Late Night in DIYland, take II

Chowder

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I binged both seasons. They claim Season 3 starts in 2016.It left me wanting more.Excellent Series finale. Awesome series. Thanks for the recommendation. I have seen this advertised but thought it was just a kid series.
Glad you liked it!

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I'm ok. Sick the last few days, but aside from that, all is well. How's life in your world? Still working at the same place? Any new excitement??

Chowder

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I'm ok. Sick the last few days, but aside from that, all is well. How's life in your world? Still working at the same place? Any new excitement??
All is still status epilepticus here; long periods of counting holes in the ceiling with interspersed bursts of "HOLLY HELL, WHAT JUST HAPPEED???!" So yeah, still doing the same thing in the same place. Even though I wouldn't call being a medic boring, it's the same old excitement, not new excitement. However, I see you've added quite a few new banners under your avatar! Congrats by the way.

Chowder

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Hey Chowder, good to see you again! Hope you've been doing well and happy. :)
Hey MissyWishy! I've been doing well and have just been concentrating on work and home the last few (or mooooooore?) months. I missed the threads and was really happy to see the old hangouts are still going strong! Hope ya'll don't mind me barging back in (or at least yelling from the rocker on the portch)!:rolleyes:

Chowder

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Of course not, so glad you are back! You have been missed. Now the big question - have you been mixing? o_O
Of course, always, and forever....not the line to a song but the answer to your question! Once one starts on the dark path of mixing, is there really any going back? However, most of my mixing is staple juices without much complexity. I dabble every once in a while, and have had great success in making the best "HOT GARBAGE" flavor you've every had! I'll be gald to send you a sample if you want, like for free!

Chowder

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Hey there. I've missed you guys. I was a very long hiatus. How're you?
Doing really well, and I understand the hiatus! I just completed an outback walkabout myself! The only thing that really sucks is that my post count is nowhere near the top anymore! Oh well, I guess we'll have to play some catch up!

flowerpots

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Your hiatus sounds fun! I was selling a house, moving, and getting settled in. And, until this week, I've not vaped since last year, so I'm totally lost now, trying to read the threads to catch up (while vaping some of HIC's Brandied Apricots mix).

Chowder

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Your hiatus sounds fun! I was selling a house, moving, and getting settled in. And, until this week, I've not vaped since last year, so I'm totally lost now, trying to read the threads to catch up (while vaping some of HIC's Brandied Apricots mix).
Sounds yummy! Got a recipe? I've done the sell, buy, move thing toooo many times and know your pain! I still feel it in my backside every time I think about doing it again! Hope you landed in a place that you enjoy and makes you happy! (and by the way, the walkabout was just life getting in the way, not a fun trip to Aussy land! sorry to confuse)

Chowder

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Sorry, at work and couldn't get back till now. If still up, how's it been going?

outwest

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
kinda here. And, though I don't know either of ya, welcome back @Chowder & @flowerpots :) Signed up for the Showtime streaming only plan ($2 cheaper through Hulu) and looking for something to put on to watch as I go to bed. Thinking I might start re-watching The Strain since the next season starts in 2 days. And it's bound to give me pleasant dreams *laf*

Chowder

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
kinda here. And, though I don't know either of ya, welcome back @Chowder & @flowerpots :) Signed up for the Showtime streaming only plan ($2 cheaper through Hulu) and looking for something to put on to watch as I go to bed. Thinking I might start re-watching The Strain since the next season starts in 2 days. And it's bound to give me pleasant dreams *laf*
Nice to meet ya @outwest ! Pots and I, plus a few others, were around when it was "Late Night In DIYLand" (take 1). We were a pretty good crowd to hang with late night, and I'm sorry I missed out on quite a few of thoes nights here the last number of months. Hopefully the new crowd won't mind me comming back to the old stomping grounds for a few! If the shows don't help, here's some tunes that might!

Last edited:

Chowder

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
If @Artemis is out there, just wondering how "Falling Skys" went? I only made it through the first season of that one.

outwest

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
The other one that gets me (which pretty much every post-apocalypse movie does) is that gasoline that's been sitting too long goes bad. A diesel will still start up after sitting for a long time (if the battery hasn't gone dead), but a vehicle that uses gasoline isn't going to start.

