Late Night in DIYland, take II

RocketPuppy

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Welcome to Late Night! If you're not familiar with part I, that's okay. Everyone is welcome.

Don't let the title fool you. Posting can be done at any time, day or night.

This thread is dedicated to anything DIY... Maybe you have a little question, but don't want to start a whole thread. Maybe you want to rejoice in a great DIY day, or maybe you want to complain about not writing down the last mix that was perfect. Ask questions. Complain. Rejoice. Post your favorite pet or new order of amber boston rounds.

misswish

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Well, I'm happy tonite. My hubby, who didn't want to try any flavors but tobacco, asked me to fill a little bottle of strawberries & cream for him a few weeks ago. Just as a change from the tobacco once in a while. Great, sure! Tonite he wanted another little bottle of "that new stuff your using, it smells good". It's HIC's tiramisu expresso cookie. Gotta be a little sneaky leading him to try new things, but he's still vaping!

RocketPuppy

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
That's hilarious and awesome. I wonder if he felt it was too girly or what our politicians think of as flavors that will hook children. There were so many things toh didn't like till I snuck it into something else. He finally likes pickles now. Not vaping em, eating em.

misswish

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Naw, he didn't want to get hooked on good flavors, thought he's vape more than he smoked. He only went through 1/2 pack a day, but he dipped, too. That has gone way down now, too, thankfully. How does someone grow up not liking pickles? That's almost un-American!

flowerpots

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Woot woot! I'm so glad you started this thread. I was thinking I would miss Take I.

MMMM pickles

Last edited:

flowerpots

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Okay, it is late night, where are all the late-nighters?

RocketPuppy

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I think you, bobo, and sometimes Paul were the only late nighters. I told them about this place. Hopefully, they'll join too.

RocketPuppy

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I tried vaping pickle flavor. I'm not sure why I didn't like it, but it was pretty rancid.

flowerpots

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Not sure I would like a pickle vape, but the pizza juice isn't half bad.

RocketPuppy

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Ace! How dare you! Hey, we live like 2 hours away from one another.

RocketPuppy

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Not sure I would like a pickle vape, but the pizza juice isn't half bad.
I was curious about that one. Wonder if it would be even better with extra cheese and pepperoni.

flowerpots

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
That's hilarious and awesome. I wonder if he felt it was too girly or what our politicians think of as flavors that will hook children. There were so many things toh didn't like till I snuck it into something else. He finally likes pickles now. Not vaping em, eating em.

My favorite recipe with pickles is Rouladen

Slots

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm usually up late at night since I usually work third shifts.

I'm usually up until 2, but I have to MAKE myself go to bed because the rest of the world (and this household) are "day" people.
Just got done mixing up all the juices for next month ... (I'm always a month ahead of myself)
Easy to do when the rest of the house has crashed :D

To me, the saline really makes a difference in the fruits.

Right now, I'm liking the HS tobaccos a lot.
Vaping on the HS Desert Ship right now, and their version puts all the other company's to shame....Yummy
You should try their "Highway" .. another yummy
That makes about 4 HS tobaccos that have gone into the "keeper" file so far... (still testing)
I also like a lot of FA's tobacco's and a couple of others, but HS is hard to beat when it comes to the tobacco's.

CurlyxCracker

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I'm usually up until 2, but I have to MAKE myself go to bed because the rest of the world (and this household) are "day" people.
Just got done mixing up all the juices for next month ... (I'm always a month ahead of myself)
Easy to do when the rest of the house has crashed :D

To me, the saline really makes a difference in the fruits.

Right now, I'm liking the HS tobaccos a lot.
Vaping on the HS Desert Ship right now, and their version puts all the other company's to shame....Yummy
You should try their "Highway" .. another yummy
That makes about 4 HS tobaccos that have gone into the "keeper" file so far... (still testing)
I also like a lot of FA's tobacco's and a couple of others, but HS is hard to beat when it comes to the tobacco's.
Yup I'm a late night mixer as well, only time I can measure things is with the kiddos in bed.
I just tried FA Desert Ship because of all the good reviews, I don't like it. Too "real" tasting for me...

ClaireW

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Good morning! happy monday - I'm wishing it was friday already.
Subscribing to this. paul? Bobo? glassgrl? wings? RP senior? woohoo come out & play

Nailz

FUCK the FDA
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Been vaping for well over a year, but only got into DIY a few weeks ago, decided to get into DIY, as me and the wife will love a flavor for a month, then it's just blah, we get bored of the same flavors, so always on the search for the next best thing, and buying pre-made juice gets really expensive when half of the flavors you don't like.

I was getting a bit disappointed to start with DIY, nothing was really coming out very good, but then it came to me, we was trying to run before we could walk and doing recipes with 6-10 flavors in them, so started doing single flavors and recipes with just 2-3 flavors in them, and now we are getting successful juice to vape, for example we did just CAP's strawberries and cream by itself, and me and the wife love it, and I don't even normally vape fruit vapes except banana. Also now we doing things more simple, we have started making our own recipes, and being simple, they are easy to alter for out taste.

flowerpots

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I was getting a bit disappointed to start with DIY, nothing was really coming out very good, but then it came to me, we was trying to run before we could walk and doing recipes with 6-10 flavors in them, so started doing single flavors and recipes with just 2-3 flavors in them, and now we are getting successful juice to vape...

Yowsie, you started with 6-10 ingredients? I haven't even moved up to 4-5 yet. I wouldn't know how to even start making a recipe with that many ingredients. Glad you found some good mixes now.

flowerpots

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Hello! Let me just give you a quick into of "me". I have been diy-ing for almost 3.5 years and vaping 4 years. I'm into tobacco variants but I do make sweets for the family. I tend to like simple recipes and I usually stick to a few recipes at a time.I recently started to use Sterile Saline @1% in my sweet flavors. It does make the flavors pop a touch. IDK it could be just a placebo effect. :)

I'm usually up late at night since I usually work third shifts.

