Become a Patron!

Latest 18650 High Amp High Drain Batteries

jarhead045

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Looking to find out if any of these new batteries that have come out by efest and imren claiming 30-40a cd are legit or not? Id appreciate any advice on the best latest batteries to go for now a days, ive been out of the game since vtc5s were kinda big/new.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

jarhead045

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
LG, Samsung have kind of taken over the market since sony turned total anti vaping bitch.
LG hb2, hb4, hb6 are 30amp.
Thank you, what's a good trustworthy website to order batteries from?

Wylde_77

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Always authentic from those sites..

Patcharapon

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
admin please redirect me if there was a thread about it. thanks...

wish to know more about 18650 amp difference!
i have Solotech 3000mah 40a & AWT 3400mah 50a...

i know about "mah" but amp difference, what does it do?

am using single batt ipv d3 & vaporesso tarot pro on dual batt...

cheers

Vaper | Tattooist | Diver | Cyclist

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years

cheers

50a? 40a?
Nope, grossly inflated ratings.
Batteries, Mooch is the Battery God of the Vaping world. Best advice is this, if it's not on his recommended battery list don't use it.

His Blog
http://www.tasteyourjuice.com/wordpress/the-battery-mooch

His recommended battery list
https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/blog-entry/moochs-recommended-batteries.7593/

Train

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
The amps are a measure of how much power the battery can supply safely - and high watts can put some demands on a battery. You need to know that you are within their limits. A mod should protect you but the batteries will stress and heat, and can die...
What kind of watts do you vape at?

Never heard of the Solotech, which isn't good...and the AWT's are so-so 20-amp batteries. Yes, 20. They are lying about being anything higher - in testing, at a draw of 30 amps, they overheat and degrade permanently.

Ditto to following Mooch recommendations - linked above!

cheers

Patcharapon

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
my vaporesso is 160w
-vaping at 80w-100w
-using awt 3000mah 40a

my ipv d3 is 80wj
-vaping at 20w-60w
-using awt 2600mah 30a

i still have new extra batts just in case...
-solotech 3000mah 40a
-awt 3400mah 50a

*meaning i bought fake batts for awt (you mentioned any awt over 20a is unlikely)
**the awt batts i purchased had a "scratch & verify" thingy which i havent do anything to check if its genuine yet
dfa5037a2d970ff3cad22dc21cbda673.jpg

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
my vaporesso is 160w
-vaping at 80w-100w
-using awt 3000mah 40a

my ipv d3 is 80wj
-vaping at 20w-60w
-using awt 2600mah 30a

i still have new extra batts just in case...
-solotech 3000mah 40a
-awt 3400mah 50a

*meaning i bought fake batts for awt (you mentioned any awt over 20a is unlikely)
**the awt batts i purchased had a "scratch & verify" thingy which i havent do anything to check if its genuine yet
dfa5037a2d970ff3cad22dc21cbda673.jpg

Unless they're authentic LG, Sony,Samsung or Panasonic they are re-wraps of rejects from those company's batteries, usually with grossly inflated ratings. There is no such thing as 40a or 50a 18650's, LG makes a 30a, that's the highest Amp rating for an 18650. Follow Mooch and his tests

Patcharapon

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
thanks mate... Malaysia sucks with lotsa counterfeits & fakes

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My go to battery lately has been the Sony VTC5a, it's 25a with 2600 MaH. Mooch recommended and is a very good performing battery with good battery life. Before that they were Sony VTC4, they're a 23a battery with 1600 Mah.

LG's and Samsung's are excellent batteries also, I use the Samsung 25r batteries in my Tootie Puffers, haven't used the LG's but they're popular and good performers.

Don't mess about with the re-wrap rejects that eFest, AWT, etc peddle, just don't waste your money on them.

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
thanks mate... Malaysia sucks with lotsa counterfeits & fakes

Sounds like a good business opportunity, Find a reliable source of "Authentic" Sony, Samsung and LG batteries, help keep your Mates safe and make some coin doing it ;)

Patcharapon

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Sounds like a good business opportunity, Find a reliable source of "Authentic" Sony, Samsung and LG batteries, help keep your Mates safe and make some coin doing it ;)
truly i am seeking knowledge to run my own local online vape shop

Wylde_77

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
No but they preform well, more ease of finding them and so far have had zero issue with them.
Yes LG makes the only real 30A 18650 batteries I have some of the lg hb6 and they are true 32A batteries ask mooch

Wylde_77

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
shipping would cost me a bomb unless i take huge bulk order

It's worthwhile if u want Good batteries they are only like 4 bucks a piece .. even if you spend 40 bucks 20 on batteries and 20 on shipping.

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It's worthwhile if u want Good batteries they are only like 4 bucks a piece .. even if you spend 40 bucks 20 on batteries and 20 on shipping.
Shipping will be a lot more than $20.

