Breazy_Com

Excellence In Service
VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There's one more real important place to look. On the chimmny where the coil screws on to. There's an O ring there that if you don't know it's there it gets lost when cleaning or sometimes when you take the coil off it sticks to the coil and falls off. I noticed by accident because I have four of these tanks. I was cleaning them and noticed one had the O ring there and one didn't. Good thing the kits have spare ones or the one on the coil base fits there also I think.

REDD

Member For 4 Years
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I received the 1x9 and 1x8 mm o-rings today. On my tfv4 mini, The 1x9 is too thick for the base on the rca and will not screw in deep enough into the base of the tank.The 1x8 mm works perfectly as long as you tighten the rca base firmly. It also worked for the chimney as well , though I think the 1x7mm are actually perfect for the chimney. This was a great fix. I have zero liquid coming through the air holes now.

Last edited:

Breazy_Com

Excellence In Service
VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I received the 1x9 and 1x8 mm o-rings today. On my tfv4 mini, The 1x9 is too thick for the base on the rca and will not screw in deep enough into the base of the tank.The 1x8 mm works perfectly as long as you tighten down firmly. It also worked for the chimney as well as though I think the 1x7mm are actually perfect for the chimney. This was a great fix. I have zero liquid coming through the air holes now.
Glad you got it sorted out. The TVF4 is my favorite tank !

zipflint

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine is starting to give me fits. I've already replaced the o-ring that goes around the bottom of the RBA deck. That ended my "floods til it's empty" problem, so big thanks for figuring that out!

However, I still have some leaking going on when filling or re-filling. Once I fill to about 1mm beyond the barrel and top cap draw tube joint (apologies if I'm failing to describe these parts sufficiently), it starts leaking. Described another way: I can get e-liquid juuuust beyond that little o-ring in the top cap, then it leaks.

That little guy is still there, and is snugly in place and not worn down. It appears to be fine. And like I said, it looks like I can fill past that o-ring, just not very far. But maybe it's a bit too small and air (or e-liquid?) pressure is forcing joose directly out of the air holes.

My method of filling after disassembly and cleaning: with the air flow wide open, I screw on the top cap and tank with the fill slot open. Once fully assembled, I close the air flow. I use a small-ish gauge syringe to steadily fill the tank. Once I see that the liquid level is no longer increasing (due to the leaking I'm describing) I close the fill cap, **turn the whole tank upside down** and open the air flow. Usually, something like 10 good drops of e-liquid comes out of one of the air holes. I clean up the tank and turn it right side up.

I can then vape away, no gurgling and no more leaking. I love this thing. Once I got a big ol' coil in there (26 gauge contact coil, kanthal, big thick wick ending just at the juice channels, very much like a Kayfun build) the flavor and vapor are really great at 32 watts (1.02 Ohm coil). So I want it to hold the darn joose!

Any help will be appreciated!

REDD

Member For 4 Years
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had the exact problem in the past. The key is just the right amount of wick. And none into the juice wells.,but you have to use thick cotton and its best in my opinion to saturate the wick before placing the barrel on. I use a curved metal dental pick to make sure the wick is pressed down just right at the base of the deck. That's where it leaks if you have good seals in place . When refilling I make sure to use almost all of the juice in the tank , then close off air holes and fill up to the metal top
But not overfilling. It's very important to take a dozen or so. Vapes until you see the air bubble Move up in the tank. Especially when refilling on a used wick. I always rewick after two tanks , otherwise I notice the Japanese cotton can't keep it from slightly leaking after a refill.Lastly , fill it up quickly and close the top right away .

Last edited:

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
My TFV4's don't leak at all anymore, not when refilling or laying down on their side overnight. Its all to do with the wicking. I will one day make a picture tutorial (don't have a web cam) of how I wick my TFV4. Basically I wick it like I wick'd my kayfuns and subtank minis. I cut the wicking a little longer, wet the wicking before adding the chimney, make a wick fan by kinda flattening the juiced wick with a knife blade on the bottom and a dental pick then cutting the corners off so it sits nicely against the corner of the deck. Butting the edge of the wick with the bottom corner of the deck so no hairs get caught when putting on the chimney, then shimmy on the chimney. Once the chimney is on the with the dental pick push the bottom of the wick over the juice channel from inside and back, look up from the bottom to see if there are openings or wick in the channel, remove and adjust if necessary. I then with the other end of the dental pick push the wick down from the top.
It sounds a bit confusing but my wicking method seems to work. I been wicking this method for eons now with rayon, haven't used cotton since I tried the Qtip wick replacement trick in my protanks ages ago as a beginner, I found hemp fiber way better than any cotton but rayon rules the atty.
Redd got a dental pick so he also know valuable having one is. A dental pick is well worth looking around for. I found mine at a warehouse discount store but they can be found in princess auto type places.
Something else about TFV4 leak when filling or that small burst of juice out the bottom after you filled...When you pull the cap back and inside the U groove you'll see a juice film in the groove. Remove that film cause IMO that film creates a airlock and juice is forced down and out when your displacing the air in the atty with juice. Since consciously removing that film every time before I fill, my tfv4 hasn't leaked during a refill