I keep hearing about saline, just haven't tried it yet. Think I'm going to go ahead and mix a small batch of 0.9% saline today and add it to a few steeping flavors and see what happens.

RocketPuppy

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Good morning! happy monday - I'm wishing it was friday already.
Subscribing to this. paul? Bobo? glassgrl? wings? RP senior? woohoo come out & play
I messaged the boys, but I guess they're hesitant. Hopefully they'll join.

Slots

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I just tried FA Desert Ship because of all the good reviews, I don't like it. Too "real" tasting for me...

I mixed it at 5%, and it sat for over a month, so it was a soft mild smooth flavor.
I don't like strong, harsh, ashy flavors myself
For me, It makes a good base to add just about any other flavorings too.
Sorry you didn't like it
You might try something like "Island" from VZ
It has very little "tobacco" taste to it, and a hint of pineapple at 2%

I use just a tad of mild tobacco flavors off and on in my fruits, (not enough you can't taste it), as it gives the juice "body", and brings the flavors together if your using a blend

RocketPuppy

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I tried using the saline, but I didn't find any difference. I think I should divvy up a mix, add saline to one and see which is best. This would probably be a more accurate way of testing instead of just adding it randomly.

I vape mostly tobaccos, but I just didn't get that wow.

I heard that it kept the throat soothed. That's why I originally tried it.

RocketPuppy

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Btw...it's really nice to see all these new faces in take II.
I like having a place to chit chat about diy but not needing to focus on one particular thing since I tend to ramble.

RocketPuppy

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I don't need saline in my tobacco mixes. I mix the sweets at 0% and wanted to achieve a full flavor with more of a mouth feel. I think some comparison tests would be cool. The next time I mix I will try to mix the same flavor. One will have saline solution-the other will have distilled water.
0%? How do you taste anything? =)

RocketPuppy

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
You must be like the goddess Artemis if you can create goodness from nothing.

RocketPuppy

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Oh, I see where I messed up in my writing/communication. The nicotine is zero percent. Flavoring are below 12% at all times. It depends on the flavoring manufacturer.

I'm trying out a new flavoring vendor. Vapor co has some flavorings. I'm sure the stuff have some diketones in it.
Oh yeah. I love their flavor pictures. I emailed them a couple times asking from where they get their flavorings, but I never received a response. I'm very interested in them. I know, I know. I'm judging a book by its cover. You're vaping at 0% nic? Wow! That's awesome. I don't foresee myself doing that anytime soon, but that sure would cut down on cost, freezer space, and gloves.

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
i dunno.. i started with my kit kat diy.. since then i bounce from single flavors to a few recipes that hold up to 21 flavors..
the worse thing i hate.. is cleaning up my mess lmao.. :confused:

RocketPuppy

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
i dunno.. i started with my kit kat diy.. since then i bounce from single flavors to a few recipes that hold up to 21 flavors..
the worse thing i hate.. is cleaning up my mess lmao.. :confused:
Me too, until I started measuring by weight. Now, the only thing I clean is a glass funnel at the end.

flowerpots

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Oh yeah. I love their flavor pictures....I'm judging a book by its cover.

I'm like that. If a website has good images, I'll buy it! It could be terrible, but the picture does it for me. Conversely, if a descriptive image is not good, I won't buy it. And the more succulent or creative the image, the better.

Slots

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
One will have saline solution QUOTE]

It's weird .. saline is fickle
It seems to help one, and not the next.
I know it's used in chocolate juices with a lot of whoopla, but I found some fruits "popped" and some didn't.
I don't add it automatically, but when I end up with a juice that's just blah, I've added it to see what I got ...
Some worked, some didn't , that's when I makes notes !!

RocketPuppy

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I'm like that. If a website has good images, I'll buy it! It could be terrible, but the picture does it for me. Conversely, if a descriptive image is not good, I won't buy it. And the more succulent or creative the image, the better.
That is the strangest and silliest avatar pic ever.

flowerpots

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
That is the strangest and silliest avatar pic ever.

It's a Blue Footed Booby from the Galapagos, in a blue bikini...okay, yeah, kinda silly :p

Changed

Last edited:

Fishee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So I have had some Vanilla ice cream flavoring for a few months now and I can't seem to get a good mix no matter how I mix it.
I did add a little bit of Strawberry to it and that is not too bad but still not great.
I think I'm using too much at 5% so maybe I should try less
Any suggestions for the Vanilla ice cream?
My base is 36mg VG and then diluted with VG to about 6mg. The only PG I use is what is in the flavoring
Any suggestions would be appreciated

RocketPuppy

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
So I have had some Vanilla ice cream flavoring for a few months now and I can't seem to get a good mix no matter how I mix it.
I did add a little bit of Strawberry to it and that is not too bad but still not great.
I think I'm using too much at 5% so maybe I should try less
Any suggestions for the Vanilla ice cream?
My base is 36mg VG and then diluted with VG to about 6mg. The only PG I use is what is in the flavoring
Any suggestions would be appreciated
Is it TFA?

flowerpots

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I know this is kind of moot, but I have the TFA version, and I have difficultly with it also

RocketPuppy

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Is everyone asleep?

Emilie

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
We're awake here (not for long).

I'm a little disappointed that the vials I received today aren't the same diameter as the TFA vials their flavors come in. :(

Of course, these are 2 dram vials and the TFA vials are 1 dram. :|

flowerpots

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
My internet keeps blipping, so I'm in and out...

RocketPuppy

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Where'd you find Ace's bacon comment? It's hilarious.

VU Sponsors