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That's rough .. I'm sorry man
We really don't realize how lucky we have it here in the U.S. in regards to things like shipping. Plus how much they get hit with import bullshit, that and I don't really believe Liion Wholesale or IMR Batteries will ship there.

His best bet really is to find a good supplier there, he could find with a bit of an effort.

That said yeah Liion Whilesale and IMR Batteries is where I source my batteries, they're awesome and can be trusted.

jbone6977

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
We really don't realize how lucky we have it here in the U.S. in regards to things like shipping. Plus how much they get hit with import bullshit, that and I don't really believe Liion Wholesale or IMR Batteries will ship there.

His best bet really is to find a good supplier there, he could find with a bit of an effort.

That said yeah Liion Whilesale and IMR Batteries is where I source my batteries, they're awesome and can be trusted.
Ordered 4 LGs from them this morning

Patcharapon

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
these are my orders from liionwholesale..
f255c0f8916d7633ba8d5d8d05c5781b.jpg

b6e9b30a862b9cfd42efca857b0d0396.jpg

to be frank, im very happy with their per piece & bulk price savings. not a problem converting to MYR...
e05def7f817c69059ac5ddba2a6372f6.jpg

but since they do not have a pre-set-calculated shipping cost to my place does worries me but i will still give it a try & now waiting for their reply. hope shipping wont cost a bomb still

*i would like to take this opportunity to say THANK YOU to you all for advices & direction. am really grateful being in VU & know yall kind hearted vapers helping strangers cum noob like me. god bless yall fellas

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years

to be frank, im very happy with their per piece & bulk price savings. not a problem converting to MYR...

but since they do not have a pre-set-calculated shipping cost to my place does worries me but i will still give it a try & now waiting for their reply. hope shipping wont cost a bomb still

*i would like to take this opportunity to say THANK YOU to you all for advices & direction. am really grateful being in VU & know yall kind hearted vapers helping strangers cum noob like me. god bless yall fellas

eFest? No, No, Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What have we said in this post? Samsung, Sony or LG.

Wylde_77

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

Those efest are only 10-15A!! Told u man get lg Samsung or sony.. efest grossly over rates all their batteries!!

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Mooch tested those shitty eFest purples and they're 10 and 15 amp batteries depending on what batch of rejects eFest buys and rewraps!!!!!!!!

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
And he bought ten @ 6.xx EA. Man Sony's and lgs aren't even that expensive ..
IMR Batteries have the Sony VTC5a's, I bought a dozen of them and love the shit out of them. 25a and 2600 MaH, excellent balance of performance and battery life. Also I have a bunch of Basen 26650's, they're alright but was really disappointed with them when I rewrapped a couple and they had eFest printed on the side, I let Mooch know this. I have since bought a batch of the iJoy 26650's, now they are an awesome 26650. Mooch ranted and raved about them, they're 30a and 4200 Mah plus they perform like an 18650.

Patcharapon

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
oh guys... dont get me wrong. those bulk orders are from my client's request even after i show them the moosh chart. they insisted on what they want lol

plus, my order from liionwholesale isnt completed yet as i have not include batts i need to be using for both my mods. still figuring how to calculate my common wattage - get what amp/mah suit best.

*i read moosh's post in the blog link. maybe tomorrow will create an account to access ecig forum in hope mr moosh do provide more detail reports in there...
**its 4.43am here, eye gotta shut though lol...
anyway, thanks again for all your concerns. im very happy and honored!

good night for now bro & sis

jarhead045

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Those efest are only 10-15A!! Told u man get lg Samsung or sony.. efest grossly over rates all their batteries!!
I'm more weird about those 60amp basens, sure as hell grossly overrated.

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
I'm more weird about those 60amp basens, sure as hell grossly overrated.

i use them. good batts but they are only 23 amps. i do have some ijoy's on the way. 30 amp 26650 batts with 4200 mah as tested by mooch. can't wait for them

nightshard

It's VG/PG not PG/VG
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
There is no real 30A 18650 over 2500mah
There are no real 30A 18650s over 1500 mAh
And that's LG HB2/4/6

All the rest have lower rating.

None of the AWTs, Imrens, Efests... are over 20A and some are much worst.

Droogbc

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
i use them. good batts but they are only 23 amps. i do have some ijoy's on the way. 30 amp 26650 batts with 4200 mah as tested by mooch. can't wait for them
I wonder, how does some no name company like ijoy manage to offer a cell that is superior in spec to anything offered by the major battery suppliers?

My concern, knowing how dishonest some of these rewrappers can be, is the chemistry contained in those cells. Despite the labeling, are we certain it is safer chemistry such as imr/inr?

Some less safe chemistry cells have been known to offer higher amp output and capacity than their safer chemistry rivals, so when a rewrapper suddenly appears to be offering and delivering something that none of the big players seem to be able to accomplish it really makes me wonder.

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
I wonder, how does some no name company like ijoy manage to offer a cell that is superior in spec to anything offered by the major battery suppliers?

