone identifies strongly enough w/an internet forum it might actually matter to them. To those I'd suggest getting a life as an alternative.

vaperature

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I have a great idea for keeping the community "united." ECF can shut its doors and everyone can come over here.

angus67

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I just ate breakfast and am all sleepy. I would apologize, but ehh.
That's the cool thing about VU. We listen to questions like that and reply in an adult manner.
Over there, You would have been banned after "why can't", Because those words together instantly mean disagreement.

madmonkey

The Road Warrior
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Star Wars Episode X: The Vaping Forum Clone wars

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That's the cool thing about VU. We listen to questions like that and reply in an adult manner.
Over there, You would have been banned after "why can't", Because those words together instantly mean disagreement.
They always think they have the last word with the sound of the ban hammer, quickly silencing who ever they please, This is one of only a few places where banned members can have a chance at explaining, ranting and voicing out about what happened to them, a limited few may have deserved a ban or time out, but most didn't.. It is good to have a place with ears that listen to their stories and take notice. They are not silenced here.

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
i voted when i got the email.. not sure if the email was from here or..
but it was a bit ago.. few days???

anyways Cheers to VU!! :D :D

yfA1gkJ.gif

T exas Toast

Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
They always think they have the last word with the sound of the ban hammer, quickly silencing who ever they please, This is one of only a few places where banned members can have a chance at explaining, ranting and voicing out about what happened to them, a limited few may have deserved a ban or time out, but most didn't.. It is good to have a place with ears that listen to their stories and take notice. They are not silenced here.

EXACTLY whiskey. Threat of the sin bin shut me up real fast. I did not even know what the sin bin was. I had to look that one up :)

As you said, "they think they have the last word and they silence who ever they please."

I got the pm telling me i had an infraction for "beating a dead horse." ecf servers were having issues. I did not know the server was wigging out and it caused me to triple post in a thread ( answering a newbie's question about how to clean a damn vivi nova coil none-the-less)

I replied to the infraction pm explaining I did not realize my post were actually posting. it kept telling me to try again so I did just that. Finally giving up and going to bed only to wake up with an infraction and sitting there saying to myself what the hell did i do to get an infraction???

When I replied, I explained what happened. The mod answered back saying i might need some time off from ecf in the sin bin.

HUH????

And to think, in my reply explaining the situation, I ACTUALLY APOLOGIZED TO THE JACK ASS for my multiple duplicate post.

That infraction is still on my account two years later :p

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years

You apparently cared enough to join here, in October, then take the time to post that rant, so......

h7ED6F410.jpg

Lets face it, forums run on money. Hosting isn't free.

More members, more money...oh wait,this isn't ECF,we don't have paid member spots for the l337.

It isn't about just popularity, this isn't High School. But it is Economics.
More members = vendors go hay...lets advertise there. SEO FTW.

That, gets the money to build a stable Internet community. ;)

While that is happening, we're building said Community one vaper at a time.
I joined here before it even opened...I knew it would be different.

People with common interests who can build friendships, share things, learn things, maybe even change some lives for the better...that is a forum.

Everyone wins.

Last edited:

kelli

Vapid Vapetress
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
i voted when i got the email.. not sure if the email was from here or..
but it was a bit ago.. few days???

anyways Cheers to VU!! :D :D

yfA1gkJ.gif

so there really was an email? i kept hearing about one, but until now never saw anyone who actually got one.

cobalt327

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
There's a sage bit of advice I remember my mentor telling me after we won our first big event, been quite a few years ago but still holds true and bears repeating here: "Act like you've been 'there' before". What is meant by this? Simply put, be a gracious winner, do not over celebrate it, lest the tables be turned on you. Be the bigger person and treat your good fortune for what it is- a gift that may be taken as easily as it was bestowed.

BTW, I'm sure the linked-to videos(?) are clever and all- but I make sure to NEVER click on unknown links. Spent way too much time in the past undoing the troubles caused by some of them (malware, viruses, etc.) Hope you understand...

Last edited:

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
My understanding is there's a lot of "history" behind them and Joe. I believe Joe has every right to celebrate this. It's a huge win! I'm happy for him, happy for the VU staff. Grateful, because it brought us here.

VU Sponsors