Become a Patron!

Leaking vape?

Hello!

I am using my Revenger X from Vaporesso and it's been great up until now.

I have an issue where after a vape hit, it feels like some liquid has leaked into my mouth and it actually made me throw up. This happened after I replaced an old coil so I thought "Bugger!" and bought some new coils and a new flavor. I cleaned out the vape, primed the coils and thought "Right, we're in business" but after I took another hit I realized I still have the same issue!

I tried pressing the button and seeing if I could feel anything leaking but I couldn't so I am stumped. This leads me to believe it happens when I am inhaling the vapor.

I am beginning to think maybe I broke my tank but I want to be sure before I spend some money on a new tank.

Is there a way I can efficiently check what the issue is? Has anyone had this experience before?

Vape_Sanctum

Unlisted Vendor
It's a normal occurrence in vaping. It could mean a couple different things

A.) The cotton in the coil is over saturated and running at lower wattage then the coils is rated at for normal use

B.) Could be a faulty coil (happens sometimes)

What you could do is put a napkin or rag up to the vents, press the fire button and blow into it to clear the excess juice.

Another is blowing into the tank a little before you inhale

Bumping the wattage up a little more to see if that clears it up

Check to see if the coil is showing up as the Ohms that it is marked.

It's a normal occurrence in vaping. It could mean a couple different things

A.) The cotton in the coil is over saturated and running at lower wattage then the coils is rated at for normal use

B.) Could be a faulty coil (happens sometimes)

What you could do is put a napkin or rag up to the vents, press the fire button and blow into it to clear the excess juice.

Another is blowing into the tank a little before you inhale

Bumping the wattage up a little more to see if that clears it up

Check to see if the coil is showing up as the Ohms that it is marked.
No luck. I think because of my past experience with throwing up from the vape makes me uneasy everytime I take a vape hit, I feel like throwing up. I swear this isn't normal.

Vape_Sanctum

Unlisted Vendor
I'm sorry I couldn't be more helpful. Never heard of anyone throwing up from the juice unless it was high nic. Might want to take it to your local vape shop and see if they have any suggestions.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I sometimes get juice "spit back" while using RDAs. Juice can often condensate on drip tips. Usually wiping out the inside of drip tips helps.

Sometimes it condenses because the juice does not fully atomize / vaporize. That can be caused by not enough heat. Which may mean a need of turning up wattage, putting in a charged battery, changing your temperature control settings.

Other times it might simply condense there as being course of nature. You draw off vapor there. Whatever vapor is left to linger condenses back to juice and settles on the drip tip.

If it has made you sick I would suggest using a lower nicotine strength juice, or even 0 mg nicotine juice. I vape 18 mg nicotine and have ever since starting and knowing to get that in my juice. It's what I like, feel okay using. I seldom may get a headache. That strength is not for everyone.

Use what suits you. No honor, or shame whatever your nicotine strength.

Last edited:

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Closely inspect the seals on the coil to make sure they are in perfect condition. Make sure coil is seated properly.
See that the mod is in wattage mode.

VU Sponsors