Chowder

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Ok, My turn to "Knock, Knock"!

outwest

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
If you like American Horror Story, you might like Carnivàle. Seasons 1 and 2 stream free on Amazon for Prime members. It's very similar in style to AHS. Was an HBO production from 2003-2005.

Season 1 - http://www.amazon.com/Insomnia/dp/B006GLMMUS

It was intended to run for 6 seasons, but was cut short when cancelled after the 2nd. One of the reasons was it had a really high budget.

For reading AFTER watching season2 - wiki link with fate of characters https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Characters_of_Carnivàle#Season_2_finale_and_character_fates
And more about the mythology that they didn't get to fully explore, what with the cancellation https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mythology_of_Carnivàle

Sirkris

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If you like American Horror Story, you might like Carnivàle. Seasons 1 and 2 stream free on Amazon for Prime members. It's very similar in style to AHS. Was an HBO production from 2003-2005.

Season 1 - http://www.amazon.com/Insomnia/dp/B006GLMMUS

It was intended to run for 6 seasons, but was cut short when cancelled after the 2nd. One of the reasons was it had a really high budget.

For reading AFTER watching season2 - wiki link with fate of characters https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Characters_of_Carnivàle#Season_2_finale_and_character_fates
And more about the mythology that they didn't get to fully explore, what with the cancellation https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mythology_of_Carnivàle
I really enjoyed that series when it came out!

NGAHaze

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
BT9lEPb.jpg

:D

Last edited:

outwest

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Props for Carnivale !! Just finished this recently... shame that they cut it short ... (ahhh business ... sighhhhh)
Yeah, I was really disappointed when I figured out it only had 2 seasons :( The wiki page with fate of characters helped, though.

Foggz

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The wiki page with fate of characters helped, though

had not heard of this ... good info! will follow up on that for sure.. deadwood died a similar fate i had thought..not a western's type of guy and had never watched it even tho many had recommended it .. finally binged it this last year .. was phenom btw but also cut short :(

currently watching (=binge lol) Sleepy Hollow (liked to see that "walter" from fringe has a part in it) just finishing up first season..

Foggz

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The other one that gets me (which pretty much every post-apocalypse movie does) is that gasoline that's been sitting too long goes bad. A diesel will still start up after sitting for a long time (if the battery hasn't gone dead), but a vehicle that uses gasoline isn't going to start.

yeahhhhhhh ! Gasoline is good for about 6 months max - without extend additives is what i heard .. and then only get about a year maybe? Always get a bit OCD re technical details... luckily, developed some tolerance as got older and am a bit able to overlook most of em as 'literary license'ish lol -if not, I'd prob never watch anything ;p

Last edited:

Foggz

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just started watching "The Last Ship". Interesting so far
had started watching this back when just kinda faded for me tho - also got about 3 ep's into true detective havn't really kept up with that either but still have some interest so probably will sooner or later.. how are you liking falling skies? I thought it started strong for the most part .. (yeah- the schooling [wtf] haha)

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Been watching my Grandkids for the last few weeks and I'm living on a steady diet of Disney, Nick, Sprout, etc lol. When I start hearing the song "Hey Jessie" playing in my head, I know there is a problem lmao.The Tigers are unwatchable. The big question is: When does football start ;).

Cheers,
Steve

Budds

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
"Well, I do get quality time with my cat during football. And I'll be gettin the dog in MY lap a lot more, too."

Is this "Code" ?
Is that what the kids are callin it these days ?
;)

Semi Reduction

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Okay I take it back. I watched True Detective S2E2.I suppose it was too slow at first but now I'm hooked on the show. Especially, after the cop getting blown away. I wasn't expecting that. Then episode 3 he lives! Dammit! A few parts are kinda boring still. Hoping it holds my interest.

Keep watching. It's a great show. The first season was slower, but still amazing IMO. I'm up to episode 6 in season 2. Can't wait for ep 7

VU Sponsors