My concern, knowing how dishonest some of these rewrappers can be, is the chemistry contained in those cells. Despite the labeling, are we certain it is safer chemistry such as imr/inr?

Some less safe chemistry cells have been known to offer higher amp output and capacity than their safer chemistry rivals, so when a rewrapper suddenly appears to be offering and delivering something that none of the big players seem to be able to accomplish it really makes me wonder.
Mooch says it so i believe it.
IDK how ijoy made such good batteries or why they don't sell them. they could make a killing selling those batteries

Droogbc

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Mooch reviewed the cells output, but I don't believe his tests verified exactly what chemistry is necessarily being used.

My point is, they could be potentially be something more explodey with an inaccurate imr/inr wrapper. Not saying that's the case, but it's more believe than ijoy brewing up their own cells which just happen to school everything else in the category.

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Mooch reviewed the cells output, but I don't believe his tests verified exactly what chemistry is necessarily being used.

My point is, they could be potentially be something more explodey with an inaccurate imr/inr wrapper. Not saying that's the case, but it's more believe than ijoy brewing up their own cells which just happen to school everything else in the category.
Bottom Line
This iJoy cell's 40A rating is exaggerated. This is incredibly frustrating because it's the first 30A 26650 I've ever tested and no exaggeration was needed! Why the hell do companies like iJoy still think they need to do this to sell batteries?

This is the first 26650 I've tested that acts like an 18650. Its internal resistance is lower than many of the good 18650's and it held its voltage well. At 30A/100W pulsed it ran approximately 75% longer, and 0.15V-0.20V higher, than the Basen and Brillipower 4500mAh cells down to 3.2V. It doesn't match the appearance of any other 26650 I have so I don't know where this cell came from. I am giving this cell a maximum vaping amps (MVA) rating of 40A but the voltage sag is getting pretty bad at this level.

The 26650 ratings table has been updated to include this cell.

Continuous-Current Test Results

Pulse-Current Test Results

Comments
  • At 10A continuous it reached about 4100mAh. This is good performance for a 4200mAh cell at 10A so I am rating this cell at 4200mAh.
  • At 15A continuous the temperature rose to 52°C. This is way below the average temperature of a cell operating at its continuous discharge rating (CDR) and is an indication that we are operating way below its true rating.
  • At 20A continuous the temperature rose to 59°C. This is still way below the average temperature of a cell operating at its CDR and is an indication that we are operating way below its true rating.
  • At 25A continuous the temperature rose to 69°C. This is still below the average temperature of a cell operating at its CDR and is an indication that we are operating below its true rating.
  • At 30A continuous the temperature rose to 77°C. This is just below the average temperature of a cell operating at its CDR and is an indication that we are operating at its true rating.
  • At 35A continuous the temperature rose to 83°C. This is above the average temperature of a cell operating at its CDR and is an indication that we are operating at above its true rating. The voltage is sagging a lot.
  • At 40A continuous the temperature rose to 85°C. This is above the average temperature of a cell operating at its CDR and is an indication that we are operating at above its true rating. The voltage is sagging a huge amount.
  • I am setting a CDR of 30A for this cell. While operating any cell near its rated maximum current level causes damage to the cell, I would expect decent cycle life from this cell at 30A continuous.
  • I have included pulsed discharges but I haven't set pass/fail standards for pulse testing yet. The discharges were done at 5sec on/30sec off, down to 2.5V. One chart shows the entire discharge at each level. The other chart is zoomed in to show the first 5 minutes to make it easier to see the voltage sag at different current levels.

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Mooch says it so i believe it.
IDK how ijoy made such good batteries or why they don't sell them. they could make a killing selling those batteries
I've tried them and love them, they preform excellent and battery life is great. I've got 7 now and another 8 on the way in. I've got a number of 26650 Mod's and I'm thrilled with the performance of these batteries.

iJoy does sell them, I checked out their website and they wanted over $22 each for them. I then found them on Fasttech and ordered 8 for $9 each there, took a month before they even shipped them, still waiting. There also is another site here in the State's, Mad Vapes that carry them for $15 each and they ship fast, got them in just a couple of days.

I see why Mooch was so giddy over them, they are an excellent battery.

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
I've tried them and love them, they preform excellent and battery life is great. I've got 7 now and another 8 on the way in. I've got a number of 26650 Mod's and I'm thrilled with the performance of these batteries.

iJoy does sell them, I checked out their website and they wanted over $22 each for them. I then found them on Fasttech and ordered 8 for $9 each there, took a month before they even shipped them, still waiting. There also is another site here in the State's, Mad Vapes that carry them for $15 each and they ship fast, got them in just a couple of days.

I see why Mooch was so giddy over them, they are an excellent battery.
i might get a pair from that local site cause at this point fasstech is taking forever. it says they shipped but tracking number isn't showing up as found anywhere. i emailed them today

VU Sponsors