Become a Patron!

Leather Case

So, yesterday I bought some leather and decided to make a leather case for my Triade. I took a big piece of leather and folded in half so it would be thicker and then I stiched it around my mod. The bad/funny part is that I didn't make any holes for my buttons and venting. Well, I did it on purpose, since I had in my mind to make the holes after I stiched it. Unfortunatelly, I can't punch holes with some tool (the one it is used for leather punching, I don't know the exact term, since English isn't my native language). Any thoughts about how I could make these holes? I got some razor-blade-tool (again don't know the exact term :( ) with which I intent to open them, but I am open to any suggestions/better thoughts! Thanks in advance! Have a great day and sorry for my English :)

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
TL-030-2.jpg

First of all thanks for responding! Secondly thank you again because those were the tools I meant above, but I currently don't have them. Any other way that I could make some holes? (Also I need to make a square-hole any idea about this one? )

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I think "Swiss Army Knives" have an awl; it's useful for belts, making new holes. Or, you can also use an icepick; I've had to resort to that on occasion.

Andria

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
First of all thanks for responding! Secondly thank you again because those were the tools I meant above, but I currently don't have them. Any other way that I could make some holes? (Also I need to make a square-hole any idea about this one? )

For a square hole, I think a punch would work better than any "poking" tool. If you can find something the size and shape you want, like an automotive tool for instance, you could use it to make the punch by using it as a "chisel", hammering on the end against something hard.

Andria

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
If you want a square punch, you need to look at leather makers tools.

Or industrial tools for fabricating conveyor belts.

magnetik

Member For 4 Years
I know it's late.. sorry but been busy with a new house. As far as tools for leather... a good set of punches are what you need. If you have a small leather press it will be easier but you can get away with a mallet.

For straight cuts or square holes.. I use these.
fdce77c1-34f9-88ea-41e4-c257db833029.jpg

For small circles you can use a circle punch or similar.. (make sure they're sharp)
Leather%20Hole%20punches.jpg

or these..

71O3-uLdz5L._SL1000_.jpg

VU Sponsors