Last edited:

zipflint

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Alter, am I doin' something close to what you're doing? Or do I maybe have too MUCH rayon on the deck?
Here's mah current build:
TFV4 build 006 by Jason Leaphart, on Flickr

Erik13

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I just got a pack of TF T8 coils and now I'm getting leaking from the bottom air holes. None of the other coils did this. Did I get a bad batch?

Mike O

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had both the TFV4 and TFV4 mini for some time now and I have had no leaks at all with either.

devildog

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Like I said, if you want a few just contact me and Ill get some out to you.

Also - is anyone else having difficulty with TapaTalk? Mine's not working at all, and will drastically decrease my ability to keep an eye on the thread...
Ordered some from you today coming to savannah ga
There is no need to search.
There is no need to search.

Staff removed>direct ebay seller links are not allowed to be posted by seller

Those are the listings for my TFV4 seals. Read the feedback.

I didn't originally intend on selling them, but it's gone well and I have literally hundreds of messages from people full of "thank yous" and exclamation points. It genuinely makes me feel good that people are not only helped by what I'm providing them, but also express appreciation for the effort I put in.

I get and respond to direct messages through VU Forum daily, but I DO NOT check this or any other post with any regularity.

I do send more to anyone who contacts me personally and pays directly, since there are no eBay fees involved and I like to give people with forum memberships a bit extra since they're presumably more active in the community at large. You can use PayPal or I can send a quick-link that will allow you to use a card.

-----------------Just ordered some from you coming to Savannah Ga------------------------------

(SIDE NOTE: Despite what some apparently think, I am quite capable of conducting a Google search and reading the results. When I originally posted about wasted time and money, all of that is exactly what I was referring to. So please, I hate to see people waste their own time just to spend more to end up with a handful extra useless seals because they confuse the links posted by other members for those that my original post referred to, and that I have available.

As I've told the only two or three people who've busted my chops in all this time, everyone is welcome to spend the time, money, and effort (and juice!) to go through the trial and error I did, OR pay $5.00 and have your problem solved in 2-3 days when you receive EXACTLY what you need from someone who's already done the work. The price is less, and the product is better. Period. It's a simple, fair thing. And as my feedback will attest, they are indeed what you need, and I ALWAYS treat people fairly and with respect.)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Staff removed>direct ebay seller links are not allowed to be posted by seller

Those are the listings for my TFV4 seals. Read the feedback.

I didn't originally intend on selling them, but it's gone well and I have literally hundreds of messages from people full of "thank yous" and exclamation points. It genuinely makes me feel good that people are not only helped by what I'm providing them, but also express appreciation for the effort I put in.

I get and respond to direct messages through VU Forum daily, but I DO NOT check this or any other post with any regularity.

I do send more to anyone who contacts me personally and pays directly, since there are no eBay fees involved and I like to give people with forum memberships a bit extra since they're presumably more active in the community at large. You can use PayPal or I can send a quick-link that will allow you to use a card.

-----------------------------------------------

(SIDE NOTE: Despite what some apparently think, I am quite capable of conducting a Google search and reading the results. When I originally posted about wasted time and money, all of that is exactly what I was referring to. So please, I hate to see people waste their own time just to spend more to end up with a handful extra useless seals because they confuse the links posted by other members for those that my original post referred to, and that I have available.

As I've told the only two or three people who've busted my chops in all this time, everyone is welcome to spend the time, money, and effort (and juice!) to go through the trial and error I did, OR pay $5.00 and have your problem solved in 2-3 days when you receive EXACTLY what you need from someone who's already done the work. The price is less, and the product is better. Period. It's a simple, fair thing. And as my feedback will attest, they are indeed what you need, and I ALWAYS treat people fairly and with respect.)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wayland1

Member For 4 Years
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Ok I have been reading some of the comments here and I was wondering if this might work for the cleito that leaks so bad I am ready to trash it. Can anyone give me some info about this...:)

VU Sponsors