Become a Patron!

Leaky tank

RaevynB

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Ok I am curious. I have and eGo-C upgrade that was pif'd to me by a friend. He gave me a glass tank (I think it is an evod tank?) so that i can vape my cinnamon. The last few days it has been leaking into the battery from the coil adjuster area and it causes the juice to be sucked into my mouth. I have changed the wick in it and it is still doing it. I have tightened up the screw in the bottom of the tank and then I can't get anything out of it.

What am I doing wrong? Any help will be appreciated!

Bahas

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So it is flowing from out of the bottom of the tank? You may have to tighten the coil down they have a tendency to unseat after you unscrew the bottom of them to fill. Screw in the bottom of the tank? I don't remember an adjustment screw in an evod tank. If you can can you post some pics and we can see where the problem lies. NM that isn't an adjustment screw that is your coil I think when you have been tightening that "screw" you actually caused the coil to become unseated leading to a space that the e-liquid can escape from. Just tighten the coil down into the base and screw it back into your tank. Do not try to screw the coil from the bottom, though it looks like a piece to mess with it is just the contact point that plugs into the ego battery. Hope this helps some. Happy Vaping.

RaevynB

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I have tried to upload pics and it keeps giving me an error....grrrrr

RaevynB

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
so i tried what you said and it leaked worse! I give up on this cinnamon til I can afford a dripper mod!

Bahas

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have tried to upload pics and it keeps giving me an error....grrrrr
right click on the pick choose edit. in the editing screen near the top left is a resize button put in the value as 25 or 50 save the file. Then you should be able to upload it the site has a 1mb limit on pictures.

RaevynB

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
here is where the juice collects

Attachments

• IMG_20140705_180437_889.jpg
    IMG_20140705_180437_889.jpg
    573.4 KB · Views: 51

RaevynB

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
here is the bottom of the tank

Attachments

• bottom.jpg
    bottom.jpg
    470.2 KB · Views: 24

RaevynB

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
so need a new coil? I will have to find a place here that has them...thank you

Bahas

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah your coil is bad. Just when you get new coils just tighten till it is seated and doesn't wobble over tightening is as bad as under tightening on those.

RaevynB

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
ok cool thank you. I am such a n00b!

The flavor could be eating through / crack the Evod as well. I have a Cinnamon that can eat through tanks faster than I can hand them to someone. I also swear that a strong cinnamon can eat the rubber seals around atomizers so the atty leaks. Try Bahas recommendation but if it quickly happens again then I would try another flavor!

Bahas

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well if it is glass I would suspect that flavors wouldn't be a problem. Though I can only base that on having protanks along with evod tanks I don't use.

RaevynB

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I am so addicted to my cinnamon tho!

Bahas

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If your tank is glass shouldn't be a problem. If your tank is plastic cinnamon, anise , and citrus is bad news they can crack the plastic.

jae

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Btw, Evods have plastic windows, not glass. And i believe it's polycarbonate, which cracks with cinnamon or citrus, not polypropylene (which won't).

jae

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
They made a glass windowed evod tank. ;)
No shit huh? Huh. I thought i'd heard about that but haven't bought an Evod in a while. Are they actual Kangers? I figured they'd be "improved knockoffs" or something.

Bahas

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
No they were made by kanger I never picked any up cause I went from twist to mechanical mods.

tick22

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
EVOD2 are the glass ones. i thought we figured out it was a bad coil, leaking from the bottom....

Yes were were all noobs at one time and as we move forward are noobs again...

RaevynB

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
maybe I should hold onto the cinnamon til I get a dripper? less headache?

Lefty

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I was going to mention it's not a screw but I see Bahas covered it. Ought to be an option to delete as well as edit.

Last edited:

Bahas

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
EVOD2 are the glass ones. i thought we figured out it was a bad coil, leaking from the bottom....

Yes were were all noobs at one time and as we move forward are noobs again...
The term is nub for those that know better but forget to use it. :p
maybe I should hold onto the cinnamon til I get a dripper? less headache?
Up to you, but as was said it is leaking out of the coil so it's a coil issue not an e-liquid issue.

RaevynB

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
well I think if I am going to blow thru tanks like this...I might as well save the money to buy a dripper mod

Bahas

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Really you shouldn't but I guess that whoever pif'd you the mod and tank didn't explain that you only have to tighten the coil into the base and the base into the tank. Yes drippers are nice but I do love having a tank for the fill and forget when I don't want my better gear busted running around.

RaevynB

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
He did explain some...he wasn't sure how old the gear was due to it being pif'd to him....

RaevynB

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Will have to check a couple of places to see if they have the glass tanks...or the correct coil...local shop doesn't carry the kanger coil

tick22

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Local shop does not carry kanger coils?? what kind of lame shop is that????

Basic stuff should be carried at all real vape shops. batteries, different styles of coils, some cleros, cartos and tanks then the more advanced stuff. I know some so called shops just have the advanced stuff but what good are they to the community at large only serving a part of us....

sorry a rant....

RaevynB

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
OMg this local shop has ego starter kits...juice everywhere...and that is about it...I went today to see about a new coil and some wick...and she had no clue what I was talking about...almost lost my faith

Bahas

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Local shop does not carry kanger coils?? what kind of lame shop is that????

Basic stuff should be carried at all real vape shops. batteries, different styles of coils, some cleros, cartos and tanks then the more advanced stuff. I know some so called shops just have the advanced stuff but what good are they to the community at large only serving a part of us....

sorry a rant....
I have a "real" shop and all they want to do is push people to mechanicals not a hard sale but you can see the intent. They sell a lot of clones and some kanger stuff but they push dripping on customers, but they at least tell them the right information along with it.Funnily enough the head shop that got into vapor gear has more coils and beginner gear.

tick22

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
The heads shops care about their customers. I know it's funny but how do you think they survived so long...

RaevynB

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
i love head shops. most shops around where i live right now only have ego starter kits and juice.

VapingJunkie

Down with the Clown
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
well I think if I am going to blow thru tanks like this...I might as well save the money to buy a dripper mod
Some people think their money is better spent on a dripper, but some people feel they're justified buying some wire and wick, then just rebuilding them on their own. If you genuinely enjoy (or need) the smaller form factor of that setup in order to minimize conflict, then by all means stick with it.

RaevynB

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I would like to try different things...see what works best.

Chowder

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
The flavor could be eating through / crack the Evod as well. I have a Cinnamon that can eat through tanks faster than I can hand them to someone. I also swear that a strong cinnamon can eat the rubber seals around atomizers so the atty leaks. Try Bahas recommendation but if it quickly happens again then I would try another flavor!

As a long time vaporer of cinnamon (I too soooooo enjoy it!) I can deffinately verify that cinnamon WILL eat through plastics AND O rings. I bought 5 packs of 10 orings (from KP, they're cheap) for my RDA just to continue to enjoy it. NEVER put cinnamon in a plastic tank, EVER. It took me three carto tanks before I learned that lesson! Pyrex tanks only and expect loose/flabby orings that come in contact with the juice.

VU Sponsors